+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: A thoroughly professional team performance in front of 18,720 fans

A thoroughly professional team performance in front of 18,720 fans

.....against accomplished opposition.

Really impressed with the commitment and work-rate of the whole team. All of the players were 7/8 for me - and Warnock's tactics and team selection paid off handsomely.

Re: A thoroughly professional team performance in front of 18,720 fans

Quote Originally Posted by Coch View Post
    .....against accomplished opposition.

Really impressed with the commitment and work-rate of the whole team. All of the players were 7/8 for me - and Warnock's tactics and team selection paid off handsomely.
    Agreed. We played like a real team today and didn't really give a good Boro side much of a look-in. Things are looking promising...

Yes, I think professional is a good way to describe it. Whole team composed and doing their job. Traore had a few moments but to be expected.

What we have for the very first time for many many years is a first rate manager, strong support staff , a stable loyal owner, all making a good solid club .

I can't believe we're back in 2nd place. I really didn't expect to see that. Great performance today.

I thought we were excellent.

Etheridge kicked well and caught anything that came into his area.

Defensively.. I think manga and Bennet were good and Morrison and Bamba as a pair were fantastic. They work so much better as 2 rather than 3.
    Anyone who had worries about manga didn't have to worry today...

Grujic sat in well, you don't need to headlessly chase the ball to be good, he positioned himself well and was strong on the ball when needed, he cut passing lanes forcing Boro to go backwards and sideways.
    Ralls was effective and put in a real shift.
    Patterson won headers and was everywhere being a right pain.

Up top, I thought Hoilett and Traore put in a good shift out wide, hoilett won't be bullied, Traore got back to cover q few times as well as getting forward.

Ken? Absolute joy to watch. Nailed it for me when he chased all the way back to win the ball back. Do this till the end of the season please.

Warnocks shit January signings aren't looking so bad are they.

Cardiff are creeping back up to that two points per game average. It’s a strong recovery from a dreadful Christmas. There will be more defeats in the weeks ahead but that will apply to all those around you.
    Given your League position crowds should now start rising above 20,000 for home games.

BBC describing it as a "nervy" performance.

Not from where I was sitting. I was 80% certain we would win after we scored....

Not from where I was sitting. I was 80% certain we would win after we scored....
    There mad at the BBC they called it nervy times in WW2 when London was being blitzed, nutters.

2 minutes at the end at a push. And only because it was one of them games we should have been a few up... it could have been typical in years gone by to concede one that late on even though we hadn't been under any real pressure.

BBC are talking shit.

What are the chances...........?

prof display.jpg