Quote Originally Posted by Gnojek View Post
I said the same about Grujic on another thread the other day. With Ralls and Grujic being pretty much undroppable for different reasons, it doesn't offer much hope for the likes of Damour or Bryson. It might also be another reason why Tomlin was let go. I was excited when we signed Grujic but not sure he's done enough to warrant him playing every game. Looks like I'm in the minority based on the comments on here, but I didn't think he was that great against Bolton either.
Thought he was tidy enough against wall and Bolton myself. I do get your point though, my mate reckons he's no different to Halford or Bamba in midfield... we all see it differently don't we.

I think because Ralls is box to box, Paterson is likely to pop up in defence or on the end of a cross at the far post..or chasing down someone into the corner flag.. I just think grujic has been asked to break up play and keep it simple, and he has been doing that ok last 2 games.

If we had Gunnar then maybe we would see more out of him with less defensive responsibility.