Quote Originally Posted by Mambo View Post
Those of us of a certain age have definitely seen it all before, tax and spend, boom and bust, inflation, recession. The problems are always there - they are the issues you have to face when trying to run a country and economy arent they ?.

Anyone else remember the 70's, semi permanent strikes, 3 day weeks, massive wage increases for public sector workers, not being very productive "sick man of Europe" etc triggers inflation etc etc rinse and repeat. That situation had to be fixed, you cant fix that though without some tough choices.

I remember the 80's,90's and then we reset when Blair came back in - spent too much again - same story.

The miners strike was a mistake, but seeing as Scargill would never have a vote on it!! he was not without blame.

Corbyn and Co - at that time - were very much in mould of Che Guevara uber protesting, secondary picketing on behalf of Polish apple pickers etc. So it's without much surprise to hear that a former Czech spy - paid them 10k to speak to them in the hope of gaining information or getting them to adopt a certain policy etc.

Whether Corbyn knew he was a spy etc - will never be established, the problem was that he (Corbyn) was getting paid by them - so potentially he was theirs. The same problem applies somewhat to a lesser extent to Livingstone - who yesterday admitted meeting a KGB spy, who was an under cover reporter.

Case to answer - yes, were they duped into it - probably, are they spies - no I dont think so, maybe a little susceptible to influence perhaps. The real issue being - were they really paid 10k ? - I would thought this was against Parliamentary rules - and what were they paid for ? - I dont think has been addressed.
The sick man of Europe .....spoken like one of Maggie's arse lickers

Thatcher was a disaster for this country , she ruined what was left of post war society and created a me me me culture which pervades to this day

I wish corbyn the very best in taking on may , this current lot are worse , if that's possible , than Thatcher