+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Perhaps someone can explain this to me.

Re: Perhaps someone can explain this to me.

Does anyone remember playing Millwall at home in the late 70s? All their fans were wearing white T-shirts on a freezing cold day.

I have to fess up to usually driving in a short sleeved shirt , polo or T all the year round.

I hate being too hot in the car and wearing some bulky cumbersome jacket to drive in.

So yes I'll pop out and scrape the ice off without a coat on and I keep a jacket in the boot
    in case it is really cold or wet later on when I've parked up.

Back in the 70's I never wore a top coat just a jacket ,shirt and tie for going out in.

The best invention ever is heating / air con systems which can give driver and passenger different
    heats.

Normally mine is set to 16c and the wife has hers at 24c. Put an end to too hot / too cold arguments

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    Just got in after taking my dog for her early morning walk. I was wearing my thickest jumper, my thickest coat and a pair of gloves, yet I saw two blokes wearing short sleeved t shirts scraping the ice of their car windows. I've often wondered what on earth possesses grown men to think that a thin T shirt is sufficient to keep them immune from the freezing cold or heavy rain?

Leaving the manner of his losing his football pundit job on Sky to one side for now, Andy Gray said two ludicrous football related things that made me lose a lot of respect for his punditry. The first is the famous Barcelona on a Wednesday night in Stoke crap and the second, less well known, one was when he let the country know that he would always insist on his centrebacks wearing short sleeved shirts!

It must be a male ego, testosterone thing that I just don't get!
    You live in Beddau now don't you Bob? That's normal for Beddau, along with the stone washed jeans and the customary moustache.

Quote Originally Posted by ian gibson View Post
    You live in Beddau now don't you Bob? That's normal for Beddau, along with the stone washed jeans and the customary moustache.
    No, things have moved on (or to be more accurate, not moved at all) since I reported I was going to live in Beddau. After six months of waiting for a management pack, I found out that there were in fact two management companies who were both very quick to charge you for anything and everything (include farting I believe ) and very slow to carry out basic repairs - the final straw came when I discovered that the house insurance had risen by over 300 per cent in the last five years, so I told them thanks, but no thanks.

i then had an offer accepted for a house in Treorchy which I really liked, only for the surveyor to find Japanese Knotweed in land adjacent to the back garden and now I've just got back from Treherbert where I've been looking at the latest house I've had an offer accepted for. Treherbert is bit further away from Cardiff than I originally planned to go and driving there can be a bugger if you get caught behind a learner driver or a bus like I have been on my last couple of visits, but I like it - I did see plenty of moustaches today though and I didn't see a bloke all of the time I was there.

Quote Originally Posted by Taunton Blue Genie View Post
    Does this mean that we are unlikely to see you stripped to the waist on the terraces tomorrow, TOBW?
    That actually happened in about 1967 when I was at a game with my Dad and someone spilled tea (in those days it was either scalding or lukewarm down the City - thankfully it was the latter that day) all over my jersey. I took it off, but my Dad did the typical parent thing and said you'll have to take your vest off as well or you'll catch your death of cold and, so there I was topless with no one but my father paying the slightest attention to me. He took his cardigan (which was about five sizes too big for me) off and insisted that I put it on - I got far more attention, and quite a bit of sympathy, from supporters with that cardigan on than I did when I was stripped to the waist.

Bob, were any of those moustachioed women playing banjos?