+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Seán Morrison

Re: Seán Morrison

Quote Originally Posted by ccfc_is_my_life View Post
    Top manager and players would try to expose him. A good manager boosts his strengths and hides his weaknesses. It's all swings and roundabouts.
    Are you Russell Slade in disguise? Talk about spouting cliches 🙄

Quote Originally Posted by Tuerto View Post
    I've always rated Morrison, could never understand the shit he took from some of our fans, especially during the Slade days. His positional sense is very good, he stays on his feet, and is rarely dominated, the perfect Central Defender at this level. I think that he could play lower level Premier league, he's got more intelligence than Manga or Bamba. As for the spelling of his name, well, Louth is spelling it the Irish way, I don't believe that Morrison spells it that way, but who gives a shit. I can't understand why grown men on this forum squabble like little children because of their own prejudices, inadequacies, boredom etc, it doesn't matter, feeling the need to prove a point. It's very sad. This could be a good thread, but now it's ****ed because the op has opted to use a different method of spelling. So ****ing what, deal with the question posed.
    ****ing bang on about Morrison and even more bang on about threads being ruined. You have to sift through the petty arguments to find a relevant post to what you wanna read about. It's so annoying and it's usually the same people. And now I've gone and done it too!!

I'll admit I'm in the 'won over' camp with Sean. His performances this season are a lot better than previous seasons. Nothing seems to get by him. He's a real threat in the opponents box as well.

Sean would not be embarrassed in too many games in the Prem.

My hope if we go up is that we don't dismantle the squad like we did last time as I think it nearly killed us as a club. I'd rather keep most of the players and just add a couple with that 'X-factor' that would allow us to hurt other teams. I think the main areas we'd need strengthening based on our current squad are a goalie, 2 midfield players and a really rapid forward to allow us to change our style during games.

The rest I'd leave and take our chances on staying up but knowing we're not in deep financial shit if we come straight back down.

I know a lot of fans won't be happy with this view but I think Burnley have shown how an unfancied Club can become really competitive without just discarding all the team spirit that brought the success in the first place. I think this season is a great example of how far team players can take you.

I also think that Rochdale showed today that the gap isn't as big as the commentators and Prem League operators would like you to think.

Quote Originally Posted by Penarth Blues View Post
    Sean would not be embarrassed in too many games in the Prem.

My hope if we go up is that we don't dismantle the squad like we did last time as I think it nearly killed us as a club. I'd rather keep most of the players and just add a couple with that 'X-factor' that would allow us to hurt other teams. I think the main areas we'd need strengthening based on our current squad are a goalie, 2 midfield players and a really rapid forward to allow us to change our style during games.

The rest I'd leave and take our chances on staying up but knowing we're not in deep financial shit if we come straight back down.

I know a lot of fans won't be happy with this view but I think Burnley have shown how an unfancied Club can become really competitive without just discarding all the team spirit that brought the success in the first place. I think this season is a great example of how far team players can take you.

I also think that Rochdale showed today that the gap isn't as big as the commentators and Prem League operators would like you to think.
    I disagree about the gap. I just think a couple % is huge in top level sport and Tottenham had their cup final Tuesday whereas Rochdale had theirs Today.

I agree with you that we should follow Burnleys model though. Not repeating the same mistakes as last time must be our top priority.

We could secure the club financially whilst still having the pick of the litter of what remains in the championship, league one and perhaps the odd foreign player.

Going for players like Medel etc was disastrous last time and we must nurture some type of togetherness if we do go up.

I was under the impression Morrison was aged about 32. Feck knows who im confusing him with

Quote Originally Posted by Louth View Post
    I was under the impression Morrison was aged about 32. Feck knows who im confusing him with
    Probably that Fada bloke.

Quote Originally Posted by thehumblegringo View Post
    I agree he's been brilliant for us but surely there's levels and if someone on the level of Steve Morrison can outwit Bamba, what would someone like Eden Hazard or Ozil do?

Like you said, it's not a dig just an honest observation.
    Sorry mate, I was agreeing with you.

Second part of my post was just speculating that he could save us on the odd occasion, I don't think it would happen too much with his long legs mind as he would get turned inside out most games, hazards pace and Ozils cleverness would leave him dizzy.

Quote Originally Posted by Fatty Foggon View Post
    Probably that Fada bloke.

Shut up Fatty.