+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Great win for Celtic

Great win for Celtic

Team decimated by injuries. zenith top scores in the EL.
    Great to see

Re: Great win for Celtic

Could have done with another goal.

**** Ceptic

Quote Originally Posted by J R Hartley View Post
    **** Ceptic
    Code for, 'I dont care about Celtic, but I must reply at every given opportunity.'

Quote Originally Posted by Louth View Post
    Code for, 'I dont care about Celtic, but I must reply at every given opportunity.'
    Code for any opportunity to voice my distaste at that vile club I will do so.

Vile club? Proven that the club contribute to more to charity than any other in the UK. Directly fund an orphanage in Thailand. Well documented funding to education programmes
    Oh now I understand, they don't wave the union flag, they don't use the poppy as a political statement (check out Britain first) and are more international thinking than ya average fan. Ffs, try and come up with something more original than Celtic and vile.

Vile club? Proven that the club contribute to more to charity than any other in the UK. Directly fund an orphanage in Thailand. Well documented funding to education programmes
    Oh now I understand, they don't wave the union flag, they don't use the poppy as a political statement (check out Britain first) and are more international thinking than ya average fan. Ffs, try and come up with something more original than Celtic and vile.
    Yes vile club. They allow young boys in their care to be molested, and not only turn a blind eye to it, but cover it up as well.

Big Jock Knew.

Quote Originally Posted by J R Hartley View Post
    Yes vile club. They allow young boys in their care to be molested, and not only turn a blind eye to it, but cover it up as well.

Big Jock Knew.
    That old Rangers line

Celtic fans have to be the most annoying piss heads I’ve ever come across, in my opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by goats View Post
    Celtic fans have to be the most annoying piss heads I’ve ever come across, in my opinion.

Football fans involved in excessive drinking shocker.

That old Rangers line
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Celtic...b#Sexual_abuse

Yes, a line. Just like Dario Gradi knew, Jock Stein must have known what was going on.

Quote Originally Posted by Pedro de la Rosa View Post

Yes, a line. Just like Dario Gradi knew, Jock Stein must have known what was going on.
    Not just a Rangers line. Heres an extract from the book of Lou Macari, ex-Celtic manager.

Away from first-team and club matters, which were bad enough, another issue was beginning to raise its ugly head at the club. Within a month of my arrival one of the young players asked to see me in my office. 'Here we go,' I thought. 'That didn't take long. Here's a youngster in to complain about not being in the team. Straight away he's going to be into me to give him his chance.' He sat down and told me that he had had problems on a trip to North America with the youth team. One of the fellas in charge had made advances towards him.

As a manager you expect to have to sort out all sorts of problems. But this wasn't one I ever saw coming. I was staggered. To be frank, I didn't know how to respond for the best. Clearly the kid was distressed about what had happened, but I felt I couldn't just approach the accused and ask him to explain himself without proof. My hands were tied, in a way. I felt completely stuck and out of my depth. I spoke to my staff. They were shocked. My gut feeling was that the kid was speaking the truth, but there was no mechanism within the club or within my experience to deal with it. It was a police matter if anything. Any investigation had to start with them.
    And that's exactly what happened.

A couple of years later it all came out. Celtic Boys' Club founder Jim Torbett was convicted of sexual abuse of three players, including Alan Brazil.

Frank Cairney, the manager of the Boys' Club, was charged but not convicted. It emerged that years earlier Jock Stein knew all about Torbett and kicked him out of the club. The wish to maintain the good name of Celtic, if that were ever a good enough reason, was the only thing that kept the issue from coming to light at that point. There was a string of allegations by young lads whose dreams of playing for Celtic were exploited, but it was the testimony of Alan Brazil, David Gordon and James McGrory that brought the matter to court, and Torbett to justice. [from Football, My Life. by LOU MACARI]

Quote Originally Posted by Pedro de la Rosa View Post

Must have known? Are you sure? Jock Stein booted him out. Kenny Campbell stated that it was after Jock Stein left. Campbell was abused terribly, his words 'he never knew.'

Using crimes to try and score points over a club is shocking. Just as whoever took him (Torbett) back on in 1980 is.

'Must have known is not a fact, Kenny Campbell's testimony is.

Their fans are ****s.

Quote Originally Posted by dembethewarrior View Post
    Their fans are ****s.

Thanks for your much-appreciated feedback. A fully trained psychologist will get back to you as soon as possible.

Thanks for your much-appreciated feedback. A fully trained psychologist will get back to you as soon as possible.
    For a wind up merchant you don't half get touchy.

As it goes a Scottish mate of mine is a Celtic fan and I've told him exactly the same to his face, now he isn't a **** he's a nice family man, but he understands my position on it.

Then there's You, Irish and a Cardiff city fan, who seems rather offended that I dislike a Scottish team.

Their charity work really just doesn't come across as genuine

There is an underlying, selfish aim to it

Quote Originally Posted by dembethewarrior View Post
    For a wind up merchant you don't half get touchy.

As it goes a Scottish mate of mine is a Celtic fan and I've told him exactly the same to his face, now he isn't a **** he's a nice family man, but he understands my position on it.

Then there's You, Irish and a Cardiff city fan, who seems rather offended that I dislike a Scottish team.
    Offended? Don't be silly. I thought my reply was quite funny

Quote Originally Posted by BuyingManCityTickets View Post
    Their charity work really just doesn't come across as genuine

There is an underlying, selfish aim to it
    That's probably one of the stupidest comments I've read here. Do you happen to drink Carlsberg?

So Big Jock kicked the guy out but didnt report him, just so he could protect the name of Celtic FC!?!?

So as a result of the guy never being prosecuted for his crimes, because Big Jock didnt report him, the guy was allowed to return and abuse some more kids.

What a vile football club.

Disgusting club supported by disgusting mixed up people.
    Of all the charities in the world to choose from they choose a Thai orphanage

Offended? Don't be silly. I thought my reply was quite funny
    The offender who's always offended.

I'd better stop replying now, you're enjoying this.

That's probably one of the stupidest comments I've read here. Do you happen to drink Carlsberg?
    When people broadcast the fact they do so many morally righteous things you get cynical

Quote Originally Posted by BuyingManCityTickets View Post
    When people broadcast the fact they do so many morally righteous things you get cynical
    I wouldn't explain your point, I got it.

Trying too hard to create a positive image.

I dislike Celtic and Rangers.

Fwiw though I do think it is impressive that Celtic have managed to assemble such a good side while the general standard of their league is on a steep decline.

Good result, but not sure 1-0 is enough with the away leg to go, but then again Zenit don't look like the team they were a few years ago, don't recognise too many players on their team sheet.