Quote Originally Posted by CardiffIrish2 View Post
Not so sure it was quite an injustice. You had around 100 plus men brawlingvwith each other in a busy city street in the middle of the day in full view of members of the public (including children ) aggravated by the fact that the only reason for this violence was that the two factions supported different football clubs.

As for throwing a cone, in it’s own it may seem harsh but when you factor in the above it’s fully in context of what they were convicted of.

Section one of the Public order act classes a riot as more then 12 people acting in unlawful violence. This incident as you can see fits that although they were charged with violent disorder.

There are indeed miscarriages of justice but this wasn’t one of them.
I’ve met a few of eh lads involved and individually they’re sound guys but if you’re going to get involved then you have to face up to your actions.
https://youtu.be/_l9TZd-i17g
I guess it’s relative, years ago you could get away with that street brawling. Seen far far worse on rugby days in town but hey ho they appear to get away with it although after recent statements by South Wales police they are not going to tolerate normal people, as they call them, acting like animals, as they said they were. Let’s hope so, I know plenty who wouldn’t dream of going into the city centre on match day.