+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Leroy Sane could make a sensational return to action after being included in tomorrow nights Squad

Leroy Sane could make a sensational return to action after being included in tomorrow nights Squad

Leroy Sane could make a sensational return to action after being included in the Manchester City travelling squad for the Champions League game with Basel.

The German winger was expected to be out for seven weeks after being injured during the FA Cup win over Cardiff a fortnight ago.

However, Sane was back running on Friday and was involved in full training with his teammates on Monday morning ahead of their flight to Switzerland.

Despite suggesting otherwise before the Leicester game, Pep Guardiola has included Sane in a 20-man squad for the last-16 tie and is further boosted by the inclusions of David Silva and Fabian Delph.

https://www.manchestereveningnews.co...basel-14279627

Didnt we call the injury was not as bad the Pep and Man city were making out

Re: Leroy Sane could make a sensational return to action after being included in tomorrow nights Squad

Well I'll be Bennnetted

Re: Leroy Sane could make a sensational return to action after being included in tomorrow nights Squad

Quote Originally Posted by blue matt View Post
    Leroy Sane could make a sensational return to action after being included in the Manchester City travelling squad for the Champions League game with Basel.

The German winger was expected to be out for seven weeks after being injured during the FA Cup win over Cardiff a fortnight ago.

However, Sane was back running on Friday and was involved in full training with his teammates on Monday morning ahead of their flight to Switzerland.

Despite suggesting otherwise before the Leicester game, Pep Guardiola has included Sane in a 20-man squad for the last-16 tie and is further boosted by the inclusions of David Silva and Fabian Delph.

https://www.manchestereveningnews.co...basel-14279627

Didnt we call the injury was not as bad the Pep and Many city were making out
    Great news.

So he is actually alive then?

Quote Originally Posted by The Bob Banker Spanker View Post
    So he is actually alive then?
    Apparently, against the odds, he pulled through.

2 weeks I said. 8 days, it's a miracle.

**** right off Pep and the press

After all that, he's out for two weeks

Prick.

The fact that he played on to half-time with a triple compound fracture of his ego spoke volumes.......

I wonder if he was injured at all and Pep just used it as an excuse to have a whinge. Doesn't excuse the tackle but it all looked a little odd at the time...

Have to say Pep has dropped enormously in my estimation. He obviously thinks he's now back in Spain where he'd expect to be given every call if anyone dared to challenge his expensive players.

Well I'm cancelling the just giving page. Deceiving ****

Quote Originally Posted by Trigger View Post
    Well I'm cancelling the just giving page. Deceiving ****
    In fairness Sane himself said he 'wouldn't be out for long'

It was Poncy Pep who tried to make a big deal of it and the press and pundits who lapped it up

Quote Originally Posted by Lawnmower View Post
    2 weeks I said. 8 days, it's a miracle.

**** right off Pep and the press
    He's a lucky lad because it was a really bad tackle and could have been a leg breaker. But, this is modern football, so we should just mock the victim. Tribal stupidity in all its glory.

Quote Originally Posted by Badly Ironed Shirt View Post
    He's a lucky lad because it was a really bad tackle and could have been a leg breaker. But, this is modern football, so we should just mock the victim. Tribal stupidity in all its glory.
    I think you'll find most of the mocking is aimed at Pep's over-reaction.

Yet Jazz Richards still injured after his kicking against Man City and nothing is said in media?

Fair play to him lucky his leg wasn't snapped in half

I don't really get all the angst towards Guardiola on here. It wasn't as if he reacted like David O'Leary after the Leeds game.

It was a bad tackle, which happened a game or two after the tackle by Puncheon on De Bruyne which could have ended his season.

There days after our game there was a tackle by Phillips on Diaz which was borderline assault.

Let's be honest here, all three tackles could have been season ending tackles so its not as if he is saying don't touch my players but I think he's right in saying certain tackles need to be outlawed.

Quote Originally Posted by thehumblegringo View Post
    I don't really get all the angst towards Guardiola on here. It wasn't as if he reacted like David O'Leary after the Leeds game.

It was a bad tackle, which happened a game or two after the tackle by Puncheon on De Bruyne which could have ended his season.

There days after our game there was a tackle by Phillips on Diaz which was borderline assault.

Let's be honest here, all three tackles could have been season ending tackles so its not as if he is saying don't touch my players but I think he's right in saying certain tackles need to be outlawed.
    Stop talking sense gringo. It’s out of place in this thread!

Quote Originally Posted by thehumblegringo View Post

Whilst conveniently ignoring some of the horrendous tackles his own players were making in the same matches. Fernandinho's stamp on the WBA player forced him to leave the field but barely drew any comment. Pep's a hypocrite.

I agree some tackles need dealing with more severely, and there may be a need to review whether certain types of tackle should be banned altogether. I'd like to see the cynical 'taking one for the team' tackle punished by a red card but that's down to the rulemakers to sort out. I'd also like to see players punished for preventing quick free kicks or for questioning decisions but we're probably getting too far off topic now.

Quote Originally Posted by Penarth Blues View Post
    Whilst conveniently ignoring some of the horrendous tackles his own players were making in the same matches. Fernandinho's stamp on the WBA player forced him to leave the field but barely drew any comment. Pep's a hypocrite.

I agree some tackles need dealing with more severely, and there may be a need to review whether certain types of tackle should be banned altogether. I'd like to see the cynical 'taking one for the team' tackle punished by a red card but that's down to the rulemakers to sort out. I'd also like to see players punished for preventing quick free kicks or for questioning decisions but we're probably getting too far off topic now.
    I saw the Fernandinho tackle and I'm not arguing that the player had to be withdrawn but it didn't look horrendous and looked quite innocuous when I saw it.

When I played football or even when I watch my son play ffootball it's those tackles like the one by Puncheon that make me cringe or the ones over the top of the ball.

When Man City played Spurs earlier this season, there were two tackles that were highlighted which looked bad. There was one by Kane in which I think he went over the top of the ball on Sterling but you could see that when he was about to make impact he tried to take his weight out of the tackle to minimise any injury whereas the foul by Deli Alli in the same game was horrendous and career threatening with intent.

Some of the freeze frames on here since the Man City game have been akin to the Kane challenge when you actually watch the footage. For example the David Silva foul I think it was against West Brom.

The media were determined to see Pep fail in his first year in England cos he wouldn't say this was the "best league in the world".

I think many have taken the bait of this witch hunt amd will jump on anything he says or does.

For me his presence in our league can only be a good thing and I love seeing a coach who goes out to win every game especially by dominating the football. I hope it's infectious.

I was gonna start a Pep thread today on here highlighting how good a football mind he is, but maybe I shouldn't.

It's on a par with this other miracle

miracle5.jpg

I thought Pep's comments were fair enough at the time - and he would have had no idea that a miracle recovery was coming and it was a bad tackle by Bennett. Making Man City out to be football angels though was cynical deflection.

It was the press/media/blog reaction that got me angry. A small dollop of fair comment buried in a relentless and hypocritical campaign of vilification against our club and manager. For the most part it was dishonest, hysterical and lazy.

Quote Originally Posted by jon1959 View Post
    I thought Pep's comments were fair enough at the time - and he would have had no idea that a miracle recovery was coming and it was a bad tackle by Bennett. Making Man City out to be football angels though was cynical deflection.

It was the press/media/blog reaction that got me angry. A small dollop of fair comment buried in a relentless and hypocritical campaign of vilification against our club and manager. For the most part it was dishonest, hysterical and lazy.
    I wasn't aware of a hysterical campaign against us, certainly not on the scale of the Leeds aftermath in 2002 which Gringo mentioned earlier. Guardiola was unhappy with the Bennett challenge but didn't single him, or us, out. He included it as one of a number of dangerous tackles against his players that hadn't been punished with red cards. It was a fair point and as our game was live on BBC, the Bennett incident got more coverage than it would have done otherwise but, once Phillips had launched himself at Diaz a few days later, everyone moved on.

Apart from Warnock that is. A lot of the criticism we received initially was down to his ridiculous 'he's in England now' dig at Guardiola (he wasn't in England which made it even more stupid). Two days later, he seemed to have realised his mistake and accepted how bad the Bennett foul was. Then, a week on, he came back for more like a drunk having another go in the car park after being pulled away from a pub fight earlier.

The drunk analogy works well here, that's how Warnock came across in last week's press conference. Babbling on about 'slow stills' and 'luck of the green', blaming Bennett for the stick he'd got in the press (completely forgetting the chain of events here) and laying into 'horrendous' challenges by Man City players, including a completely accidental collision involving de Bruyne that even Mark Lawrenson was able to analyse accurately at the time.

I'm not wild about his style of football but accept that Warnock is well in credit for what he's done here so far. We're punching above our weight in the Championship and are making attempts to revamp things at under-23 level that, hopefully, bodes well for the future. While a lot of the stick we receive for being aggressive or over-physical is unjustified, Warnock didn't cover himself in glory over the Man City affair and deserved all the criticism he got for it.

It's a good job we didn't have today's social media back in 2002.

Quote Originally Posted by jon1959 View Post
    It's a good job we didn't have today's social media back in 2002.
    Indeed. It's a good job Warnock wasn't our manager at the time too, we'd all have ended up in Guantanamo Bay.

If only he would also criticise his own players for the same things, I think people on here may not be so angry towards him.