+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Remaining Fixtures

Remaining Fixtures

As it stands today our remaining 14 games are against teams in the following positions

1 Wolves home
    3 Villa away
    4 Derby away
    6 Wurzels home
    8 Sheff U away
    10 Brentford away
    12 Ipswich away
    13 Norwich away
    17 Forest home
    18 Reading home
    19 Birmingham home
    21 Hull away
    22 Barnsley home
    24 Burton home

So apart from Ipswich, Norwich and probably Forest teams who all have something to play for wether that be autos, play offs or relegation. A tough set of away fixtures on paper, but with 5 of the bottom 8 to come at home, if we can put all them to the sword who knows how many points we will end up with.

Re: Remaining Fixtures

Those last 6 games look distinctly winnable, not that means much with us as all the Christmas fixtures did too.

We’re going to need 86-87 points for a top 2 spot

Maybe a little bit less this year as 2nd to 5th is so tight

28 points I'm thinking which would give us 89 overall

Quote Originally Posted by jamieccfc View Post
    28 points I'm thinking which would give us 89 overall
    Average 2 possible a game and we are up auto.

Important we don’t lose to Villa or Derby away. A point away to those 2 would be great results.

Quote Originally Posted by J R Hartley View Post
    Important we don’t lose to Villa or Derby away. A point away to those 2 would be great results.
    I am not that worried about either of those teams who I think we can beat.

85 for autos and 78 for play offs I reckon. Not much between 2nd and 5th right now and I'd expect one of the teams in 6th-13th to have a big run

Basically we need 9 wins for auto it appears. So if we assume nothing from the top 5 matches in JR's list then it means we have to beat Ipswich away on Weds as the first of the more winnable 9 games.

Doesn't look like it's going to be a boring end to the season this year...

Our trickiest fixtures out of those, besides Villa away are Brentford and Norwich in my opinion

Villa will be under big pressure to go up. No reason why we cant go there and win.

Quote Originally Posted by thehumblegringo View Post
    Our trickiest fixtures out of those, besides Villa away are Brentford and Norwich in my opinion
    Norwich ain’t no great shakes. We can go there and get something. Derby away will be more difficult imo.

Quote Originally Posted by Hilts View Post
    Villa will be under big pressure to go up. No reason why we cant go there and win.
    I agree but it would be a brave man to bet on that match. I can picture every outcome. I can see Villa smashing us, I can see a controversial Villa win, I can see a draw, I can see a smash and grab for us, and I can see us comfortably containing Villa and coming away with a 2-0 win!

I agree but it would be a brave man to bet on that match. I can picture every outcome. I can see Villa smashing us, I can see a controversial Villa win, I can see a draw, I can see a smash and grab for us, and I can see us comfortably containing Villa and coming away with a 2-0 win!
    Mind the splinters Gringo

Are you Mystic Meg ?

Quote Originally Posted by Lawnmower View Post
    Are you Mystic Meg ?
    Good thing Is lads I'm gonna bump this thread after the Villa game to prove I was right!

Good thing Is lads I'm gonna bump this thread after the Villa game to prove I was right!
    😂

They would class that as a scoop on ****. Carl Curtis predicts City win/draw/loss. Delete as applicable.

Quote Originally Posted by J R Hartley View Post
    They would class that as a scoop on ****. Carl Curtis predicts City win/draw/loss. Delete as applicable.
    I'm also predicting we will sign at least one player next summer mate!

I'm also predicting we will sign at least one player next summer mate!