+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Le Fondre

Le Fondre

Re: Le Fondre

We know what we're thinking but dare not say!

So he thinks if he scores tonight he wasn't a waste of money? Talk about deluded.

Quote Originally Posted by Des Parrot View Post
    We know what we're thinking but dare not say!
    We got rid of him, 3 goals in 25 games.

This season with Bolton he's really back to prolific goalscoring form with 2 in 22 games.

If he scores, our central defenders should be taken round the back of the stadium and shot.

Didn't Slade buy a Le Fondre top, and wear it out and about ?

He can't genuinely think he wasn't a waste of money? Surely?

Quote Originally Posted by City123 View Post
    He can't genuinely think he wasn't a waste of money? Surely?
    He won't be if he scores tonight. Ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha!

I would put my mortgage on him not scoring tonight....if I had one!

I’ll have 10p on him to score then!

I won’t be at all surprised if he scored tonight, former players normally do against us? As long as we win it won’t matter!

The problem was he didn’t want to leave Reading but we had to sell him to sort out an unpaid tax bill. So he probably came to Cardiff on a downer. He was poor value for you although Morrison proved to be good value.

Quote Originally Posted by Mambo View Post
    He never wanted to be here, he never could be bothered to put any effort in, he thought he was better than he is.
    Couldnt care less if he scores tonight - as we'll score more - and we'll tackle him so hard he'll want to come off asap
    one of his last games at home -maybe his last- he had 4/5 simple headers to score. Put them all well wide. He went soon after giving the club that message..

He didn’t get the best service however when he did get the ball he wasn’t a competent striker.

A very overrated player and just hit a purple patch at Reading

He did naff all last night!

To be fair our defence didn’t let him

Yes, Peltier, Manga and Morrison were solid. Not totally convinced by Traore as a left back, he seems more of an attacking player. Lovely finish for the goal though.

He is so limited it's untrue. That attempt from 30 yards when only Ronaldo in World football could have pulled that off was bizarre

Quote Originally Posted by Mambo View Post
    He never wanted to be here, he never could be bothered to put any effort in, he thought he was better than he is.
    Couldnt care less if he scores tonight - as we'll score more - and we'll tackle him so hard he'll want to come off asap
    My recollection is that LeFondre didn't attract the stick Macheda (who scored more for us than LeFondre) did because it was generally felt that at least he was putting in the effort - both of them were poor signings though.

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    My recollection is that LeFondre didn't attract the stick Macheda (who scored more for us than LeFondre) did because it was generally felt that at least he was putting in the effort - both of them were poor signings though.
    He blamed our style of play, when I remember him missing twice from a couple of yards, if that!

Why didn't he or Amoeba () play last night?

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    Just looked up Macheda on Wikipedia.

Now playing in Italy for a team in Serie B Novara , not a team I am familiar with. Did OK for them last season , but only 1 goal in 12 appearances so far this season.

While he was with us , I had the view that he was another player that thought he was better than he actually was and didn`t want the effort in because of that (the "I used to play for Man Utd" attitude).

Quote Originally Posted by Since62 View Post
    Just looked up Macheda on Wikipedia.

Now playing in Italy for a team in Serie B Novara , not a team I am familiar with. Did OK for them last season , but only 1 goal in 12 appearances so far this season.

While he was with us , I had the view that he was another player that thought he was better than he actually was and didn`t want the effort in because of that (the "I used to play for Man Utd" attitude).
    Novara are quite interesting. It's becoming fairly common in Italy (see SPAL and Benevento this season) whereby a team gets a double promotion into Serie A, gets completely outclassed and goes down again. Novara's last few seasons have been promotion, promotion, relegation, lost in playoff final, relegation, promotion, 9th!

I remember seeing Le Fondre when he was at Birmingham and thought his game was limited. He had a tendency to score goals when balls were threaded through for him to latch onto, and he was a confidence player. Like a cheap Michael Owen. Back to goal he had the strength of a intoxicated nat, not that strong in the air, not that great taking shots on a cross and had the first touch of a rapist. To Reading's credit they understood his strengths and weaknesses well, signed him, and played the football that allowed him to score goals. Reading were a classic example of finding the right player to suit your style, or moulding a team around the ability of the players. We did neither with our strikers.

So the sale to Cardiff was fairly explainable. Reading needed to sell and we offered good money. Agent buzzed in his ears "Hey Cardiff will pay decent wages, go there." Like any sensible employee he saw the money and came here. And he probably thought that Ole would play decent football for him but couldn't get it going. Chances dried up, his confidence dipped and the rest is history. Slade's tactics would never suit Le Fondre so he is quite right - he didn't stand a chance under Slade as it was long ball, and nobody was capable of threading a decent ball through for him other than Mats Moehler Dahli, who was about as flavour of the month to Slade as a turd sandwich.

He was quite right when he said out style did not suit him, because he was one dimensional. But then again Slade didn't even have half a dimension himself. Awful combination one would say.

Quote Originally Posted by Keyser Soze View Post
    I remember seeing Le Fondre when he was at Birmingham and thought his game was limited. He had a tendency to score goals when balls were threaded through for him to latch onto, and he was a confidence player. Like a cheap Michael Owen. Back to goal he had the strength of a intoxicated nat, not that strong in the air, not that great taking shots on a cross and had the first touch of a rapist. To Reading's credit they understood his strengths and weaknesses well, signed him, and played the football that allowed him to score goals. Reading were a classic example of finding the right player to suit your style, or moulding a team around the ability of the players. We did neither with our strikers.

So the sale to Cardiff was fairly explainable. Reading needed to sell and we offered good money. Agent buzzed in his ears "Hey Cardiff will pay decent wages, go there." Like any sensible employee he saw the money and came here. And he probably thought that Ole would play decent football for him but couldn't get it going. Chances dried up, his confidence dipped and the rest is history. Slade's tactics would never suit Le Fondre so he is quite right - he didn't stand a chance under Slade as it was long ball, and nobody was capable of threading a decent ball through for him other than Mats Moehler Dahli, who was about as flavour of the month to Slade as a turd sandwich.

He was quite right when he said out style did not suit him, because he was one dimensional. But then again Slade didn't even have half a dimension himself. Awful combination one would say.
    He's never played for Birmingham? It's wholly unfair to blame Slade for ALF's failures here as well, he couldn't hit a barn door with a banjo. You can blame Slade for a lot but Le Fondre had a plenty of chances and he hardly scored. His record since his spell here is testament to the fact he isn't actually that good. He missed two open goals during his spell here, for whatever reason it didn't work.

I don’t remember him being a regular starter at Reading. For some reason I’ve got him as scoring a ton (if not most) of his goals off the bench. League 2 or 3 player for me even in his prime