+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Mendez-Laing

Mendez-Laing

I know he's being discussed in another thread but I thought he warrants a thread on its own.

The lad was poor on Friday and his form has dipped dramatically over the last few months but I refuse to believe he is a poor player.

Granted he's not David Silva in his decision making but anyone who saw him up in Molineux would have seen the potential tis kid has when he has a bit of confidence.

I personally think we need the cut the kid a bit of slack and get behind him as he's obviously a confidence player and if we can get him firing again it will certainly help our cause this season.

Re: Mendez-Laing

Maybe a spell on the bench, and coming on as an impact sub might do him some good.

He looks shot to pieces at the moment.

Think the point about winter could be a good one.

It's also obvious to see he's lost confidence.

I'd like to see us change formations.

Go 4411.

Keep Hoilett and NML out wide but play a little more through the middle, use our number 10 who has the option to go direct through to the striker, or play it out wide for a cross for Madine, or let Hoilett/NML cut in.

Hitting balls up to the channels just won't work anymore.
    It's been found Out, hoilett is more experienced so uses another option, NML is a very good player but just needs a little more experience to his game, can't play it yourself? Look for a pass..don't ALWAYS run head down up the wing.

There is a bloke in the family stand who has slagged him off for weeks and he is really starting to get to me.

I hope he comes good as well. A real breath of fresh air early season. A very good athlete but a bit more was my first thought. Couldn't wait to get at players and didn't seem isolated from proceedings as some wingers can. Hasn't been the same since going off against Bristol.

According to the manager he has recovered fully from the injury, but at times it looks as if he is struggling for breath (the asthma issue) when there was no sign of that earlier in the season.

As others have said the main problem seems to be confidence and decision making. He hit a purple patch at the start of the season (after Burton where he had power and pace but no end product), but since coming back he has lost his momentum and at times is trying too hard to reproduce the August performances - and do it all himself instead of getting his head up.

At least there are alternative options to NML if Warnock is willing to use them - Wildschutt, Harries, Pilkington. I think Kadeem could be a major player for us in the run in if NML doesn't get his form back.

After millwall he can’t possibly be starting can he? Please tell me this is so.

Quote Originally Posted by jon1959 View Post
    According to the manager he has recovered fully from the injury, but at times it looks as if he is struggling for breath (the asthma issue) when there was no sign of that earlier in the season.

As others have said the main problem seems to be confidence and decision making. He hit a purple patch at the start of the season (after Burton where he had power and pace but no end product), but since coming back he has lost his momentum and at times is trying too hard to reproduce the August performances - and do it all himself instead of getting his head up.

At least there are alternative options to NML if Warnock is willing to use them - Wildschutt, Harries, Pilkington. I think Kadeem could be a major player for us in the run in if NML doesn't get his form back.
    He's utterly bereft of confidence. He was flying at the start of the season but now he doesn't have the confidence to take people on. I don't know what the answer is, hopefully one flies in off his shin or backside and the pressure drops a bit. Failing that, get him playing u23s but I'm not sure that would help. At the moment we can't afford to carry him but we'll need him before now and the end of the season. He was a real handful before his injury and looked like one of the signings of the season.