+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: What is the most Warnock has ever paid for a Player?

What is the most Warnock has ever paid for a Player?

Great team performance today but at half time when I was talking to the blokes around me it got us thnking that Warnock does not spend big money on players and we were wondering how much his most expensive player cost.

I reckoned it was under £10 million. On investigating when I got home tonight I found an article written in 2016 that said his most expensive signing for Crystal Palace was 5.5 million for James McArthur from Wigan to Crystal Palace.
    Considering the article was on about the £89million to bring Paul Pogba back from Juventus to Manchester United in 2016.
    So does that mean that Gary Madine at £6m from Bolton is the most that Warnock has paid for a player in his management career? If so that is amazing considering he has been around for so long as a manager and the silly money that others have spent in the past.

Anybody know of any more expensive players that he has signed?

link to the article is here
    https://www.independent.ie/sport/soc...-34957198.html

Re: What is the most Warnock has ever paid for a Player?

Did he sign Zaha for Palace?

Re: What is the most Warnock has ever paid for a Player?

Quote Originally Posted by NYCBlue View Post
    Did he sign Zaha for Palace?
    He got Zaha back on loan when he arrived at palace for his second spell aug 2014 but was sacked in december 2014 so technically did not buy the player. Alan Pardrew was in charge and they bought him outright.