+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Sky 4 BT 1

Sky 4 BT 1

Sky have won four of the 7 TV packages for the EPL. BT won one, and are paying less overall than in the last TV Rights. There are two more packages up for grabs, and I am hoping to see an online company win one.

Re: Sky 4 BT 1

Quote Originally Posted by Badly Ironed Shirt View Post
    Sky have won four of the 7 TV packages for the EPL. BT won one, and are paying less overall than in the last TV Rights. There are two more packages up for grabs, and I am hoping to see an online company win one.
    BT are paying more than before, Sky less. It looks like BT have a better package than before. Could see them getting more in 3 years time when the next round of rights are due to be bid for.

5 billion pounds. Surreal money.

Quote Originally Posted by Zenith View Post
    5 billion pounds. Surreal money.
    Makes you wonder why they need our season ticket fees.

Quote Originally Posted by dembethewarrior View Post
    Makes you wonder why they need our season ticket fees.
    I've thought that too. £20 really is plenty.

Quote Originally Posted by Louth View Post
    I've thought that too. £20 really is plenty.
    Don't get me wrong family stand ST are more than reasonable, but look abroad and you can watch a lot better for a lot less than we do here.

Expect BT to go for at least 1 of the 2 remaining packages

I was listening to radio conversation on this on the way home from last night's match where someone was saying that his young son had not played a single game since November because his team were finding it impossible to get a pitch in a good enough condition to play on and Chris Waddle chipped in to say that he is involved with a Sunday League team that has to pay £180 per game for the pitch they use - in a game as awash with money as British football is (in some areas at least) that is a disgraceful situation which completely mirrors a society where the gap between the very rich and the poorest grows every year.

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    I was listening to radio conversation on this on the way home from last night's match where someone was saying that his young son had not played a single game since November because his team were finding it impossible to get a pitch in a good enough condition to play on and Chris Waddle chipped in to say that he is involved with a Sunday League team that has to pay £180 per game for the pitch they use - in a game as awash with money as British football is (in some areas at least) that is a disgraceful situation which completely mirrors a society where the gap between the very rich and the poorest grows every year.
    That isn't a one off either, the team I pay for are lucky enough to have a long standing arrangement with a school but one the odd occasion we've had to hire a council pitch and it was about £150-200; with a portakabin as a changing room.

I thought Amazon and Netflix were bidding? They must have offered peanuts

Quote Originally Posted by Llanedeyrnblue View Post
    Netflix have just paid 400 million dollars for some writer to join them over 5 years, he's written American horror or something, anyway, that's seen as "big money" in the articles I've seen on reddit.. so maybe it's just not their time yet.

Quote Originally Posted by Llanedeyrnblue View Post
    im surprised they weren't more heavily involved in the bidding.

The gate receipts are now such a small percentage of club revenue, it baffles me why you can't subscribe to a "season ticket" to watch your clubs games online regardless of kick off time. The technology exists. Its already possible via iFollow if abroad. If you open it up to online, reduce the price of match tickets.

Quote Originally Posted by Fine Lines View Post

The gate receipts are now such a small percentage of club revenue, it baffles me why you can't subscribe to a "season ticket" to watch your clubs games online regardless of kick off time. The technology exists. Its already possible via iFollow if abroad. If you open it up to online, reduce the price of match tickets.
    That's where we are heading. The interesting thing is that one of the packages yet to be sold is for 20 midweek games. Those 20 games will happen over 2 rounds! This package will, I think, go to an online streaming company like Amazon and is an early experiment of having every EPL game available on "TV".

Sorry the other package is the same - one round of midweek games and one of bank holiday fixtures.

For me it isnt about gate receipts, its about the atmosphere of the game, if we allow a " streamed ST " then the fickle fans will not bother to go and see a game as CCS, they will sit at home in the warm, we have enough " fans " who do not go to anything other than the big games, we do not need to encourage anymore , I know its rich coming from me as i know i do not get to every game, but real life often gets in the way, If i am free, i get to the game

Wasn't UEFA concerned about bt and the champions league because viewing figures had dropped

Quote Originally Posted by jamieccfc View Post
    Wasn't UEFA concerned about bt and the champions league because viewing figures had dropped
    Crazy when you consider how cheap BT sport is..

Crazy when you consider how cheap BT sport is..
    Majority of people had sky sports and itv and don't want to pay extra for BT

It's free with BT internet and thrown in with virgin too I think, add on loads of pubs who had it because they were basically giving it away compared to sky prices and loads of pubs that wouldn't have sky had BT as it was worth it.

Probably right mindeben after I've said all that. If it was all on sky sports it would be the same, figures have dropped because it's left itv which was shit and free.

It's free with BT internet and thrown in with virgin too I think, add on loads of pubs who had it because they were basically giving it away compared to sky prices and loads of pubs that wouldn't have sky had BT as it was worth it.

Probably right mindeben after I've said all that. If it was all on sky sports it would be the same, figures have dropped because it's left itv which was shit and free.
    It’s not free anymore. I got BT internet and pay 10 a month. Gone up from 6 a month in last 12 months and will no doubt go up again with this new deal.

Quote Originally Posted by J R Hartley View Post
    It’s not free anymore. I got BT internet and pay 10 a month. Gone up from 6 a month in last 12 months and will no doubt go up again with this new deal.
    I don't pay a penny as a new customer, mate has virgin and doesn't pay either.

I don't pay a penny as a new customer, mate has virgin and doesn't pay either.
    So it’s free for a year then basically

Quote Originally Posted by blue matt View Post
    For me it isnt about gate receipts, its about the atmosphere of the game, if we allow a " streamed ST " then the fickle fans will not bother to go and see a game as CCS, they will sit at home in the warm, we have enough " fans " who do not go to anything other than the big games, we do not need to encourage anymore , I know its rich coming from me as i know i do not get to every game, but real life often gets in the way, If i am free, i get to the game
    Yeah I agree , and know what you mean. I think the onus would be on the clubs to make it an entertaining and exciting environment. Almost like a baseball game in the USA. Drop the price and make it worth going.

I must admit sat there last night having paid £63 for me and the misses, in the cold. Watching the ball sail in the air the majority of the time does make you question your sanity.

Yeah I agree , and know what you mean. I think the onus would be on the clubs to make it an entertaining and exciting environment. Almost like a baseball game in the USA. Drop the price and make it worth going.

I must admit sat there last night having paid £63 for me and the misses, in the cold. Watching the ball sail in the air the majority of the time does make you question your sanity.
    Bloody hell - £63! No wonder they're only pulling in 16,000. Saw bigger crowds in Division 4.

Quote Originally Posted by J R Hartley View Post
    So it’s free for a year then basically
    All I said was it was free though?

If it goes up I'll be sure to get it free again mate

Quote Originally Posted by Badly Ironed Shirt View Post
    Bloody hell - £63! No wonder they're only pulling in 16,000. Saw bigger crowds in Division 4.
    Not on a regular basis we didn’t