+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Bennett makes a point on Sane recovery

Re: Bennett makes a point on Sane recovery

Quote Originally Posted by Lawnmower View Post
    Not at all Jamie.

Im happy with my position on this..

Sense to some is rubbish to others
    Makes sense to me. Football is a sport where people foul cynically, sometimes it is that or let people score unchallenged (which is what pep seems to want). It can go wrong, it has in the past and will in the future but a game without tackling would be fecking shite.

Quote Originally Posted by Eric Cartman View Post
    Makes sense to me. Football is a sport where people foul cynically, sometimes it is that or let people score unchallenged (which is what pep seems to want). It can go wrong, it has in the past and will in the future but a game without tackling would be fecking shite.
    Who is saying that tackling should be outlawed?

Quote Originally Posted by Badly Ironed Shirt View Post
    Who is saying that tackling should be outlawed?
    It is the inference, protect the artists etc. The intention was to disrupt attacking flow, ironically something Man City under Pep are masters of - you have to be when you push forward as a team. Sin-bin for all cynical fouls (yellow does nothing) would stop it I think. Red for Bennett because he made such a mess of it.

Quote Originally Posted by Eric Cartman View Post
    It is the inference, protect the artists etc. The intention was to disrupt attacking flow, ironically something Man City under Pep are masters of - you have to be when you push forward as a team. Sin-bin for all cynical fouls (yellow does nothing) would stop it I think. Red for Bennett because he made such a mess of it.
    Excellent post. Sin-bin for 10 minutes plus a free kick in any position the attacking side wanted outside the penalty area.

Where have I mentioned a Ndong ?

Also I have previously said that it could have been a red card, although at the time I thought a booking was fair and nobody I spoke to at the game said anything about a ref for it.

What I dispute is that Bennett tried to seriously injure the lad.

I also thought Pep was bullshitting about the severity and was proven correct .

I really couldn't give a shit about Linekar, Shearer , Lescott they are thick as shit. They must be if they don't realise that your foot comes off the ground when you slide tackle- as it does when you kick the ball.

Shearer and Lescott are hypocrites - both far far dirtier and horrible than any player in our squad, never mind the normally placid Bennett

Linekar never made a tackle in his life so he can bugger off as well. He wouldn't have a clue.
    Cripes.

I brought Ndong up to show where we are, rules wise, these days. Ndong got the ball but was still sent off because he went into Hoilett's shin after. If that's a red card then surely Bennett launching himself into Sane's shin when the ball had long gone has to be one too?

I haven't seen anyone say Bennett tried to seriously injure Sane but if you make a dangerous challenge then there's obviously a good chance you'll injure someone, that's why they are red card offences.

You said Sane wouldn't be out for long, you were right. It doesn't make the challenge any better though.

You've rubbished non-footballers' opinions, you've said no one in the ground (apart from Guardiola presumably) thought it was a red and you've inferred that people's opinions were influenced by Man City exaggerating Sane's injury. I found you four ex-footballers who were in the ground and didn't even know Sane was injured. They all thought it was a straight red. If you want me to find some footballers who agree with your views on all this then you may have to wait some time.

Quote Originally Posted by Penarth Blues View Post
    Excellent post. Sin-bin for 10 minutes plus a free kick in any position the attacking side wanted outside the penalty area.
    Eh

*here's the ball pick your spot lads..

Quote Originally Posted by dembethewarrior View Post
    Eh

*here's the ball pick your spot lads..
    Yep . If you've blocked someone off to prevent them having a chance on goal then I think the attacking side should have the next best thing to a penalty i.e. put the ball anywhere you want outside the area like a normal free kick. This allows the attempt on goal without it being as likely to score as a penalty.

I think it's a brilliant idea

Well said!

The funny thing is, had the challenge been on a Cardiff player Lawnmower would be throwing a hissy fit 5 times the size of Pep Guardiola's.
    Bollox

You are an arse hole who never has a good word to say about City.

You only ever stick your nose in to be negative

Find one example of where I have been as bad as Pep has over this

Praise the Lord, our prayers were answered.

What a load of shit. Massive overreaction all so Sane could have a few days with his feet up.

Quote Originally Posted by Loramski View Post
    Cripes.

I brought Ndong up to show where we are, rules wise, these days. Ndong got the ball but was still sent off because he went into Hoilett's shin after. If that's a red card then surely Bennett launching himself into Sane's shin when the ball had long gone has to be one too?

I haven't seen anyone say Bennett tried to seriously injure Sane but if you make a dangerous challenge then there's obviously a good chance you'll injure someone, that's why they are red card offences.

You said Sane wouldn't be out for long, you were right. It doesn't make the challenge any better though.

You've rubbished non-footballers' opinions, you've said no one in the ground (apart from Guardiola presumably) thought it was a red and you've inferred that people's opinions were influenced by Man City exaggerating Sane's injury. I found you four ex-footballers who were in the ground and didn't even know Sane was injured. They all thought it was a straight red. If you want me to find some footballers who agree with your views on all this then you may have to wait some time.
    Your 4 ex footballers were commenting on the TV pictures.
    I don't know or care what they said.
    If any of them had a clue they would be managers now, between them they've had a fair few opportunities.

I'd be a hypocrite if I was to take the lines that many have and sttaced Bennett.

I've done similar to him hundreds of times and never been sent off for it. Sometimes I won the ball sometimes I didn't, I don't remember ever seriously hurting a player, it's mostly ended up with the player tripping over my leg and getting up again.
    As is normally the case when it's happens in games I watch. Sometimes the tackler gets the worse of it ( remember Gazza)

Mendez Laing survived worse at home to Leeds and Madine away at Leeds.

You seem obsessed by the issue of sending off. I wouldn't have complained if he had, as I have pointed out before, but the problem is people are trying to make out he went in to injure Sane and I don't agree. These days there doesn't seem to be much clarity on what is or isn't- it's just the refs opinion on the day.

As for Ndong then I didn't think that was a sending off at the time, but there is a nasty and dangerous trick some players make of intentionally hitting the top of the ball and following through.

It's a very cynical trick and something most honest players would never do and is intended to injure rather than to stop an opponent ( which was the case with Bennett)

If that was the case then it was far more dangerous and nasty than Bennett's tackle.

As for your 4 footballers 'at the game'. I've no idea if they were or what they said because I was there , not watching on TV, but I've already said what I think of their views.

I'd be a hypocrite if I said otherwise as I've probably done hundreds of tackles like Bennett's, never got sent of and by memory never seriously hurt anyone.

Lucky me

If any of them had a clue they would be managers now, between them they've had a fair few opportunities.

I'd be a hypocrite if I was to take the lines that many have and sttaced Bennett.

I've done similar to him hundreds of times and never been sent off for it. Sometimes I won the ball sometimes I didn't, I don't remember ever seriously hurting a player, it's mostly ended up with the player tripping over my leg and getting up again.
    As is normally the case when it's happens in games I watch. Sometimes the tackler gets the worse of it ( remember Gazza)

You seem obsessed by the issue of sending off. I wouldn't have complained if he had, as I have pointed out before, but the problem is people are trying to make out he went in to injure Sane and I don't agree. These days there doesn't seem to be much clarity on what is or isn't- it's just the refs opinion on the day.

As for Ndong then I didn't think that was a sending off at the time, but there is a nasty and dangerous trick some players make of intentionally hitting the top of the ball and following through.

It's a very cynical trick and something most honest players would never do and is intended to injure rather than to stop an opponent ( which was the case with Bennett)

If that was the case then it was far more dangerous and nasty than Bennett's tackle.

As for your 4 footballers 'at the game'. I've no idea if they were or what they said because I was there , not watching on TV, but I've already said what I think of their views.

I'd be a hypocrite if I said otherwise as I've probably done hundreds of tackles like Bennett's, never got sent of and by memory never seriously hurt anyone.

Lucky me
    You aren't very good at tackling then Tim?

Quote Originally Posted by jamieccfc View Post
    First rule of defending-Stay on your feet-And if you're going to foul, also stay on your feet!

Bollox

You are an arse hole who never has a good word to say about City.

You only ever stick your nose in to be negative

Find one example of where I have been as bad as Pep has over this
    You are an apologist for an awful challenge. You even claimed it was not high, and that it wasn't so bad because Sane is back playing. Take a look at yourself and then come back with something a bit more civil as a response.

Lucky me
    You're exaggerating if you claim you've made that same cynical tackle hundreds of times. If you did, then you would also be indicating that those sorts of challenges happen practically every football game that's played. You always get a bit fanciful when defending something that is not defensible.

Quote Originally Posted by jamieccfc View Post
    If what he said is true, he's not very good at football but, apparently, he knows more than professional players who are not managers.

You are an apologist for an awful challenge. You even claimed it was not high, and that it wasn't so bad because Sane is back playing. Take a look at yourself and then come back with something a bit more civil as a response.
    And you are not aCardiff City supporter. You are anything but, you are always so negative about our club.

It’s you who needs to take a look at yourself.

Quote Originally Posted by Baloo View Post
    Bennett may have been liking the subbed on for Man City bit, rather than making a point.
    You're right. People can be too quick to see a negative.

Quote Originally Posted by Nick View Post
    And you are not aCardiff City supporter. You are anything but, you are always so negative about our club.

Nodded along to all of that.

I need a lie down.

Quote Originally Posted by Nick View Post

How does any of that invalidate what I said? I'm here to talk football, you are here to cause arguments. Take more water with it.

How does any of that invalidate what I said? I'm here to talk football, you are here to cause arguments. Take more water with it.
    No, you are in here to slag off anything to do with City.

You are exactly what you used to hate.

Feckin weird

Quote Originally Posted by Tuerto View Post
    First rule of defending-Stay on your feet-And if you're going to foul, also stay on your feet!
    You can't stay on your feet if the striker is quicker than you. 😉

You're exaggerating if you claim you've made that same cynical tackle hundreds of times. If you did, then you would also be indicating that those sorts of challenges happen practically every football game that's played. You always get a bit fanciful when defending something that is not defensible.
    How the f'ck do you know.
    I've played hundreds of parks gam s from 15-32 in leagues in South Wales and the Midlands.
    Also played something like 2000 games of 5s, mostly before the 'no sliding' rule was brought in to my disgust. Still play now.
    I received dozens of bookings for taking opponents out and also won loads of ball sliding in - hundreds of times, hence why one lad called me 'Lawnmower ' - thus my user name.

Only ever sent off for saving a shot with my hand, never for fouls.

So yes, I can talk about this through experience.

As for being 'good' or not, I guess that depends who you compare me with.
    It doesn't really matter.

My opinion is formed from being an experienced hard tackling defender and City fan.

Yours just comes from being someone who hangs out on the board of a football club and fans who you hate.

Like watching a load of your ex mates shag your ex girlfriend who you left because she died her hair ginger and now she's back to being blonde you can't stop yourself from stalking her 😂😂

How the f'ck do you know.
    I've played hundreds of parks gam s from 15-32 in leagues in South Wales and the Midlands.
    Also played something like 2000 games of 5s, mostly before the 'no sliding' rule was brought in to my disgust. Still play now.
    I received dozens of bookings for taking opponents out and also won loads of ball sliding in - hundreds of times, hence why one lad called me 'Lawnmower ' - thus my user name.

Only ever sent off for saving a shot with my hand, never for fouls.

So yes, I can talk about this through experience.

As for being 'good' or not, I guess that depends who you compare me with.
    It doesn't really matter.

My opinion is formed from being an experienced hard tackling defender and City fan.

Yours just comes from being someone who hangs out on the board of a football club and fans who you hate.

Like watching a load of your ex mates shag your ex girlfriend who you left because she died her hair ginger and now she's back to being blonde you can't stop yourself from stalking her ����

Are we really comparing paths football from 20-30 years ago with the top level of today’s game?

Jesus Christ

No, you are in here to slag off anything to do with City.

You are exactly what you used to hate.

Feckin weird
    What do you think I used to "hate"? How do you think you know me so well - do you think Cardiff fans are bees and all behave one way. And why has this turned into a personal insult - are you scared to debate the topic because you are floundering?