+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Bennett makes a point on Sane recovery

Re: Bennett makes a point on Sane recovery

Quote Originally Posted by Penarth Blues View Post
    I think there was something wrong with the tackle. He mistimed it unfortunately when he was looking to make sure Sane didn’t get past him. Which bit of that is wrong?
    That used to be called a professional foul in the 80s and 90s.

Quote Originally Posted by Badly Ironed Shirt View Post
    What does that have to do with Bennett's foul on Sane?
    Every bloody thing.

Media and their manager whinging about our tackles when some of their players are quite capable of dishing out the same.

Quote Originally Posted by Auntie Andy View Post
    Every bloody thing.

Media and their manager whinging about our tackles when some of their players are quite capable of dishing out the same.
    I think you'll find that pep was moaning about the numerous bad fouls on his player not just Bennet's

Quote Originally Posted by jamieccfc View Post
    How anyone can try and defend Bennett is beyond me to top it all off he put another reckless tackle in
    Cone on mate were all saying it's a bad tackle. It's the press were all getting at...and idiots on social media.

Every bloody thing.

It has absolutely nothing to do with it, it's just an easy excuse to make Bennett's challenge more forgivable.

It has absolutely nothing to do with it, it's just an easy excuse to make Bennett's challenge more forgivable.
    No it's not.

Quote Originally Posted by dembethewarrior View Post
    Cone on mate were all saying it's a bad tackle. It's the press were all getting at...and idiots on social media.
    Not everyone dembe, I've already said I don't have a problem with people moaning about the press but even pep was moaning about the numerous bad fouls on his players so far this season not just Bennet

Not everyone dembe, I've already said I don't have a problem with people moaning about the press but even pep was moaning about the numerous bad fouls on his players so far this season not just Bennet
    Fair point, I just don't see the harm in him liking that post really. Has had some right old abuse.

And what should De Bruyne do about the terrible tackle on our very own Jazz Richards , who incidentally is still injured and likely to be for some time
    What he shudnt do is what bennett has done..... and as far as we know he hasnt so whats your point

Quote Originally Posted by dembethewarrior View Post
    Pointing the finger?

The reaction he got on social media and in the press was like he had taken his leg off. They all jumped on the bandwagon.

Good for Joe for liking that post after an 8 day miracle recovery.

I know the tackles were silly, and if we do then no doubt Joe does too.. but let's not treat him like some criminal who hasn't got the right to have a little dig back, after what has been said about him.

Support our players fella.
    We arent treating him like anything just asking if he shud just keep his head down and learn a lesson

Quote Originally Posted by chepstow View Post
    We arent treating him like anything just asking if he shud just keep his head down and learn a lesson
    And in my opinion, good on him for liking a funny tweet after a miracle recovery.
    If he hadn't been portrayed as a reincarnation of a Leeds or Chelsea player from the 70s I doubt he would have taken any notice of the tweet.. as it goes has taken some right flak because the Twitter mob who moan about the price of butter one week and sexist trollies the next all jumped on the band wagon... good for him

Quote Originally Posted by Penarth Blues View Post
    Look at Hoilett’s ankle at 10:36 from last night. Shows an ankle can go a long way without injury yet look awful:

Cardiff City breaking news RECAP: Bluebirds prepare for Middlesbrough test after Bolton win

http://www.walesonline.co.uk/sport/f...re_Click_Other

It’s a shame Pep chose to get his hair off about this tackle as the recovery speed detracts from a debate about what we come to see as fans. The polarised opinions on this board alone raises questions about where the line should be drawn between favouring the skills of an attacker vs the art of the defender.
    Photos and slow mo can make things look a lot worse.

Shame so many are clueless about the actual act of playing football and what your body goes through that they have to make a drama out of it.

Pep was using the situation to try to get favours out of refs.
    Exaggerated the damage and the press did their usual knee jerk over reaction.

Bennett dived in to trip him over, it was obvious for all who were there in real time.
    Caught him low on the shin as he was pushing off and he twisted his ankle

Really really did not warrant the fuss it created.

The first booking for the Leeds lad the week after was worse.

Quote Originally Posted by Lawnmower View Post

Shame so many are clueless about the actual act of playing football and what your body goes through that they have to make a drama out of it.

Bennett dived in to trip him over, it was obvious for all who were there in real time.

Ndong not only went for the ball down here but he got it, his boot then went over the ball and into Hoilett's shin. Hoilett was ok to continue but Ndong was sent off & suspended for three games. He also lost his appeal a couple of days later.

Having initially seen Bennett's tackle as a mistimed slide tackle, you now accept that Bennett was making no attempt to go for the ball and that he also caught him on the shin. You still don't see it as a problem though because legs and ankles are very strong (you may want to check with Seamus Coleman and James McCarthy about this) and Bennett was only trying to trip Sane up so it's ok.

You're also using the fact that Sane was only out for 16 days as proof that it wasn't that bad a challenge, whatever that's got to do with it. The 'out for seven weeks' stuff only came out a day or two later. It may have added to the controversy but it didn't cause it, the challenge and the ref's reaction to it did that. Even before they knew whether Sane was coming out for the second half, MOTD analysed the incident at half time and Lineker, Shearer, Lescott and Gabbidon all said it was a straight red. They must be clueless about the actual act of playing football too.

you normally talk sense Tim but you've lost the plot on this one

Totally agree, but you should post your thoughts on a Cardiff City message board, not the MCSWSC board..

you normally talk sense Tim but you've lost the plot on this one
    Not at all Jamie.

Im happy with my position on this..

Sense to some is rubbish to others

Quote Originally Posted by Loramski View Post
    Ndong not only went for the ball down here but he got it, his boot then went over the ball and into Hoilett's shin. Hoilett was ok to continue but Ndong was sent off & suspended for three games. He also lost his appeal a couple of days later.

Having initially seen Bennett's tackle as a mistimed slide tackle, you now accept that Bennett was making no attempt to go for the ball and that he also caught him on the shin. You still don't see it as a problem though because legs and ankles are very strong (you may want to check with Seamus Coleman and James McCarthy about this) and Bennett was only trying to trip Sane up so it's ok.

You're also using the fact that Sane was only out for 16 days as proof that it wasn't that bad a challenge, whatever that's got to do with it. The 'out for seven weeks' stuff only came out a day or two later. It may have added to the controversy but it didn't cause it, the challenge and the ref's reaction to it did that. Even before they knew whether Sane was coming out for the second half, MOTD analysed the incident at half time and Lineker, Shearer, Lescott and Gabbidon all said it was a straight red. They must be clueless about the actual act of playing football too.
    Where have I mentioned a Ndong ?

Also I have previously said that it could have been a red card, although at the time I thought a booking was fair and nobody I spoke to at the game said anything about a ref for it.

What I dispute is that Bennett tried to seriously injure the lad.

I also thought Pep was bullshitting about the severity and was proven correct .

I really couldn't give a shit about Linekar, Shearer , Lescott they are thick as shit. They must be if they don't realise that your foot comes off the ground when you slide tackle- as it does when you kick the ball.

Shearer and Lescott are hypocrites - both far far dirtier and horrible than any player in our squad, never mind the normally placid Bennett

Linekar never made a tackle in his life so he can bugger off as well. He wouldn't have a clue.

Also I have previously said that it could have been a red card, although at the time I thought a booking was fair and nobody I spoke to at the game said anything about a ref for it.

I really couldn't give a shit about Linekar, Shearer , Lescott they are thick as shit. They must be if they don't realise that your foot comes off the ground when you slide tackle- as it does when you kick the ball.

Shearer and Lescott are hypocrites - both far far dirtier and horrible than any player in our squad, never mind the normally placid Bennett

Linekar never made a tackle in his life so he can bugger off as well. He wouldn't have a clue.
    Shearer with his touchline hatchet job is right one to talk about it.

Quote Originally Posted by Loramski View Post

Well said!

The funny thing is, had the challenge been on a Cardiff player Lawnmower would be throwing a hissy fit 5 times the size of Pep Guardiola's.

Too many on here who think they know everything, when, in reality, they know diddly.

Quote Originally Posted by Nick View Post
    Too many on here who think they know everything, when, in reality, they know diddly.
    Thanks Nick.

Thanks Nick.
    Not a problem Jirga.

Quote Originally Posted by Nick View Post
    Not a problem Jirga.
    you're sharp dude!

you're sharp dude!