+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: FT: CARDIFF CITY 2 - 0 BOLTON. Match thread

Re: FT: CARDIFF CITY 2 - 0 BOLTON. Match thread

We started off a bit uncertain tonight but were always too good for the Bolton side who played tonight. We could easily have had 5 or 6 but looked a lot better once the first one went in. Wildschut and Hoillett missed some really good chances tonight but played well generally. Zohore still hasn't quite found his shooting boots yet but what he does seem to have found is his desire to be competitive again which is a huge positive from tonight. Just worried that he seemed to have picked up a bit of a dead leg at the end and had to come off.

Overall we won the game easily and could have scored more, but I think the players were holding a little bit back for Saturday as they didn't really go for more goals in the second half.

As it is we're now a point behind Villa and level with Derby with a game in hand. Autos are firmly back in our own hands now. Let's see what we can do about kicking on from here. Boro Saturday should be a good game provided Zohore isn't too injured.

I also thought Grujic had his best game for us tonight. He really controlled the midfield. Test will be whether he can do it against better teams.

Quote Originally Posted by tomm View Post
    I also thought Grujic had his best game for us tonight. He really controlled the midfield. Test will be whether he can do it against better teams.
    He did play well and looked to be getting a bit more belief in himself. Just need him to keep stepping up his game and to start to impose himself on players he should be better than.

Quote Originally Posted by dembethewarrior View Post
    Alright fella, were you at the game?

General consensus was he played well?

I had to work so missed tonight.
    Alright mate. Yeah was at the game. Looked strong once Wildschut cape on. Held the ball up well. Ken was a 6-7 for me.

Grujic best game I’ve seen him play for us. Some sloppy passes Hollywood style though. His positional play his excellent. Works hard , tracks back and wins most of the balls in the air.

Peltier solid all night. Paterson some decent balls and work rate excellent.

It’s like watching the Luftwaffe watching us at the moment. Everything is in the air. A war of attrition. It ain’t pretty but it’s working.

Most I've enjoyed a City game for a while. I think we could have won 6-0 If we wanted to.

Grujic was very good and was always available. I still think we were wasteful on the ball even when under no pressure.
    However we did look very good at times. Hoilett was a joy to watch again and must have done about 10 nutmegs tonight.
    Great to see Ken looking a bit more like he was last February so all in all a good night.

A much-needed win. Putting a decent little run together. A draw Saturday wouldn't be the end of the world.

Quote Originally Posted by Fine Lines View Post
    Alright mate. Yeah was at the game. Looked strong once Wildschut cape on. Held the ball up well. Ken was a 6-7 for me.

Grujic best game I’ve seen him play for us. Some sloppy passes Hollywood style though. His positional play his excellent. Works hard , tracks back and wins most of the balls in the air.

It’s like watching the Luftwaffe watching us at the moment. Everything is in the air. A war of attrition. It ain’t pretty but it’s working.
    With that in mind I look forward to seeing our team for Saturday.

Boro not too far off a play off spot so will be a tough game that.

Quote Originally Posted by Louth View Post
    A much-needed win. Putting a decent little run together. A draw Saturday wouldn't be the end of the world.
    well said... but if we want to challenge for a top 2 spot... we have to win games like this

Agree about Peltier. I said the other week that he's our best out-and-out right back. Solid and reliable. I thought Manga played well too.

Bolton were worse than Sunderland.

We could have had 10 with more composure and Alnwick was on outstanding form.

Some very good performances, Morrison, Ralls, Grujic, Zohore, Hoilett. Can't criticise anyone when the opposition was so dire (except the keeper).

Quote Originally Posted by Des Parrot View Post
    Bolton were worse than Sunderland.

We could have had 10 with more composure and Alnwick was on outstanding form.

Some very good performances, Morrison, Ralls, Grujic, Zohore, Hoilett. Can't criticise anyone when the opposition was so dire (except the keeper).
    I'm still not convinced by Grujic. He's got obvious pedigree and shows nice touches, but doesn't impose himself enough on the game for me. To think that he's pretty much guaranteed to start every game seems wrong, and harsh on the likes of Damour who has to rely on Ralls being unavailable to get a game.

Quote Originally Posted by Gnojek View Post
    I'm still not convinced by Grujic. He's got obvious pedigree and shows nice touches, but doesn't impose himself enough on the game for me. To think that he's pretty much guaranteed to start every game seems wrong, and harsh on the likes of Damour who has to rely on Ralls being unavailable to get a game.
    That will come mate. You've got to remember he's been playing powder puff u23 football for years in an entirely different system. I'm expecting to get better and better.

Quote Originally Posted by thehumblegringo View Post
    That will come mate. You've got to remember he's been playing powder puff u23 football for years in an entirely different system. I'm expecting to get better and better.
    Fair point buddy, although the longer he takes to gets to grip with things, the less time we'll see the benefits.

We played more football than we have for a while . Not so much hoofball .
    I enjoyed the game , we were miles better than Bolton . Looking forward to Saturday which will be a different ball game .

Quote Originally Posted by Gnojek View Post
    Fair point buddy, although the longer he takes to gets to grip with things, the less time we'll see the benefits.
    I wouldn't be surprised to see him on loan here again next season

Peltier playing well. Paterson competitive. Ken seems off it tonight. Needs to hold it up more.
    Having watched the game now, I thought Kens hold up play was excellent. Can't really say anything else.