+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Opponent's breakaways are our achilles heel

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Re: Opponent's breakaways are our achilles heel

I think the amount of defenders we have back will be down to how many players they leave up the pitch.. if they push a striker up it makes sense to leave 2 back etc.

Before our goal they had a load of people stretched out to defend the ball coming in.. they had 3 men in a small wall to stop Hoilett having an open shot on goal.. they were confused as to who should be in the 3 man wall and the pineapple headed fella moved out to go and defend on the edge of the area..they had no idea what they were meant to be doing, I remember looking at my daughter and sort of smiling/nodding as if to say "here it comes"

Re: Opponent's breakaways are our achilles heel

Quote Originally Posted by dembethewarrior View Post
    Before our goal they had a load of people stretched out to defend the ball coming in.. they had 3 men in a small wall to stop Hoilett having an open shot on goal.. they were confused as to who should be in the 3 man wall and the pineapple headed fella moved out to go and defend on the edge of the area..they had no idea what they were meant to be doing, I remember looking at my daughter and sort of smiling/nodding as if to say "here it comes"
    Yeah - I was right behind the ball at that free kick and the wall should have had at least one man more and they seemed indecisive as to where to stand. And the goalie was badly positioned for it too.

Don't think Morrison has been credited with what was such a deliciously delicate touch to nod the ball in, mind