+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Watershed game today

Watershed game today

I know there is still a long long way to go, but I just feel if we can win today that people will start believing we've got a serious chance of going up.

It'll put 12 points between us and Boro, 3 points in front of Derby and with Villa and Fulham playing each other give us an advantage over one of them.

Games are coming thick and fast now it's great to be in the mix

Re: Watershed game today

Today represents a different challenge to Tuesday. They have some good experienced players to choose from in central midfield - Leadbitter, Howson and Clayton, and also just signed Besic.
    I’d like to see Bamba back today to combat the aerial threat of Rudy.

Absolutely vital game

Win - Im pretty confident of play offs and we have an outside chance of second
    Draw - Still in with good shout of play offs but second is pushing it
    Lose - Brings M'Boro well into shout of play offs and throws us into the pack a bit

Really looking forward to today.

Quote Originally Posted by J R Hartley View Post
    Today represents a different challenge to Tuesday. They have some good experienced players to choose from in central midfield - Leadbitter, Howson and Clayton, and also just signed Besic.
    I’d like to see Bamba back today to combat the aerial threat of Rudy.
    Besic on loan? Decent player he is.
    Probably a bit further along than our Grujic for example.

Im still haunted by our pathetic display against Boro at home with Dave Jones. Wasnt it 3 down after 20 mins?

We're a featured game on Soccer Saturday today

Jeff Stelling has us to lose 1 nil
    Charlie Nicholas - draw
    whilst Merson, Pinocchio and LeTissier all predict us winning

Quote Originally Posted by Hilts View Post
    Im still haunted by our pathetic display against Boro at home with Dave Jones. Wasnt it 3 down after 20 mins?
    Try not to think about it.

Dismal

Quote Originally Posted by Hilts View Post
    It was my youngest sons first game.Today I am taking my granddaughter for her first game,same opposition.Be afraid.

Agree Tim. A huge game. A win puts us in a seriously good position. Fingers x we turn up today and get into them.
    Spedger

Quote Originally Posted by Lawnmower View Post
    I know there is still a long long way to go, but I just feel if we can win today that people will start believing we've got a serious chance of going up.

It'll put 12 points between us and Boro, 3 points in front of Derby and with Villa and Fulham playing each other give us an advantage over one of them.

Games are coming thick and fast now it's great to be in the mix
    Definitely one of those classic Cardiff City days. If we win it could really send us on a run to catch villa if they slip up, lose and we open the door for boro to rally up into the playoffs, probably instead of us. A nice easy composed 2 nil dull game will do fine today.

Quote Originally Posted by sneggyblubird View Post
    It was my youngest sons first game.Today I am taking my granddaughter for her first game,same opposition.Be afraid.
    Oh dear!
    Couldn't you have taken her to the Bolton game?

Agree with OP, season defining game. Draw written all over it.

International

Get in!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Excellent performance against a strong side.

Felt we were the better side for most of the game and more likely to get the second goal.

Nice to have a bit of atmosphere as well

Felt we were the better side for most of the game and more likely to get the second goal.

How many did they bring Tim?

Not the best spectacle with the ball being in the air too much, but a very good team performance. I was impressed by both Grujic and Traore, definitely their best games for us to date. Interesting to hear Pulis' post-match comments. I'd usually put it down to sour grapes, but I agree with him about the state of the pitch. It's particularly bad on the Ninian side going down to the away end.

Quote Originally Posted by J R Hartley View Post
    How many did they bring Tim?
    900 ish