+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Comes to something

Re: Comes to something

Quote Originally Posted by xsnaggle View Post
    I'm just dying for sludge to explain the mechanism involved in shooting somebody slowly. It sounds fascinating.
    May be it's the way they pull the trigger, or they might do the action of drawing the gun in slow motion?

Quote Originally Posted by RichardM View Post
    May be Maccyblue can ask about it at his next meeting with health professionals
    I will do - any excuse to speak to some lovely nurses!!

First Team light up the darkness's Avatar

How accurate is the assertion that 80% of statistics are made up

You wake up in the morning your child is sick, you ring your GP they have an appointment in 2 weeks time, they do not do walk in appointments, you go to the pharmacy and they suggest that they cannot give you something without a doctors appointment.

This is a very real situation for many, if you go to A&E you will see someone eventually, you will get that help.

Its a waste its something i have never done, but i can understand why t happens.

Quote Originally Posted by NYCBlue View Post
    8% of the UK population is foreign born. I don't know what percentage of those cannot speak English, but if they were able to make a up a majority of wasteful A&E visits it would require genius planning and execution.
    Your facts and considered arguments aren't welcome here.

Also:
    https://fullfact.org/health/health-tourism-whats-cost/

Quote Originally Posted by qccfc View Post
    You wake up in the morning your child is sick, you ring your GP they have an appointment in 2 weeks time, they do not do walk in appointments, you go to the pharmacy and they suggest that they cannot give you something without a doctors appointment.

This is a very real situation for many, if you go to A&E you will see someone eventually, you will get that help.

Its a waste its something i have never done, but i can understand why t happens.
    You either A) Need to get up to the GP and stand in the queue before it opens to get an emergency apointment or B) If its a child involved then take them to prime care.

Cant speak on behalf of any other hospital, but in Prince Charles Hospital in Merthyr the prime care weve received for our children when theyve been poorly has been excellent.

Virtually all GP surgeries will fit children in, treating it as "emergency" appointment. If yours doesn't, then might be worth looking to change GP.

Was at A&E with my mum, who had suffered a heart incident. One parent had taken their child there due to having a splinter. Another patient was complaining their knee was sore but managed to run outside for a ciggy.

Wife once had a medical emergency. the ambulance guys were fantastic. She was left screaming in pain as the male triage nure was busying looking at a girls sprained ankle instead. Ambulance guys sorted everything out, got nurses involved. As we were moved, triage guy said he'd sorted out everything for us. Ambulance guys response was "stfu before I punch you, this is yet another **** up you've made"...

I love ambulance guys.

I can draw on an experience I had a while back in my dentist.
    A lady of what looked to be N African descent walked in demanding to see a dentist. It became clear that she could not comprehend what the receptionist was saying to to her, that you cannot just walk in unannounced and that you needed tob e registered and an appointment made.
    The conversation went on a bit and the receptionist was getting pretty irate, as were others in the waiting area.

I got to thinking that perhaps it isn't as obvious as some might think. After all, isn't it all free over here?
    Perhaps she was second generation and not educated in such matters. Perhaps this is the way her parents have always went on.

Of course, the lady could have been just "trying it on".

There are always people who believe they are THE single most important person.
    My guess is that the sign posted by the OP has been produced just so staff can point to it before moving on to the proper emergencies.
    (I can't read it very well but it give a number for translation?)

We are a very tolerant society, my guess is that the lady in question eventually got seen by somebody.

Dont now why the OP is so surprised. You see these guideline posters all around the place.

Weve even got a health and safety poster in the toilets in work giving a step by step guide on how to wash and moisturise your hands.

Quote Originally Posted by J R Hartley View Post
    You either A) Need to get up to the GP and stand in the queue before it opens to get an emergency apointment or B) If its a child involved then take them to prime care.

Cant speak on behalf of any other hospital, but in Prince Charles Hospital in Merthyr the prime care weve received for our children when theyve been poorly has been excellent.
    This is almost impossible to have a discussion about because GP services are so different from area to area (note they are somewhat private entities and therefore rigorous public oversight is removed) but it would work in a similar fashion where I live. You go, you wait, it can definitely be improved but the idea that you must go to A+E to get help is fantasy where I live.

Quote Originally Posted by Eric Cartman View Post
    This is almost impossible to have a discussion about because GP services are so different from area to area (note they are somewhat private entities and therefore rigorous public oversight is removed) but it would work in a similar fashion where I live. You go, you wait, it can definitely be improved but the idea that you must go to A+E to get help is fantasy where I live.
    You definitely shouldn't go to A+E, that was not the point of my post.

The problem is that in areas access to GPs are poor and people are confused by some of the structures in place (i have no idea where my local prime care service is).

It is of no surprise then that people end up at A+E where they are certain that they will see a doctor.

Quote Originally Posted by J R Hartley View Post
    Dont now why the OP is so surprised. You see these guideline posters all around the place.

Weve even got a health and safety poster in the toilets in work giving a step by step guide on how to wash and moisturise your hands.
    Why do hospital staff insist on using a hand gel that only kills 99.999% of germs when Toilet Duck kills 100%. This cavalier attitude to public safety is just not on.

Teams?

Quote Originally Posted by Eric Cartman View Post
    You can't walk in mine.

You can however join everybody else at 8.30am and call and call trying to get through to get an emergency appointment.

Quote Originally Posted by Maccy Blue View Post
    It is funny you should ask that.....in my job I have to attend meetings with healthcare professionals and there was a senior nurse from A&E in Manchester recently who gave us examples of stupid dicks wasting the time of the staff there. The worst example was a woman who brought their child to A&E that had a wart on it's finger. It had sported this wart for a few weeks but one day decided it was really hurting so went to A&E. Apparently my suggestion of shooting the parent for being such a cock wasn't in their rule book!! This is 100% true by the way.
    They should have cut his finger off and shoved it up mummies nose