+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: OT Lynette White.

OT Lynette White.

I was aware vaguely of the incident. But not being from Cardiff and being young at the time I had no idea of the details and corruption involved. Shocking.

http://www.bbc.com/news/world-43050214

Re: OT Lynette White.

Quote Originally Posted by Fine Lines View Post
    I was aware vaguely of the incident. But not being from Cardiff and being young at the time I had no idea of the details and corruption involved. Shocking.

http://www.bbc.com/news/world-43050214
    Spent a lot of time down the docks around this time.... The community was torn apart by this injustice.

After watching the Making A Murderer series on Netflix nothing surprises anymore with police corruption

Quote Originally Posted by J R Hartley View Post
    After watching the Making A Murderer series on Netflix nothing surprises anymore with police corruption
    Will take a look at that. Heard it’s good.

It’s brilliant. Few years old now but like you I heard it was good from quite a few people so finally gave it a go few weeks ago and watched the lot within a few days.

Most coppers are decent , the ones involved in fitting up those five were a disgrace to south Wales police

Quote Originally Posted by J R Hartley View Post
    It’s brilliant. Few years old now but like you I heard it was good from quite a few people so finally gave it a go few weeks ago and watched the lot within a few days.
    Thanks fella. My watch list is getting bigger by the day. Going to have to give up work at this rate.

I wonder if there’s a decent documentary on the Lynette white case.

Quote Originally Posted by Superdad View Post
    Spent a lot of time down the docks around this time.... The community was torn apart by this injustice.
    The book by john Williams , bloody valentine is a good read

Thanks fella. My watch list is getting bigger by the day. Going to have to give up work at this rate.

There was a panorama or rough justice type thing on a few years back and channel four did free ,free , the Cardiff three

It’s fascinating. It shows the Police in a shocking light and one of the lawyers.

Loads of good stuff on Netflix.

Paradise lost , now THAT is a worrying watch

Quote Originally Posted by SLUDGE FACTORY View Post
    There was a panorama or rough justice type thing on a few years back and channel four did free ,free , the Cardiff three
    Thanks. Just found this.

https://youtu.be/kio7JbHTv0c

The year before Lynette White's murder three Cardiff men were wrongly convicted for the murder of newsagent Phillip Saunders.
    Michael O'Brien, Darren Hall and Ellis Sherwood spent eleven years inside.

Quote Originally Posted by ian gibson View Post
    The year before Lynette White's murder three Cardiff men were wrongly convicted for the murder of newsagent Phillip Saunders.
    It took them 12 years to get the guy who murdered Geraldine Palk. That was around the same time wasn't it.

O Briens father died in prison and one of the other two is now an alcoholic

In many ways the worst part is that none of the coppers involved were ever brought to justice.

Quote Originally Posted by joecity View Post
    It took them 12 years to get the guy who murdered Geraldine Palk. That was around the same time wasn't it.
    The bloke who murdered Geraldine Palk attacked a bloke with a knife outside the canton cross some years before, an old mate of mine was in the pub when the victims mrs came running in the pub screaming for help, my mate disarmed and battered the nutter.

Thanks. Just found this.

https://youtu.be/kio7JbHTv0c
    That's the one , Tom mangold

It's creepy how close the police sketch of the wanted man resembles the eventual murderer

Quote Originally Posted by jeremy corbyn View Post
    In many ways the worst part is that none of the coppers involved were ever brought to justice.
    I think they tried but didn't succeed

At the end of the day the jury must have been thick as shit to believe the nonsense the prosecution put up

The bloke who murdered Geraldine Palk attacked a bloke with a knife outside the canton cross some years before, an old mate of mine was in the pub when the victims mrs came running in the pub screaming for help, my mate disarmed and battered the nutter.
    Good.

Quote Originally Posted by Superdad View Post
    I guess that was what the police wanted, split the community up and move them out for the Cardiff Bay development etc? The docks was a wild place back then.
    Hard to believe they would go to such extremes to frame 5 locals, whilst happy to let some crazy who almost cut a girls head off walk the streets instead.
    Like someone said, I reckon the South Wales plod learned a big lesson from that as there are loads of really good ones out there these days.

SWP definitely learnt a lot from that incident. There’s no way a case these would have that sort of dreadful investigation.

The Major Crime Team are very very good at their jobs. The above investigation was a relic of the Life On Mars days.

Plus the Professional Standards Department these days will have no hesitation in investigating and ensuring Coppers who have done wrong are prosecuted.

Quote Originally Posted by CardiffIrish2 View Post
    SWP definitely learnt a lot from that incident. There’s no way a case these would have that sort of dreadful investigation.

The Major Crime Team are very very good at their jobs. The above investigation was a relic of the Life On Mars days.

Plus the Professional Standards Department these days will have no hesitation in investigating and ensuring Coppers who have done wrong are prosecuted.
    Yeah it reminded me of the film “in the name of the father” interesting to see that Gary Conlon vistas Cardiff to lend his support.