+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Team against Boro

Team against Boro

To be honest I havent a clue. Warnock threw a couple of surprises Tuesday and with another midweek to come and nearly everyone back from injury I expect him to throw a couple more.
    FWIW Here are the players I am pretty sure will feature:
    Etheridge
    Morrison
    Ralls
    Hoilett
    Manga

The rest of the team is a toss up but I guess:
    Pelts
    Bennett
    Bamba
    Paterson
    Madine if fit
    Gujic

Bet I get loads wrong.

Re: Team against Boro

Gujic is in every game so far without any consideration on what he brings...must be quite costly for us not to play him. Would love to see THAT loan contract

surely Patterson is going to be in too - a solid performer of late

would like to see Zohore rewarded for his efforts at Bolton. Also would like to see Damour featured...doesn't really do much wrong in my eyes (other than his occasional rash challenge)

The gujic thing is strange , perhaps Warnock is getting all his games out of the way early so he’s free to use someone else at the end of the season.

Quote Originally Posted by Blooburd View Post
    Gujic is in every game so far without any consideration on what he brings...must be quite costly for us not to play him. Would love to see THAT loan contract

would like to see Zohore rewarded for his efforts at Bolton. Also would like to see Damour featured...doesn't really do much wrong in my eyes (other than his occasional rash challenge)
    I said the same about Grujic on another thread the other day. With Ralls and Grujic being pretty much undroppable for different reasons, it doesn't offer much hope for the likes of Damour or Bryson. It might also be another reason why Tomlin was let go. I was excited when we signed Grujic but not sure he's done enough to warrant him playing every game. Looks like I'm in the minority based on the comments on here, but I didn't think he was that great against Bolton either.

Warnock said this morning that he rested Bamba on Tuesday so he would be OK for Boro. He also said he brought Peltier back maybe too soon and he was 'stiff as a board' yesterday. He also said Madine would probably not make it for tomorrow and it is too soon for Kadeem, Connolly and Bryson after their u23 run out. Jazz is out for another 2-3 weeks, as is Jamie Ward. Gunnar back by end of March earliest, Danny Ward out for the season and Fred Guonongbe has been abducted by aliens again!

If all that is true (and Peltier doesn't make it) my best guess is:

Etheridge
    Manga, Morrison, Bamba, Bennett
    Paterson Grujic Ralls
    NML, Zohore, Hoilett

Subs: Murphy, Traore, Damour, Pilkington, Wildschut, Halford, Healey

Quote Originally Posted by Gnojek View Post
    I said the same about Grujic on another thread the other day. With Ralls and Grujic being pretty much undroppable for different reasons, it doesn't offer much hope for the likes of Damour or Bryson. It might also be another reason why Tomlin was let go. I was excited when we signed Grujic but not sure he's done enough to warrant him playing every game. Looks like I'm in the minority based on the comments on here, but I didn't think he was that great against Bolton either.
    Thought he was tidy enough against wall and Bolton myself. I do get your point though, my mate reckons he's no different to Halford or Bamba in midfield... we all see it differently don't we.

I think because Ralls is box to box, Paterson is likely to pop up in defence or on the end of a cross at the far post..or chasing down someone into the corner flag.. I just think grujic has been asked to break up play and keep it simple, and he has been doing that ok last 2 games.

If we had Gunnar then maybe we would see more out of him with less defensive responsibility.

Quote Originally Posted by jon1959 View Post
    Warnock said this morning that he rested Bamba on Tuesday so he would be OK for Boro. He also said he brought Peltier back maybe too soon and he was 'stiff as a board' yesterday. He also said Madine would probably not make it for tomorrow and it is too soon for Kadeem, Connolly and Bryson after their u23 run out. Jazz is out for another 2-3 weeks, as is Jamie Ward. Gunnar back by end of March earliest, Danny Ward out for the season and Fred Guonongbe has been abducted by aliens again!

Etheridge
    Paterson Grujic Ralls
    NML, Zohore, Hoilett

I'd say Gunnar will probably be back by June at the earliest...

Etheridge
    Paterson Grujic Ralls
    NML, Zohore, Hoilett

I'm a big fan of Manga, but in the centre not at right back. Adama Traore could have a field day. I hope Peltier is fit enough, he makes a big difference when he's in the team.

Also wonder whether he'll start Wildschut, with NML on the bench. Personally, I'd give Pilks a start instead of the two of them.

Etheridge
    Paterson Grujic Ralls
    NML, Zohore, Hoilett

Same but Traore and Wildschut to start.

Quote Originally Posted by ninianclark View Post
    I think Gulic is there just to make a nuisance of himself - to 'let him them know you are there' type role.
    He is in need of Warnock bollocking though - just so he knows he has to fight to earn his place.

The rest of the team - Madine if available, otherwise 4 5 1 in defence and 4 - 3 - 3 in attack , with hoilett and mendez (if fit)
    You're probably quite right there.

Although I'd say NML could do with another "rest" out of the squad. Hopefully it does the trick for him as he's more than good enough for us on his day.

Traore will rip Manga apart if he's at full back whilst Peltier will put him in the stands. I really hope Peltier is fit however I think its pretty obvious Manga will start at full back instead of Peltier.

Warnock will try and play it tight - their strikers including Rudy 50p head can't hit a barn door at the moment Assambolonga's penalty last week was hilariously bad so its going to be tight. This has got 0-0 all over it or 1 nil - to who I have no idea but Pulis will not take any risks and hope the ball finds Traore whilst we'll be doing the same hoping the ball falls to Hoillett. Their defenders are pretty good and will be organised. I'd much rather Madine for this one but it also looks like he won't be playing

Somehow I think Neil will take a point.

Quote Originally Posted by Gnojek View Post
    I'm a big fan of Manga, but in the centre not at right back. Adama Traore could have a field day. I hope Peltier is fit enough, he makes a big difference when he's in the team.

Also wonder whether he'll start Wildschut, with NML on the bench. Personally, I'd give Pilks a start instead of the two of them.
    Doesn't Traore play on Bennett's side?

Quote Originally Posted by Baloo View Post
    Doesn't Traore play on Bennett's side?
    Doesn't mean they can't change flanks if they fancy at a crack at a certain full back. Hoilett and NML often swap sides.

IMO he tends to over hit or under hit a lot of passes and as you say a prone to a few rash challenges. Like NML his form has dipped from the early promise.
    Spedger

Yeah, all of those league defeats with him in the team, what's Warnock playing at? Oh, hang on.

I think this thread illustrates Warnocks tactics.If the fans aren't sure how their team will set up then how will the opposition manager?

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    Yeah, all of those league defeats with him in the team, what's Warnock playing at? Oh, hang on.
    I think a few have forgotten how poor he was around the Xmas period.

So bad that Warnock preferred Peltier in the middle to him at QPR where we were winning until Peltier had to go off.

However that may well just have been mental & physical tiredness from Damour.

I don't think he's a bad player, just probably not our best option in midfield at the moment

For me, a similar team to Tuesday after we switched to a back 4 following Ward's injury. Although I expect Madine to replace Zahore and Bamba to replace Manga.

Quote Originally Posted by ccfc_is_my_life View Post
    I'd say Gunnar will probably be back by June at the earliest...