+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Low on goalmouth thrills and spills, but such a big win for Cardiff City.

Low on goalmouth thrills and spills, but such a big win for Cardiff City.

Re: Low on goalmouth thrills and spills, but such a big win for Cardiff City.

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    Good read Bob and that's a great stat about Morrison. The guy has been underrated so long and I'm glad he's finally getting the recognition he deserves. Perhaps people will forget about him having a shit in the street (which apparently is on par with 1st degree murder) and let him get on with being our leader.

I agree with you on Hoilett for simple reason that he has had to carry the burden of the "creator" single handedly in the team, but Morrison has been colossal.

I thought Grujic was excellent yesterday too mate. Strong as a horse.

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    Your mention of Boro's strength on paper reminds me that it was allegedly Bill Shankly who on being told that his team was stronger than the opposing team on paper responded

"Maybe but you don't play football on paper!!"

Thoroughly enjoyed yesterdays game, it was a good old fashioned battle.

Loved the way Boro kept 3 sometimes 4 men up when we had a corner.

Great battle, well reffed (for once), and Boro kept us on our toes right to the end.

👍

Quote Originally Posted by BLUETIT View Post
    Thoroughly enjoyed yesterdays game, it was a good old fashioned battle.

Loved the way Boro kept 3 sometimes 4 men up when we had a corner.

Great battle, well reffed (for once), and Boro kept us on our toes right to the end.
    Good tactic that. Forces us to keep men back probably our defenders who are our main threat from corners.

That worked well then

Despite the lack of goal-scoring chances that was one of the most satisfying wins of the season for me. Just something about the way approached the game, summed-up as 'professional' in another thread which exuded confidence and focus. Looked like a team with a mission.