Quote Originally Posted by goats View Post
I guess it’s relative, years ago you could get away with that street brawling. Seen far far worse on rugby days in town but hey ho they appear to get away with it although after recent statements by South Wales police they are not going to tolerate normal people, as they call them, acting like animals, as they said they were. Let’s hope so, I know plenty who wouldn’t dream of going into the city centre on match day.
Now I know town is a pain in the arse on international days and I’ve seen some sporadic outbursts of fighting but you can’t equate that with what happened in 2010. I’d people were scrapping on international day they’d be punished too.

A lot of the people involved in the above were prominent previously in football related violence, both sets were looking for it and the footage above is a mere snapshot of what occurred as the incident went on for some considerable time.

I'm more never more convinced somebody in the Met let it happen so they could rid themselves of some of the Chelsea risk boys. There’s no way that would have happened for example if that game was in cardiff. SWP would have been all over that in seconds and I’d go s far to say there would have been far better Policing to prevent it in the first place.

It was almost like the last hoorah, a football related violence of the wild bunch