+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Which three players are key to our success during the remainder of the season.

Which three players are key to our success during the remainder of the season.

For me it’s Morrison, Ralls and Hoilett.

I,ve never been the greatest fan of Ralls and in terms of player ratings I’d say he averages 7 but even at that level his contribution is vital.

I’d rate Morrison and Hoilett as 8’s

Of course on their day other players can be more important ....but week in / week out.

Re: Which three players are key to our success during the remainder of the season.

Morrison, Hoilett, Zohore

If Ken hits the form of this time last season then we have a real chance

Re: Which three players are key to our success during the remainder of the season.

Quote Originally Posted by thehumblegringo View Post

Fingers crossed. Last night was better but he's not been close to what he's capable of this season. If he had I reckon we'd be above Wolves.

Morrison, Ralls and one of Hoilett/Zohore.

3 out of that 4 anyway.

When you say last season, I presume you mean after Warnock gave him a bollocking?

Zohore was poor, found a good vein of form. This season, worked hard at times, other times looked disinterested - last night thought he played well. Maybe that improvement was down to bringing Madine in and starting him.

It doesn't for me bode well if you have to keep pushing Zohore all the time.

I'd say Morrison, Ralls and Hoilett. If each of those are on form, the team plays well.

Indeed we would, but we have ground out results for much of the season without him and right now I am not depending on him coming good.

Far too many times the ball is played in behind Zohore when he's near the penalty area. When he's nearer the centre of the pitch he seems to receive the ball at his feet more where he's strong and quick and can turn a player and make a great run.
    If only he received the ball at his feet more on the edge of the box he'd get more opportunities to get a decent shot in.
    As for 3 players- I'd say Morrison Hoilett and Etheridge.

Manga, Grujic, Zohore

I think Grujic is a good shout. If he plays at the level Liverpool are expecting him to, we could be brushing teams aside. Last night was a good start for me, thought he controlled the midfield. Hopefully he keeps it going.

Then you'd have to go with Morrison and Hoilett. But I'd love Ken to start banging them in.

Pre-amble: did I see Warnock playing a 3-5-2 formation on Tuesday? I think so - with a slightly withdrawn second striker. If so, and he continues with this set-up, then that changes my pick of players. Also, we are moving into milder weather conditions and I've felt that our great early season form was partly down to warm weather suiting certain players.

So my picks are Ralls, Madine and Mendez-Laing.

I just don't see Warnock spending all that dosh on Madine if he is only thinking of using him as a bit-part player. Ralls is my man-of-the-season to date and I think/hope ML will come good and rediscover the form that made him part of the league's top XI in the late summer of 2017.

Hoilett has been excellent, but maybe lacks a little stamina for a long season and may tail off.

Nail on head for me. We need Zohore to get back on it. We won't be good enough to get up without him. The other two are irreplaceable even if I feel a bit harsh on Ralls. If we can get Gunnar back, that will be a massive boost for the run in.

Wildscuitt,Grudic and Madine.All the others mentioned are already a known factor but if these 3 step up we will get up via the autos if not prob the playoffs.

Quote Originally Posted by Rhiwbina Blues View Post
    Manga, Grujic, Zohore
    I agree with that.

All three have the potential to provide Premier League standard star dust, to add to the graft and some guile provided by Hoilett, Ralls, Paterson, Morrison, Bamba and Etheridge.

Manga can be fantastic when he is concentrating and can get us playing quickly and positively out of defence without resorting to long hopeful balls - if he is on his game.

Grujic has started to show signs that he can be the player Klop thinks he will be - a tough, cultured, midfield general. It is still just potential at this point but he seems to have the ability if not the experience. Liverpool fans say he is an attacking midfielder but we have used him more in a holding role in the few games he has played so far. Either way he is getting better and I have high hopes.

Zohore could destroy this league if he gets back to the form he showed in the second half of last season. He is getting there.

I honestly dont think we are doing a lot wrong to be honest, we are a point from 2nd at the end of the day.

Quote Originally Posted by BLUEAWAY View Post

I,ve never been the greatest fan of Ralls and in terms of player ratings I’d say he averages 7 but even at that level his contribution is vital.

Of course on their day other players can be more important ....but week in / week out.
    I agree with that, except Ralls always delivers at least an 8/10 minimum. He is the unsung hero of the team.

Morrison, Hoilett and Mendez Lang, I’ve given up on Zohore seems to be carrying an extra stone at least and sometimes looks like he’s not interested, though he showed a slight improvement in the Bolton game, he seemed to let their skinny defenders bully him and was looking for a free kick all the time instead of out muscling them.

Madine and Zohore. Strikers need to score. Goals win games. Points mean Prizes.

Quote Originally Posted by BLUEAWAY View Post

yep and me

If Ralls had a long term injury wed have big problems.

We saw the impact the loss of Morrison had on the team.

Hoillet probably our best player.

So those 3. Zahore coming back to his best would be massive though.

This. But I do think Warnock will keep sticking with madine

Quote Originally Posted by Bobby Dandruff View Post
    I agree with that, except Ralls always delivers at least an 8/10 minimum. He is the unsung hero of the team.
    Does he really though? I like Ralls but think he's slightly overrated by some, he doesn't control midfield enough for me

Ralls is never 8/10 every game

Don't get me wrong I'm a big fan. Works really hard, but he tends to just boot it upfield more often than not these days. He's solid but he's not even our best midfielder, that's Gunnarson.

Are you heading west down the M4 this Saturday BA?

Quote Originally Posted by Chris Pontprennau Blues View Post
    Are you heading west down the M4 this Saturday BA?
    Obviously.

Quote Originally Posted by BlueArmy 86 View Post
    Ralls is never 8/10 every game

Don't get me wrong I'm a big fan. Works really hard, but he tends to just boot it upfield more often than not these days. He's solid but he's not even our best midfielder, that's Gunnarson.
    The booting upfield is a tactic given by the manager. Either that or all our players are instinctively doing it.