+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Yesterdays Ref

Yesterdays Ref

Thought he was excellent fair play. Let the game flow. There was one occasion in front of the grandstand where George Friend's boot came off and Paterson kicked it off the pitch. Most Refs would have booked Paterson but the ref saw the funny side.

Re: Yesterdays Ref

Quote Originally Posted by thehumblegringo View Post
    Thought he was excellent fair play. Let the game flow. There was one occasion in front of the grandstand where George Friend's boot came off and Paterson kicked it off the pitch. Most Refs would have booked Paterson but the ref saw the funny side.
    He also allowed the defender time to collect and put his boot on before a free kick was taken. He should have been booked for time wasting.....

Quote Originally Posted by thehumblegringo View Post
    Good point.I can think of a few buggers we've had that would have booked half a dozen on either side.

Someone made the point on here about Zohore as well and I agree, ref knew there was going to be a physical game and let it carry on.

Our last two refs have been serenaded with "why do we always get shit refs?", but I thought Tuesday's did okay and I agree yesterday's was good - I just hope the Canton Stand still have that song in their repertoire when Keith Stroud or Steve Martin are next inflicted upon us.

Another ref would've given 5-6 yellow cards yday even though there was barely a bad tackle. I agree, he was solid yday. Would've been annoyed had he not booked hoillett for his challenge in the second half if it was the other way round but was happy to see him just give him a talking too.

Talking of that song, there is a group of fans back right of the canton who were spending their time singing "and now you're gunna believe us, football is corrupt" for some bizzare reason at various points in the game, including when the ref added 4 mins on in the second half and we're holding on for 3 points. Not even in a joking way. Strange.

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    Our last two refs have been serenaded with "why do we always get shit refs?", but I thought Tuesday's did okay and I agree yesterday's was good - I just hope the Canton Stand still have that song in their repertoire when Keith Stroud or Steve Martin are next inflicted upon us.
    I only heard it once yesterday, after what I thought was a poor decision. Other than that I thought he had a good game

Easy to say when you have won the game I suppose. I found myself a bit hot under the collar a couple if times where I thought he could have got his book out.

I have to agree though, this was always going to be a physical battle and both sides have as good as they got. He had a word where some would have got the book out and this was the correct way to deal with this type of game.

Nobody has mentioned Morrison's "climbing" for the goal (except Pulis).
    Seen em given

Quote Originally Posted by MacAdder View Post
    Easy to say when you have won the game I suppose. I found myself a bit hot under the collar a couple if times where I thought he could have got his book out.

I have to agree though, this was always going to be a physical battle and both sides have as good as they got. He had a word where some would have got the book out and this was the correct way to deal with this type of game.

Seen em given
    The ref was letting all sorts go in the box.
    Morrison got most of it, so it was poetic justice he scored.

Perhaps the ref just decided to let a bit of it go for both sides.

No one really complained at the time.

Being biased I thought he was a bit soft on them, harsh on us, but no major cock ups from him that I saw.

Makes a nice change

Quote Originally Posted by Lawnmower View Post
    The ref was letting all sorts go in the box.
    Morrison got most of it, so it was poetic justice he scored.

Perhaps the ref just decided to let a bit of it go for both sides.

No one really complained at the time.

Being biased I thought he was a bit soft on them, harsh on us, but no major cock ups from him that I saw.

Makes a nice change
    Did anyone notice on the highlights, Morrison lean over their defender and whisper I love you in his ear after he scored

Quote Originally Posted by Auntie Andy View Post
    Did anyone notice on the highlights, Morrison lean over their defender and whisper I love you in his ear after he scored
    I noticed it in the game. I assumed he was just checking he was OK after having fallen over...

Quote Originally Posted by MacAdder View Post

Seen em given
    I seem to remember Patterson doing the same thing a few weeks ago and incurring the refs wrath(booked).On that day the ref interpreted Patterson backing in and bending over where as he was claiming he was being climbed over.If you go with that then had Morrison missed perhaps he would have awarded a penalty.