+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Great win for Celtic

Re: Great win for Celtic

Quote Originally Posted by Louth View Post
    Must have known? Are you sure? Jock Stein booted him out. Kenny Campbell stated that it was after Jock Stein left. Campbell was abused terribly, his words 'he never knew.'

Using crimes to try and score points over a club is shocking. Just as whoever took him (Torbett) back on in 1980 is.

'Must have known is not a fact, Kenny Campbell's testimony is.
    He kicked him out but let him walk free. What a saint that man was then. He's just like Dario Gradi. Complicit. It's not point scoring, it's the bloody truth.

Quote Originally Posted by Pedro de la Rosa View Post
    He kicked him out but let him walk free. What a saint that man was then. He's just like Dario Gradi. Complicit. It's not point scoring, it's the bloody truth.
    Mentions "point scoring" yet actively tries to defend the club. Weird.

Quote Originally Posted by dembethewarrior View Post
    Mentions "point scoring" yet actively tries to defend the club. Weird.
    Funny how Jock Stein didn't know about it, and then kicked him out for it? Strange that...

I wouldn't explain your point, I got it.

Trying too hard to create a positive image.
    Ye I didnt think I needed to.

This louth character seem to be up to no good

Quote Originally Posted by Rjk View Post
    I dislike Celtic and Rangers.

Fwiw though I do think it is impressive that Celtic have managed to assemble such a good side while the general standard of their league is on a steep decline.

Good result, but not sure 1-0 is enough with the away leg to go, but then again Zenit don't look like the team they were a few years ago, don't recognise too many players on their team sheet.
    At last, someone who talks football.

I think Zenit will probably go through. Hopefully Celtic will get a few players back.

Quote Originally Posted by BuyingManCityTickets View Post
    Ye I didnt think I needed to.

This louth character seem to be up to no good
    You and others remind me of conspiracy theorists.
    Try and get some fresh air, it'll do you good and clear your head

You and others remind me of conspiracy theorists.
    Try and get some fresh air, it'll do you good and clear your head
    Ah, so now it didn't happen.

It's noncing you're trying to defend here. Try a bit of class, it's ok to lose face on the internet now and again.

Ah, so now it didn't happen.

It's noncing you're trying to defend here. Try a bit of class, it's ok to lose face on the internet now and again.
    Stop twisting things you prick. The poster said I was up to something.
    You read what you want to read. Read back on my comments regarding the abuse you little gobshite.

You read what you want to read. Read back on my comments regarding the abuse you little gobshite.
    Stop twisting things yourself. People at Celtic knew about child abuse and let it happen. That makes them sub human scum and I hope they rot in hell.

What you say, isn't my fault.

The self proclaimed board wind up merchant, and man who doesn't take the internet at all seriously, is ironically now really mad.

Couldn't make it up.

Calm yourself mun. Dish it out, take it back innit.

I quite like Celtic, hope they go through to the next round

Never knew how widespread abuse in football was/is, I'd be surprised if there's a club in the country who didn't cover something up at this point to be honest

Call them boyos Louth, that will sort them out. They'll be losing too heavily to come back with anything!

Quote Originally Posted by thehumblegringo View Post
    Call them boyos Louth, that will sort them out. They'll be losing too heavily to come back with anything!
    Think he's the only one who's allowed to wind someone up on the whole board.

Clearly not happy I've returned the favour here. Baby.

Quote Originally Posted by J R Hartley View Post
    Not just a Rangers line. Heres an extract from the book of Lou Macari, ex-Celtic manager.

Away from first-team and club matters, which were bad enough, another issue was beginning to raise its ugly head at the club. Within a month of my arrival one of the young players asked to see me in my office. 'Here we go,' I thought. 'That didn't take long. Here's a youngster in to complain about not being in the team. Straight away he's going to be into me to give him his chance.' He sat down and told me that he had had problems on a trip to North America with the youth team. One of the fellas in charge had made advances towards him.

As a manager you expect to have to sort out all sorts of problems. But this wasn't one I ever saw coming. I was staggered. To be frank, I didn't know how to respond for the best. Clearly the kid was distressed about what had happened, but I felt I couldn't just approach the accused and ask him to explain himself without proof. My hands were tied, in a way. I felt completely stuck and out of my depth. I spoke to my staff. They were shocked. My gut feeling was that the kid was speaking the truth, but there was no mechanism within the club or within my experience to deal with it. It was a police matter if anything. Any investigation had to start with them.
    And that's exactly what happened.

A couple of years later it all came out. Celtic Boys' Club founder Jim Torbett was convicted of sexual abuse of three players, including Alan Brazil.

Frank Cairney, the manager of the Boys' Club, was charged but not convicted. It emerged that years earlier Jock Stein knew all about Torbett and kicked him out of the club. The wish to maintain the good name of Celtic, if that were ever a good enough reason, was the only thing that kept the issue from coming to light at that point. There was a string of allegations by young lads whose dreams of playing for Celtic were exploited, but it was the testimony of Alan Brazil, David Gordon and James McGrory that brought the matter to court, and Torbett to justice. [from Football, My Life. by LOU MACARI]
    I already thought of Celtic as a vile club for other reasons and didn't know anything about this, what a disgusting piece of shit that club is

The offender who's always offended.

I'd better stop replying now, you're enjoying this.
    He is an attention seeking cock . Most people are ignoring his ridiculous posts thankfully .

We used to have another annoying wanker from Ireland ( or so he said he was ) I have a feeling this is him back again.

I remember his posts from when Wales played the republic, he made a twat of himself then aswell, so he does have a history of it. Still, 1 nil at home was a great win......

I was glad Celtic won. Early days but maybe with Celtic’s sucess and the emergence of a few talented Scottish youngsters maybe Scottish football is on the up.

Good for them.

Quote Originally Posted by Jimmy the Jock View Post
    He is an attention seeking cock . Most people are ignoring his ridiculous posts thankfully .

We used to have another annoying wanker from Ireland ( or so he said he was ) I have a feeling this is him back again.
    Further down the thread he gets his knickers right in a twist.

Happy to go on the wind up, can't take it it seems.