+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Bennett makes a point on Sane recovery

Re: Bennett makes a point on Sane recovery

Quote Originally Posted by Lawnmower View Post
    How the f'ck do you know.
    I've played hundreds of parks gam s from 15-32 in leagues in South Wales and the Midlands.
    Also played something like 2000 games of 5s, mostly before the 'no sliding' rule was brought in to my disgust. Still play now.
    I received dozens of bookings for taking opponents out and also won loads of ball sliding in - hundreds of times, hence why one lad called me 'Lawnmower ' - thus my user name.

Only ever sent off for saving a shot with my hand, never for fouls.

So yes, I can talk about this through experience.

As for being 'good' or not, I guess that depends who you compare me with.
    It doesn't really matter.

My opinion is formed from being an experienced hard tackling defender and City fan.

Yours just comes from being someone who hangs out on the board of a football club and fans who you hate.

Like watching a load of your ex mates shag your ex girlfriend who you left because she died her hair ginger and now she's back to being blonde you can't stop yourself from stalking her ����
    And yet you discount the experience of seasoned internationals, some of whom have played for the best clubs in Europe. I've played the game too.

As for your assumption about why I stop going to Cardiff games - it is wholly inaccurate. I stopped because Tan turned fan against fan. But, let's get back to the topic (instead of trying to deflect from it).

So, because you have experience as a "tough tackling" defender - everybody else's opinion is invalid? Or, is it just the opinions that you don't agree with that are invalid? And you talk as a "City fan" - that makes you biased.

I see you've also assumed that I haven't played the game. What's that based on - ignorance or stupidity?

Quote Originally Posted by J R Hartley View Post
    Are we really comparing paths football from 20-30 years ago with the top level of today’s game?

Jesus Christ
    "Lawnmower" (apparently he got that nickname from being unable to stay on his feet) is the Parks equivalent of Miguel Nadal and, unless you have turned out for a Parks team, your opinion is invalid. That is, of course, unless you agree with the blinkered fool.

How the f'ck do you know.
    I've played hundreds of parks gam s from 15-32 in leagues in South Wales and the Midlands.
    Also played something like 2000 games of 5s, mostly before the 'no sliding' rule was brought in to my disgust. Still play now.
    I received dozens of bookings for taking opponents out and also won loads of ball sliding in - hundreds of times, hence why one lad called me 'Lawnmower ' - thus my user name.

Only ever sent off for saving a shot with my hand, never for fouls.

So yes, I can talk about this through experience.

As for being 'good' or not, I guess that depends who you compare me with.
    It doesn't really matter.

My opinion is formed from being an experienced hard tackling defender and City fan.

Yours just comes from being someone who hangs out on the board of a football club and fans who you hate.

Like watching a load of your ex mates shag your ex girlfriend who you left because she died her hair ginger and now she's back to being blonde you can't stop yourself from stalking her 😂😂
    Hard but fair. 🤣🤣🤣

For his own sanity BIS should move on.

His gloating after our defeat to the wurzels minutes after the final whistle was a low.

Your 4 ex footballers were commenting on the TV pictures.
    I don't know or care what they said.
    If any of them had a clue they would be managers now, between them they've had a fair few opportunities.

I'd be a hypocrite if I was to take the lines that many have and sttaced Bennett.

I've done similar to him hundreds of times and never been sent off for it. Sometimes I won the ball sometimes I didn't, I don't remember ever seriously hurting a player, it's mostly ended up with the player tripping over my leg and getting up again.
    As is normally the case when it's happens in games I watch. Sometimes the tackler gets the worse of it ( remember Gazza)

Mendez Laing survived worse at home to Leeds and Madine away at Leeds.

You seem obsessed by the issue of sending off. I wouldn't have complained if he had, as I have pointed out before, but the problem is people are trying to make out he went in to injure Sane and I don't agree. These days there doesn't seem to be much clarity on what is or isn't- it's just the refs opinion on the day.

As for Ndong then I didn't think that was a sending off at the time, but there is a nasty and dangerous trick some players make of intentionally hitting the top of the ball and following through.

It's a very cynical trick and something most honest players would never do and is intended to injure rather than to stop an opponent ( which was the case with Bennett)

If that was the case then it was far more dangerous and nasty than Bennett's tackle.

As for your 4 footballers 'at the game'. I've no idea if they were or what they said because I was there , not watching on TV, but I've already said what I think of their views.

I'd be a hypocrite if I said otherwise as I've probably done hundreds of tackles like Bennett's, never got sent of and by memory never seriously hurt anyone.

Lucky me
    Sorry, I lost the will to live for a couple of days. I'm finding it really hard to keep you on topic here. I mention the Bennett challenge and you reply with an essay about everything else. I mention the challenge again and you reply with an essay about everything else. I mention it again and you say I'm obsessed with it. Bizarre.

I can only assume that you still haven't watched the incident back. I saw you make a fool of yourself on here the night after the game when you told TLG that it wasn't a high challenge because Bennett caught Sane on the ankle. TLG was surprised that you were trying to debate an incident that you obviously hadn't seen properly, I guessed you'd watch it back so you didn't get shown up again but I can't see any evidence of that. You still talk about it, teary-eyed, as though it was a good old-fashioned slide tackle but it was nothing of the sort. Not any kind of a trip either. It was more like a low level kung fu kick. Here it is, not that you'll watch it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=loJ46TGOe7k

I know you like to defend the club and its players on here, and that's fine, but it's not necessary on this occasion. Warnock has already (belatedly) condemned the 'tackle' and I'm sure everyone at the club, Joe included, realises it should've been a red card. It's not an attack or an accusation to say it, more a statement of fact.

Take another example, Grujic played two terrible passes yesterday. That's not an attack on him (he had an excellent game), just a fact. I don't need you to provide a character assessment of him to prove he didn't mean them, I don't need you to explain what he was trying to do, I don't need a list of other bad passes you've seen to show that they weren't the worst passes of the season, I don't need you to tell me about the passes you used to play in the parks. They were bad passes just as Bennett's was a bad challenge. That's it.

I had a good view of it at the time, I saw it as a red but can understand why others didn't, it happened so fast. There's excellent footage and everyone, even Warnock, came to accept that it was a bad one. Except you, one of the best posters on here. I'm not obsessed with it, just amazed by your detachment from reality on the subject. It must be one of the weirdest things I've come across on here and that's a very crowded field.

Loramski.
    I'm not meaning to be rude, but I'm not going to read all that. Long posts don't go well on my phone.

I've made my point and it's really no biggie if you don't agree.

I respect your opinion ( although not all that have disagreed with me) and want now to just enjoy the exciting few weeks we have to come.

👍

As for you Jirga.
    If I want to debate with someone who hared my club I've got a knowledgeable Jack mate to do that with? So you can make 3-4 replies to my every post and it won't either make me respect your opinion or care about it.

Loramski.
    I'm not meaning to be rude, but I'm not going to read all that. Long posts don't go well on my phone.

I respect your opinion ( although not all that have disagreed with me) and want now to just enjoy the exciting few weeks we have to come.

👍
    Sure, no problem. Let's move on.

Quote Originally Posted by Loramski View Post
    Sure, no problem. Let's move on.
    I'll be at Ipswich if you want to debate it over a pint 👍

Won't be hard to find amongst the 200 or so.
    Also...
    I'll be the one shouting 'kill' every time Ipswich have the ball.
    😂

As for you Jirga.
    If I want to debate with someone who hared my club I've got a knowledgeable Jack mate to do that with? So you can make 3-4 replies to my every post and it won't either make me respect your opinion or care about it.
    Still avoiding the debate I see.

Quote Originally Posted by Hilts View Post
    Hard but fair. ������

For his own sanity BIS should move on.

His gloating after our defeat to the wurzels minutes after the final whistle was a low.
    Not particularly hard, let's be fair. What has my reaction to Tan's redbirds losing to Bristol City got to do with this thread?

Loramski.

��
    Except you don't respect his opinion. You've never respected an opinion that differs from yours, and you often delve into ridiculousness to make your point.

Loramski's post was hardly "long". What a cop out - like some of your challenges on a football pitch it seems.

Quote Originally Posted by Badly Ironed Shirt View Post
    Not particularly hard, let's be fair. What has my reaction to Tan's redbirds losing to Bristol City got to do with this thread?
    I've got to be honest I'm not sure you are Jirga. Your failure to ever leave anything rest reminds me of Roath

Still avoiding the debate I see.
    You don't have anything to add.
    I'm happy with my opinion, but respect that others don't agree ( although gave no respect for your opinion) and don't see the point in going around in circles.

You can't change that, no matter how many hollow gutless anonymous posts you make

As for your assumption about why I stop going to Cardiff games - it is wholly inaccurate. I stopped because Tan turned fan against fan.
    Just as well you're around to build bridges again then innit.

You don't have anything to add.
    I'm happy with my opinion, but respect that others don't agree ( although gave no respect for your opinion) and don't see the point in going around in circles.

You can't change that, no matter how many hollow gutless anonymous posts you make
    Hollow and gutless - that's a bit rich coming from someone who has taken the "debate" to other forums to pour further unqualified speculation on me.

Run along you soppy old tart.

Quote Originally Posted by Baloo View Post
    Just as well you're around to build bridges again then innit.
    What, by saying that Bennett's tackle was a bad one? I'm not the one who has turned this into petty personal insults. I'm also not the one who has turned this into another of those rebrand threads. I am likely to be the one to take the blame though!

It's flattering that you think I am both responsible and capable of building and knocking bridges down but I'm more amused that this thread is less about Bwnnett's awful challenge on Sane (which some Cardiff fans find amusing, but would be up in arms had it been reversed), and more to with slagging off my non attendance at Cardiff games - with some of the slagging off taking place on a forum run by people who have rarely attended games!

What, by saying that Bennett's tackle was a bad one? I'm not the one who has turned this into petty personal insults. I'm also not the one who has turned this into another of those rebrand threads. I am likely to be the one to take the blame though!

It's flattering that you think I am both responsible and capable of building and knocking bridges down but I'm more amused that this thread is less about Bwnnett's awful challenge on Sane (which some Cardiff fans find amusing, but would be up in arms had it been reversed), and more to with slagging off my non attendance at Cardiff games - with some of the slagging off taking place on a forum run by people who have rarely attended games!
    I'm not referring to this thread. I agree having seen the pictures he should have received a red.

Just an observation that having left 'because Tan turned fan against fan', other than the usual message board bickering, you seem to have been more involved than most with ongoing ructions with other fans. Just seems a little ironic given the reason you stated for no longer going. Most seem to have decided to move on and thereby repair previous frictions - either from City sadly, or from the ridiculous rebrand.

I'm not planning to debate the issue with you, it's just an impression.

I'm not referring to this thread. I agree having seen the pictures he should have received a red.

Just an observation that having left 'because Tan turned fan against fan', other than the usual message board bickering, you seem to have been more involved than most with ongoing ructions with other fans. Just seems a little ironic given the reason you stated for no longer going. Most seem to have decided to move on and thereby repair previous frictions - either from City sadly, or from the ridiculous rebrand.

I'm not planning to debate the issue with you, it's just an impression.
    Um, you may need to take a look at Colonel Carediffi's board - apart from calling the lawnmower a tart earlier today, I don't really get involved in the name calling that is the predominant feature of the back-slappers board. I talk about football, I talk about Tan's cock-ups, I talk about my wish for Tan to sod off or, preferably, issue a full blown apology for the way he set fan v fan (again, I'll point you to Colonel Carediffi's board for an indication of how these things can manifest).

I make an observation, people usually ignore it, some debate it with civility, others turn it into a personal attack on me - to which I have a right to respond.

People, rightly, got upset when I posted I was happy to see Tan's team fail - I don't post such things anymore and instead of being selective about the sorts of things I supposedly post, perhaps take a look through my posting history with objectivity instead of subjectivity.

This is still, predominantly, a football message board. I still take an active interest in football and, in the near future, I will be attending games at CCS again because Tan won't stick around for much longer.

Um, you may need to take a look at Colonel Carediffi's board - apart from calling the lawnmower a tart earlier today, I don't really get involved in the name calling that is the predominant feature of the back-slappers board. I talk about football, I talk about Tan's cock-ups, I talk about my wish for Tan to sod off or, preferably, issue a full blown apology for the way he set fan v fan (again, I'll point you to Colonel Carediffi's board for an indication of how these things can manifest).

I make an observation, people usually ignore it, some debate it with civility, others turn it into a personal attack on me - to which I have a right to respond.

People, rightly, got upset when I posted I was happy to see Tan's team fail - I don't post such things anymore and instead of being selective about the sorts of things I supposedly post, perhaps take a look through my posting history with objectivity instead of subjectivity.

This is still, predominantly, a football message board. I still take an active interest in football and, in the near future, I will be attending games at CCS again because Tan won't stick around for much longer.
    Give it a rest mun you're like a broken record

Quote Originally Posted by jamieccfc View Post
    Give it a rest mun you're like a broken record
    I was replying to Baloo, and I was being civil. You don't have to read what I post, and the ignore user function is there for exactly this reason. You're also happily keeping the discussion alive by replying... make of that what you will.

I was replying to Baloo, and I was being civil. You don't have to read what I post, and the ignore user function is there for exactly this reason. You're also happily keeping the discussion alive by replying... make of that what you will.
    The ignore button is about as much use as a chocolate teapot!

Quote Originally Posted by jamieccfc View Post
    The ignore button is about as much use as a chocolate teapot!
    It's working wonders for me on Dembe - and I'm just adding you to my list. Bye!

Righteo, great update by the way

Righteo, great update by the way
    ?

But it's the same thing all the time I'm sure you've got better things to do