+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: Bennett makes a point on Sane recovery

Bennett makes a point on Sane recovery

Re: Bennett makes a point on Sane recovery

Glad he has.

I know it was a silly tackle to make and miss timed etc.. but he didn't half take some shit for it.

Quote Originally Posted by dembethewarrior View Post

Glad he has.

I know it was a silly tackle to make and miss timed etc.. but he didn't half take some shit for it.
    As long as he understands he made two horrendous challenges in that man city game either of which were red cards. a little contrition might be due rather than pointing the finger at sane?

Rather than scoring points, the guy should be down on his knees giving genuine thanks that he didn't maim an extremely talented footballer - depriving him of his income and future contributions to football. Just my take.....

Are all tall midgets vindictive bell whiffs or just one ?

Quote Originally Posted by Tall Midget View Post
    Rather than scoring points, the guy should be down on his knees giving genuine thanks that he didn't maim an extremely talented footballer - depriving him of his income and future contributions to football. Just my take.....
    And what should De Bruyne do about the terrible tackle on our very own Jazz Richards , who incidentally is still injured and likely to be for some time

Quote Originally Posted by Tall Midget View Post
    well said

Bennett may have been liking the subbed on for Man City bit, rather than making a point.

Quote Originally Posted by chepstow View Post
    As long as he understands he made two horrendous challenges in that man city game either of which were red cards. a little contrition might be due rather than pointing the finger at sane?
    Pointing the finger?

The reaction he got on social media and in the press was like he had taken his leg off. They all jumped on the bandwagon.

Good for Joe for liking that post after an 8 day miracle recovery.

I know the tackles were silly, and if we do then no doubt Joe does too.. but let's not treat him like some criminal who hasn't got the right to have a little dig back, after what has been said about him.

Support our players fella.

Look at Hoilett’s ankle at 10:36 from last night. Shows an ankle can go a long way without injury yet look awful:

Cardiff City breaking news RECAP: Bluebirds prepare for Middlesbrough test after Bolton win

http://www.walesonline.co.uk/sport/f...re_Click_Other

It’s a shame Pep chose to get his hair off about this tackle as the recovery speed detracts from a debate about what we come to see as fans. The polarised opinions on this board alone raises questions about where the line should be drawn between favouring the skills of an attacker vs the art of the defender.

Quote Originally Posted by Auntie Andy View Post
    And what should De Bruyne do about the terrible tackle on our very own Jazz Richards , who incidentally is still injured and likely to be for some time
    Jazz who I hear footy fans shout 🙈🙉🙊

How anyone can try and defend Bennett is beyond me to top it all off he put another reckless tackle in

Quote Originally Posted by jamieccfc View Post
    How anyone can try and defend Bennett is beyond me to top it all off he put another reckless tackle in
    I dont think they are its the reaction afterwards from press ! Thier manager who failed to notice other indiscretions from his own players and all along the injury wasnt as serious as let play out in the press , something thier sofisticated medical teams would have known.

I’m defending him as, regardless of what happened, I don’t believe either tackle was malicious. The second tackle took place right in front of me and basically Diaz was too quick for him again.

What I’m struggling to understand is fans of his own club still wittering on about it. I wonder what their agenda is sometimes. They were both yellow cards and he got what he deserved. I’ve seen literally hundreds of fouls worse than his in live football that have gone unpunished. Are you suggesting that the club you play for should get you special treatment from the ref?

Quote Originally Posted by Penarth Blues View Post
    I’m defending him as, regardless of what happened, I don’t believe either tackle was malicious. The second tackle took place right in front of me and basically Diaz was too quick for him again.

What I’m struggling to understand is fans of his own club still wittering on about it. I wonder what their agenda is sometimes. They were both yellow cards and he got what he deserved. I’ve seen literally hundreds of fouls worse than his in live football that have gone unpunished. Are you suggesting that the club you play for should get you special treatment from the ref?
    You think his first tackle was a justified yellow

Quote Originally Posted by life on mars View Post
    I dont think they are its the reaction afterwards from press ! Thier manager who failed to notice other indiscretions from his own players and all along the injury wasnt as serious as let play out in the press , something thier sofisticated medical teams would have known.
    I don't have a problem with that but there are a few on here (see penarth blue post) who don't think there was anything wrong with the tackle

I don't have a problem with that but there are a few on here (see penarth blue post) who don't think there was anything wrong with the tackle
    I think there was something wrong with the tackle. He mistimed it unfortunately when he was looking to make sure Sane didn’t get past him. Which bit of that is wrong?

I think there was something wrong with the tackle. He mistimed it unfortunately when he was looking to make sure Sane didn’t get past him. Which bit of that is wrong?
    Nothing is wrong you got misstimed, then followed by a foolish tackle , hey at least he was trying .

Makes me laugh we make folk heroes out of past nutters that have played for us and committed far worse .

Let's move on.

You said it was a yellow card. If that tackle was made on one of our players I'd be going mental. imo it was filth and he didn't need to have his foot that high of the ground

Nothing is wrong you got misstimed, then followed by a foolish tackle , hey at least he was trying .

Makes me laugh we make folk heroes out of past nutters that have played for us and committed far worse .

Let's move on.
    His foot was well over the top of the ball

Let's move on.
    Indeed. I’m not looking to change anyone’s mind. Just putting the opposite view.

He too should put his hands up for that challenge.

Bad tackles are bad tackles regardless of who makes 'em and the club for which they play.

Quote Originally Posted by chepstow View Post
    You would think so, but apparently Sane is the bastard in all this and Bennett was framed by the evil media.

What does that have to do with Bennett's foul on Sane?

Look at Hoilett’s ankle at 10:36 from last night. Shows an ankle can go a long way without injury yet look awful:

Cardiff City breaking news RECAP: Bluebirds prepare for Middlesbrough test after Bolton win

http://www.walesonline.co.uk/sport/f...re_Click_Other

It’s a shame Pep chose to get his hair off about this tackle as the recovery speed detracts from a debate about what we come to see as fans. The polarised opinions on this board alone raises questions about where the line should be drawn between favouring the skills of an attacker vs the art of the defender.
    Are you indicating that everyone's ankle can stand to the same trauma? At the time, Pep Guardiola thought he was going to be without Sane for a number of weeks with big European matches coming up. I'm sure Warnock would have reacted in the same way had the foul been on a Zohore running through on goal.