+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Perhaps someone can explain this to me.

Perhaps someone can explain this to me.

Just got in after taking my dog for her early morning walk. I was wearing my thickest jumper, my thickest coat and a pair of gloves, yet I saw two blokes wearing short sleeved t shirts scraping the ice of their car windows. I've often wondered what on earth possesses grown men to think that a thin T shirt is sufficient to keep them immune from the freezing cold or heavy rain?

Leaving the manner of his losing his football pundit job on Sky to one side for now, Andy Gray said two ludicrous football related things that made me lose a lot of respect for his punditry. The first is the famous Barcelona on a Wednesday night in Stoke crap and the second, less well known, one was when he let the country know that he would always insist on his centrebacks wearing short sleeved shirts!

It must be a male ego, testosterone thing that I just don't get!

Re: Perhaps someone can explain this to me.

I can't fathom it out either. It is like when you see a bloke in a t-shirt and wooly hat on a cold day. If it's cold enough for a hat it is cold enough for a coat or jumper, or both. You just look like a bell-end

Does this mean that we are unlikely to see you stripped to the waist on the terraces tomorrow, TOBW?

Quote Originally Posted by Maccy Blue View Post
    I can't fathom it out either. It is like when you see a bloke in a t-shirt and wooly hat on a cold day. If it's cold enough for a hat it is cold enough for a coat or jumper, or both. You just look like a bell-end
    Especially if it's a purple hat.

We got a postman who wears shorts all year round. !!!!!!

I think it's a leftover trauma from his younger days, as on days like this, his balls must be frozen together

Quote Originally Posted by BLUETIT View Post

I think it's a leftover trauma from his younger days, as on days like this, his balls must be frozen together
    They all wear shorts. It’s because of working in rain long trousers hamper them when they get wet. So ergo shirts prevent this.

I think it's because many folk live in a bubble.

They get up in a pre-centrally-heated home, get in their heated car, drive to their heated place of work and then back home to their pre-centrally-heated house. If they go out, the pub/cinema/restaurant/whatever is heated. In other words, they never get near to feeling cold.

My wonder is kids going to school in pouring rain wearing just a shirt. I conclude they are just incredibly stupid.

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    Just got in after taking my dog for her early morning walk. I was wearing my thickest jumper, my thickest coat and a pair of gloves, yet I saw two blokes wearing short sleeved t shirts scraping the ice of their car windows. I've often wondered what on earth possesses grown men to think that a thin T shirt is sufficient to keep them immune from the freezing cold or heavy rain?

Leaving the manner of his losing his football pundit job on Sky to one side for now, Andy Gray said two ludicrous football related things that made me lose a lot of respect for his punditry. The first is the famous Barcelona on a Wednesday night in Stoke crap and the second, less well known, one was when he let the country know that he would always insist on his centrebacks wearing short sleeved shirts!

C'mon Bob. Everyone knows that if you are built like Charles Atlas you don't feel the cold!
    I think you wanna get down to DW a bit quick, could save yourself a fortune in thermal wear.

It's the same night time in town on the weekend.
    Minus 5 and pissing with rain, you'd be hard pushed to find anyone with a coat.
    It seems working out makes you waterproof too.

Quote Originally Posted by Cleve van Leef View Post
    They all wear shorts. It’s because of working in rain long trousers hamper them when they get wet. So ergo shirts prevent this.
    Shorts not shirts.

I am no doctor in medicine but in fairness, as long as you are wrapped up above the waist, i think you are fine you are fine.

I know that you lose a massive amount of heat through your head, the same may well be true for the upper body.
    There are no vital organs below the waist which may be relevant.

BTW, your balls prefer cold temperature if I remember correctly from my biology lessons, better for sperm production

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post

Maybe they're just popping out for 5 minutes to scrape the ice, not really an heroic task when the car is parked outside their lovely warm home. I can wear shorts for most of the year, no problem, and I don't wear jumpers or own a thick coat, it doesn't really get that cold in this part of the world, although I don't feel the cold like a lot of people I know-can't sleep with a duvet cover, just a sheet. Years of working outside, on scaffolding platforms and cold sites toughen you up!

Shorts not shirts.
    I did wonder, how their shirts would effect their shorts, but didn't wanna spoil my day.

Simple - some people feel the cold more than others.

I'm forever turning our heating off, my wife and daughter are always moaning about feeling cold - even when the heating has been on full all day. (Daughter's boyfriend is on my side in this )

Women are always complaining about draughts (of cold air, not the game).

Quote Originally Posted by Taunton Blue Genie View Post
    Especially if it's a purple hat.
    I've got a purple hat :-(

International

I travele to Newport occasionally by train and there is a guy who gets on at central. the first time I saw him I thought he was going hiking in the beacons or something. He was wearing a yellor tee shirt, black 1950's style football shorts and socks pulled riht up and trainers, carrying a ruck sack with a jellow waterprood cover.
    I t was onlt when i saw him going both ways a couple of tinmes i realsied he was going to work in Newport, and it was bloody freexing

Feck that scraping laok. A bit of tepid water clears it in seconds

Blog Entries

Sad news... the managing director of Dulux paints has died of hypothermia while de-icing his car this morning.

Paramedics said he could have done with another coat...

Was walking home from work in December, long John's under my jeans, bobble had and gloves etc.
    I'm no hero, if it's cold it's cold.

Guy walks past me and of town across the front of the train station with a t-shirt on. I just couldn't understand it.

Surprised no one has picked on the younger generation out on a Friday or Saturday night without a coat and especially the females out in flimsy dresses. They obviously don’t feel the cold.

Surprised no one has picked on the younger generation out on a Friday or Saturday night without a coat and especially the females out in flimsy dresses. They obviously don’t feel the cold.
    I think this has always happened hasn't it?

I took a jacket to Cardiff Saturday. Was a pain in the arse to keep remembering, or finding somewhere to put it as we stood in busy pubs.

If i go to my local I'll try not to take one as it's only a 2 minute walk, if we end up in town tbats only a 2 minute walk...so it's convenient not to take one.

Quote Originally Posted by dembethewarrior View Post
    Was walking home from work in December, long John's under my jeans, bobble had and gloves etc.
    I'm no hero, if it's cold it's cold.

Guy walks past me and of town across the front of the train station with a t-shirt on. I just couldn't understand it.

Why, what was written on the T shirt that you couldn't understand ?

Why, what was written on the T shirt that you couldn't understand ?
    Was a plain white top from memory.

Quote Originally Posted by dembethewarrior View Post
    Was a plain white top from memory.
    Haven't heard of a shop called memory, where is that to ?

Haven't heard of a shop called memory, where is that to ?
    An enjoyable teens and 20s has killed brain cells off... memory is shite