+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: FT: CARDIFF CITY 1 - 0 MIDDLESBROUGH. Match thread

FT: CARDIFF CITY 1 - 0 MIDDLESBROUGH. Match thread

Bluebirds in home action against Tony Pulis' Middlesbrough are the visitors to CCS.

C:WindowsTempphpE849.tmpCardiff could welcome back January signing Gary Madine at home to Middlesbrough.

Madine missed Tuesday's home win against former club Bolton after suffering a broken nose in the 1-1 draw at Millwall last week. Sol Bamba will return in defence with Lee Peltier dropping out after Bluebirds boss Neil Warnock admitted he rushed him back too early in midweek following injury.

Jazz Richards remains out for up to three weeks, while the Sky Bet Championship game could come too soon for Matt Connolly, Craig Bryson and Kadeem Harris to rejoin the squad.

"I think it'll be too soon for Gary Madine, but he’s training so I wouldn’t write him off," said Neil Warnock.

"The three lads who played yesterday for the Under-23s came through it, Craig Bryson, Kadeem Harris and Matt Connolly so that was pleasing.

"We had one or two niggles from Bolton but I don't expect it to affect selection."

Middlesbrough hope striker Rudy Gestede can shrug off a back problem to face his former club. Gestede would have sat out this game through suspension but for his recent red card at Norwich being overturned.

But he could now miss out through injury as manager Tony Pulis has confirmed he has missed a couple of days' training this week. Boro's other former Cardiff man, defender Fabio da Silva, is their only other concern as he recovers from a thigh injury.

Opta stats

Cardiff have lost three home league games at the Cardiff City Stadium against Middlesbrough - against no side have they lost more (also three against Hull and Newcastle).

None of the last 23 league meetings between these sides has ended as a draw (12 wins for Cardiff, 11 wins for Middlesbrough).

Neil Warnock has won all seven of his home league matches (including play-offs) against Middlesbrough - Cardiff could be the seventh different club with whom he has won home games against Boro (also Notts County, Sheffield United, Crystal Palace, QPR, Leeds, Rotherham).

Tony Pulis and Warnock haven't faced since November 2011, when Warnock's QPR won 3-2 at Stoke in the Premier League.

Armand Traore, who scored in midweek, has been involved in two goals in two Championship appearances since joining Cardiff (one goal, one assist), as many as he registered for Nottm Forest in 30 games (two assists).

Middlesbrough have won three of their last four away league games, although they did lose last time out versus Norwich. Indeed, Boro had won just three of their previous 29 away contests.

Match officials

Referee: DARREN BOND
    Assistants: Ian Cooper and Adam Matthews
    Fourth Official: James Linington

Re: CARDIFF CITY v MIDDLESBROUGH. Match thread

There's a cheeky sod on Boro's board saying that we're not a vocal crowd.

I know our numbers aren't great, but I think we're pretty good at making a racket.

There's an even cheekier sod that said that we haven't also played in Blue, and up until 2012, our kit was Brown & Orange.

https://www.oneboro.co.uk/forum/show...id=8819&page=3

6 defenders be interesting how he sets us up.

Madine not in squad?

I’ve been away all week, is he injured?

Anyone know the teams yet?

What is the team?

Yep, team is on he clubs instagram streAm

Quote Originally Posted by Kitman View Post
    Yep, team is on he clubs instagram streAm
    On what?????😂😂

Etheridge
    Bennett
    Morrison
    Manga
    Ralls
    Zohore
    Bamba
    Paterson
    Grujic
    Traore
    Hoilett

Subs
    Murphy
    Peltier
    Pilkington
    Halford
    Mendez-Laing
    Damour
    Wildschut

Anyone got the team? Not on the Instagram streAm 😂😂😂

Wow lot of pace up front for us today Hoilet , Zohore, and our Traore as a winger .

International

Quote Originally Posted by life on mars View Post
    Wow lot of pace up front for us today Hoilet , Zohore, and our Traore as a winger .
    That was my first thought when i saw the team on BBC, Traore was being used as a winger or wide midfielder, the order of names was idfferent to the poster above, and he was names last after hoilet

Get in..in Sean we trust

So Traore has actually been named as a winger? He's looking good to be fair.

Just me and thee on here today NYC?

Quote Originally Posted by kendoddsdadsdogsdead View Post
    Just me and thee on here today NYC?
    I'm here, wish I was there, following the game from the Gulf of Mexico on the BBC. Think Zohore is going to get one today.

Wolves and Villa losing.

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Morris View Post
    Wolves and Villa losing.
    Sadly Wolves now 1-1. Preston player sent off too.

Fulham 2 up against Villa

We want Wolves to beat anyone near us..and we could do with a 2nd today

Fantastic win.

Re: FT: CARDIFF CITY 1 - 0 MIDDLESBROUGH. Match thread

Morrison was immense today. Excellent to see a really good game of football in front of a decent crowd. I hope a lot of them are tempted back...

Def. going to be last on Match of the Day next season, more times than not......Great win. Looking forward to the Wurzels next weekend

Very strong team performance. If we can keep that level up noone will beat us at home and very few away. I include Wolves, Villa and Derby in that.

Quote Originally Posted by splott parker View Post
    Anyone got the team? Not on the Instagram streAm 😂😂😂
    Hilarious.