+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Are we back in the running for 2nd?

Are we back in the running for 2nd?

Should I refrain from such crazy thoughts.......

Re: Are we back in the running for 2nd?

April is make or break, 4 away games, plus we play Sheffield United, Wolves & Aston Villa on the trot. We need Villa to go on a bad run before then to give us a bit of a buffer.

Keep on winning and there's every chance.

Why not? We're a point off after 31 games.

Quote Originally Posted by Pedro de la Rosa View Post
    Why not? We're a point off after 31 games.
    That's it in a nutshell. I said in that very good thread that's been running over the past few days that, given some of our recent performances, I'm amazed to see us as high in the table as we are, but we are where we are and if some people are saying that, for example, Fulham have a chance of a top two finish (as I'm sure they are), then it has to follow that we do as well.

Of course we are in the running. This time of year two added elements come into play: medium term injuries and strains through being overplayed and squad damage through key players getting injured. This is where bigger, fitter squads ride the hits better than others. Our squad is large and fitness levels are very high, and this is where we will get the added momentum.

This stage of the season is where Warnock's team often cut through and make it when others whimper and fall away. It's all about keeping momentum now. As I was so certain under Mackay, I am equally certain that Warnock will hit the jackpot for us.

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    That's it in a nutshell. I said in that very good thread that's been running over the past few days that, given some of our recent performances, I'm amazed to see us as high in the table as we are, but we are where we are and if some people are saying that, for example, Fulham have a chance of a top two finish (as I'm sure they are), then it has to follow that we do as well.
    Including last night, we have a run of 7 games with 5 at home. We've got 33 points from 15 games at home this season, so we really have to make it count.

Quote Originally Posted by Wales-Bales View Post
    April is make or break, 4 away games, plus we play Sheffield United, Wolves & Aston Villa on the trot. We need Villa to go on a bad run before then to give us a bit of a buffer.
    Spot on here, been looking at the fixtures really closely and that April lot of games is pretty much the make or break, some tough tough games there and we really need to go into these games and come away with atleast 5 points, villa and Derby also have some very tricky games, if I’m right they also face each each other 👍

We were never out of the running

Quote Originally Posted by ccfcwelshlad View Post
    We were never out of the running
    Is the correct answer!

Quote Originally Posted by gronovic View Post
    Spot on here, been looking at the fixtures really closely and that April lot of games is pretty much the make or break, some tough tough games there and we really need to go into these games and come away with atleast 5 points, villa and Derby also have some very tricky games, if I’m right they also face each each other ��
    Last but one game. Let's hope it's not all over by then.

Can see 12 points from the last four games.

Could be 2nd by end of saturday

Quote Originally Posted by Keyser Soze View Post
    Of course we are in the running. This time of year two added elements come into play: medium term injuries and strains through being overplayed and squad damage through key players getting injured. This is where bigger, fitter squads ride the hits better than others. Our squad is large and fitness levels are very high, and this is where we will get the added momentum.

This stage of the season is where Warnock's team often cut through and make it when others whimper and fall away. It's all about keeping momentum now. As I was so certain under Mackay, I am equally certain that Warnock will hit the jackpot for us.
    Love the enthusiasm!

Are we safe from relegation yet ? ? ?

thats the important question