+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: OT Lynette White.

Re: OT Lynette White.

Think I read that Lynette whites family have suffered further tragedies since her death too, not to mention 2 of the original Cardiff five have passed away.

Quote Originally Posted by goats View Post
    Think I read that Lynette whites family have suffered further tragedies since her death too, not to mention 2 of the original Cardiff five have passed away.
    I remember her father, he used to drink in the George on the corner of Crwys road back in the eighties.

Used to do maintenance work for the company that managed the flats in James St where the murder took place. About 18 years ago we were told to remove the front door and hall skirtings for the Police forensic Dept. When they arrived the items were triple wrapped, they mentioned they were looking for DNA. Amazing considering it was about 14 years after the awful event.

I had a friend in school who was Homosexual , Anyway at the time Lynette was murdered there was n`t many places in Cardiff that catered for gay people but I think it was the Big Windsor down the docks he told me they all went in there and did n`t get much bother from the homophobes . On the night of her murder he told me they witness Jeffrey Gafoor coming into the Big Windsor pub covered in blood he said he had knocked a dog over in his car and could he get cleaned up. They went to the police with their evidence but the Police told them they already had their men.

Quote Originally Posted by insider View Post
    I had a friend in school who was Homosexual , Anyway at the time Lynette was murdered there was n`t many places in Cardiff that catered for gay people but I think it was the Big Windsor down the docks he told me they all went in there and did n`t get much bother from the homophobes . On the night of her murder he told me they witness Jeffrey Gafoor coming into the Big Windsor pub covered in blood he said he had knocked a dog over in his car and could he get cleaned up. They went to the police with their evidence but the Police told them they already had their men.
    Certainly a case of a few bad apples spoiling the rest

What decent coppers must think of that lot I don't know

Quote Originally Posted by SLUDGE FACTORY View Post
    Certainly a case of a few bad apples spoiling the rest

What decent coppers must think of that lot I don't know
    The Lynette White case wasn't the only miscarriage of justice at the hands of the SWP. That's sobering.

Quote Originally Posted by insider View Post
    I watched the crime watch reconstruction the other night. She was killed at approx. 1:45 am. Some guy- Gafoor- was seen outside very early the next morning, agitated, crying and bleeding.

Only realised by watching those old clips where the flat actually is... the amount of times I went in the Ladbrokes, or the bank next door without realising how notorious the flat above was

Quote Originally Posted by Badly Ironed Shirt View Post
    The Lynette White case wasn't the only miscarriage of justice at the hands of the SWP. That's sobering.
    Indeed, this event and the way the police used to treat us as City fans (and just as kids growing up in the Docks and Ely) has led to a lifelong resentment of the police!

I now live a comfortable middle class existence, but feel so angry when I see a copper.

Quote Originally Posted by Temujin View Post
    Indeed, this event and the way the police used to treat us as City fans (and just as kids growing up in the Docks and Ely) has led to a lifelong resentment of the police!

I now live a comfortable middle class existence, but feel so angry when I see a copper.
    Have you tried counselling?

I think you’ll find today’s Copper a lot different to what you believe you went through as a kid.

As for City fans do you not think at times
    City fans were not the authors of their own misfortune?

Think there may have been a few injustices handed out to football fans over the years. The Chelsea f a cup game springs to mind. Didn’t about 25 go to jail? One for throwing a traffic cone?

Think there may have been a few injustices handed out to football fans over the years. The Chelsea f a cup game springs to mind. Didn’t about 25 go to jail? One for throwing a traffic cone?
    Not so sure it was quite an injustice. You had around 100 plus men brawlingvwith each other in a busy city street in the middle of the day in full view of members of the public (including children ) aggravated by the fact that the only reason for this violence was that the two factions supported different football clubs.

As for throwing a cone, in it’s own it may seem harsh but when you factor in the above it’s fully in context of what they were convicted of.

Section one of the Public order act classes a riot as more then 12 people acting in unlawful violence. This incident as you can see fits that although they were charged with violent disorder.

There are indeed miscarriages of justice but this wasn’t one of them.
    I’ve met a few of eh lads involved and individually they’re sound guys but if you’re going to get involved then you have to face up to your actions.
    https://youtu.be/_l9TZd-i17g

Quote Originally Posted by CardiffIrish2 View Post
    Not so sure it was quite an injustice. You had around 100 plus men brawlingvwith each other in a busy city street in the middle of the day in full view of members of the public (including children ) aggravated by the fact that the only reason for this violence was that the two factions supported different football clubs.

As for throwing a cone, in it’s own it may seem harsh but when you factor in the above it’s fully in context of what they were convicted of.

Section one of the Public order act classes a riot as more then 12 people acting in unlawful violence. This incident as you can see fits that although they were charged with violent disorder.

There are indeed miscarriages of justice but this wasn’t one of them.
    I’ve met a few of eh lads involved and individually they’re sound guys but if you’re going to get involved then you have to face up to your actions.
    https://youtu.be/_l9TZd-i17g
    I guess it’s relative, years ago you could get away with that street brawling. Seen far far worse on rugby days in town but hey ho they appear to get away with it although after recent statements by South Wales police they are not going to tolerate normal people, as they call them, acting like animals, as they said they were. Let’s hope so, I know plenty who wouldn’t dream of going into the city centre on match day.

I guess it’s relative, years ago you could get away with that street brawling. Seen far far worse on rugby days in town but hey ho they appear to get away with it although after recent statements by South Wales police they are not going to tolerate normal people, as they call them, acting like animals, as they said they were. Let’s hope so, I know plenty who wouldn’t dream of going into the city centre on match day.
    Now I know town is a pain in the arse on international days and I’ve seen some sporadic outbursts of fighting but you can’t equate that with what happened in 2010. I’d people were scrapping on international day they’d be punished too.

A lot of the people involved in the above were prominent previously in football related violence, both sets were looking for it and the footage above is a mere snapshot of what occurred as the incident went on for some considerable time.

I'm more never more convinced somebody in the Met let it happen so they could rid themselves of some of the Chelsea risk boys. There’s no way that would have happened for example if that game was in cardiff. SWP would have been all over that in seconds and I’d go s far to say there would have been far better Policing to prevent it in the first place.

It was almost like the last hoorah, a football related violence of the wild bunch

Quote Originally Posted by CardiffIrish2 View Post
    Now I know town is a pain in the arse on international days and I’ve seen some sporadic outbursts of fighting but you can’t equate that with what happened in 2010. I’d people were scrapping on international day they’d be punished too.

A lot of the people involved in the above were prominent previously in football related violence, both sets were looking for it and the footage above is a mere snapshot of what occurred as the incident went on for some considerable time.

I'm more never more convinced somebody in the Met let it happen so they could rid themselves of some of the Chelsea risk boys. There’s no way that would have happened for example if that game was in cardiff. SWP would have been all over that in seconds and I’d go s far to say there would have been far better Policing to prevent it in the first place.

It was almost like the last hoorah, a football related violence of the wild bunch
    It was def a set up to send all those old Chelsea heads where the met wanted them. More fool them for falling for the trap set up.
    With regards to rugby in Cardiff, very different but:

https://www.walesonline.co.uk/news/w...iddle-10891543

At last they begin to even acknowledge the high jinx......30 years later

she was in the same year as me in school and in the same in class in welsh for what i can remember for 2 years up till form 4

what a miscarriage of justice this episode turned out to be in the end

I used to live next door to Lynettes uncle , Glyn Jones in Splott . Terry , the old man , was about quite a bit , he was a decent enough bloke . I did used to wonder how it affected him , his daughter brutally murdered , the whole world knew she was a prostitute, if he had been a scary person it wouldn’t have mattered, he wasn’t .
    His lad used to drink up in the potters in Rumney , he was a couple of years younger than me but he was friendly with a family I was close too at/the time,once again a quiet decent enough wee guy but liked his ale . I am sure he commuted suicide .Bloody tragic.
    John Actie lived next door to a tool hire company in Bute st called Beechwood tool hire where I worked when I first arrived of the boat .
    He was a ****ing knob that used to growl at the staff so we all knew how hard he was when he swaggered by . From where I had come from hard men didn’t growl at people going about there everyday business .
    Policing was different back then , they would look at you as a naughty/ bad person and you were fair game for a fit up . This one was of epic proportions .

Quote Originally Posted by Jimmy the Jock View Post
    I used to live next door to Lynettes uncle , Glyn Jones in Splott . Terry , the old man , was about quite a bit , he was a decent enough bloke . I did used to wonder how it affected him , his daughter brutally murdered , the whole world knew she was a prostitute, if he had been a scary person it wouldn’t have mattered, he wasn’t .
    His lad used to drink up in the potters in Rumney , he was a couple of years younger than me but he was friendly with a family I was close too at/the time,once again a quiet decent enough wee guy but liked his ale . I am sure he commuted suicide .Bloody tragic.
    John Actie lived next door to a tool hire company in Bute st called Beechwood tool hire where I worked when I first arrived of the boat .
    He was a ****ing knob that used to growl at the staff so we all knew how hard he was when he swaggered by
    . From where I had come from hard men didn’t growl at people going about there everyday business .
    Policing was different back then , they would look at you as a naughty/ bad person and you were fair game for a fit up . This one was of epic proportions .

Seems like a fair description of him.

On the top of Rumney Hill, there are shops between The Cross Inn and where the Carpenter's Arms used to be, there is a narrow slip road in front of those shops that takes you off of Newport Road.
    Anyway, one day I happened to be in the coffee/cake shop there. John Actie had parked his car outside, bang in the middle of the slip road, so nothing could pass. He came sauntering in, took his time about what he wanted and in the meantime there was a long queue of cars wanting to get pass, this prompted some to sound their horns.
    He casually strolled out, stood by his car and instead of making any kind of apology he just stood there looking back for what must have been a full 30 seconds, just waiting for anyone to dare say something, before slowly getting in his car.

Quote Originally Posted by Rock_Flock_of_Five View Post
    Seems like a fair description of him.

On the top of Rumney Hill, there are shops between The Cross Inn and where the Carpenter's Arms used to be, there is a narrow slip road in front of those shops that takes you off of Newport Road.
    Anyway, one day I happened to be in the coffee/cake shop there. John Actie had parked his car outside, bang in the middle of the slip road, so nothing could pass. He came sauntering in, took his time about what he wanted and in the meantime there was a long queue of cars wanting to get pass, this prompted some to sound their horns.
    He casually strolled out, stood by his car and instead of making any kind of apology he just stood there looking back for what must have been a full 30 seconds, just waiting for anyone to dare say something, before slowly getting in his car.
    Both John and Ron are dead now ain't they ?

Both John and Ron are dead now ain't they ?
    Are they? I'm really not sure. I know that Ronald Actie's brother Draman had died but I honestly hadn't heard anything about John and Ronald.

Quote Originally Posted by Rock_Flock_of_Five View Post
    Are they? I'm really not sure. I know that Ronald Actie's brother Draman had died but I honestly hadn't heard anything about John and Ronald.
    Ronnie actie died in 2007 , yusef abdullahi too

This lot may have had history with the police but that didn't make them killers

What a total stitch up

And what has happened to the coppers who the appeal judge said put pressure on the witnesses ?

A collapsed trial and missing files

What a complete stitch up

Ronnie actie died in 2007 , yusef abdullahi too

This lot may have had history with the police but that didn't make them killers

What a total stitch up

And what has happened to the coppers who the appeal judge said put pressure on the witnesses ?

A collapsed trial and missing files

What a complete stitch up
    I always rememeber when the cameras were outside the court of appeal and they were acquitted - they came out of that court so angry and pumped up, no smiles, just a sense of outrage. You could just tell right then that they WERE indeed innocent, just by their body language.

Don’t think John Actie is dead, sure I saw him a few weeks ago....

Quote Originally Posted by MOZZER2 View Post
    she was in the same year as me in school and in the same in class in welsh for what i can remember for 2 years up till form 4

what a miscarriage of justice this episode turned out to be in the end
    Llanrumney family weren’t they?

Don’t think John Actie is dead, sure I saw him a few weeks ago....
    He’s not, I know his nephew