+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Pleased Traore got a goal, but is he a full back?

Pleased Traore got a goal, but is he a full back?

Saw him at Pompey where he was a pacey attacking defender signed on loan by 'Arry.

Last night I thought he was beaten too easily on the few occasions Bolton came down his wing and wonder if he would be exposed by a decent winger.

Re: Pleased Traore got a goal, but is he a full back?

Exactly what I said 13 minutes earlier on a different thread!

Probaly, that in players such as him with attacking flair and pace is sometimes compensated in goals or goal assists .

If he had both skills he would still be applying his trade at a higher level .

Quote Originally Posted by Gnojek View Post
    Exactly what I said 13 minutes earlier on a different thread!
    'Pologies, bro

Dim problem mun. Great minds think alike and all that.

Quote Originally Posted by Tall Midget View Post
    Saw him at Pompey where he was a pacey attacking defender signed on loan by 'Arry.

Last night I thought he was beaten too easily on the few occasions Bolton came down his wing and wonder if he would be exposed by a decent winger.
    Probably a good kick up the backside for Joe Bennett to get on top of his game though.

Looked good on the ball but I thought Ralls had to keep covering for him at the back

Was he the player who got arrested at an Arsenal v Spurs match with a knuckle duster on him?

Quote Originally Posted by Croesy Blue View Post
    Looked good on the ball but I thought Ralls had to keep covering for him at the back
    That's the norm in football when you play attacking full backs isn't it? One falls back to cover?

Would be mayhem otherwise.

Quote Originally Posted by ken smith View Post
    Was he the player who got arrested at an Arsenal v Spurs match with a knuckle duster on him?
    Hope so. That's a cracking story.

He will be liked for a time as he's the new guy, but he is more of a liability than fabio and I can only see this ending one way....

Ralls was centre back one minute and left back the next. He did this all game to accommodate Traore. I think it worked due to Grujic being so commanding in the middle, Ralls could afford to cover and Paterson could afford to roam free. It was quite fluid really.

Quote Originally Posted by BuyingManCityTickets View Post
    He will be liked for a time as he's the new guy, but he is more of a liability than fabio and I can only see this ending one way....
    Fink positive butt

Quote Originally Posted by BlueArmy 86 View Post
    Ralls was centre back one minute and left back the next. He did this all game to accommodate Traore. I think it worked due to Grujic being so commanding in the middle, Ralls could afford to cover and Paterson could afford to roam free. It was quite fluid really.
    I meant Ralls was centre mid one minute then left back the next :coat:

Quote Originally Posted by dembethewarrior View Post
    Hope so. That's a cracking story.
    https://www.google.co.uk/amp/s/www.m...e-11341245.amp

I wasn’t fussed on him last night. Looked a bag full of chaos to me. Bit lethargic in trotting back too.

Quote Originally Posted by Fine Lines View Post
    I wasn’t fussed on him last night. Looked a bag full of chaos to me. Bit lethargic in trotting back too.
    You also posted Ken wasn't holding the ball up enough

I must have watched a different game in regards to Zohore

Quote Originally Posted by dembethewarrior View Post
    You also posted Ken wasn't holding the ball up enough

I must have watched a different game in regards to Zohore
    Yeah fair point . It didn’t seem to stick to him as much as I thought it should. There were times he stuck his back end out and held it well. I rewatched the game today on iFollow and perhaps I was over critical last night. I like him, and was willing him to score last night.

Quote Originally Posted by Fine Lines View Post
    Yeah fair point . It didn’t seem to stick to him as much as I thought it should. There were times he stuck his back end out and held it well. I rewatched the game today on iFollow and perhaps I was over critical last night. I like him, and was willing him to score last night.
    I've liked him since his purple patch last year fella and I've been really critical this year because he doesn't always seem to want to beat a man.

Nah respect your opinion lastnight it's east for me to comment having watched it on ifollow and flicking back when I need to, different at a live game, proof of that in here on ant match day thread!!!