+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Murdered MP's widower Brendan Cox quits charities

Re: Murdered MP's widower Brendan Cox quits charities

Sign of the times Mambo, 40 years ago this was going on at business dinners, in politicians office, backstage of tv show's. There wasn't such a thing as inappropriate behaviour or language back then (for men anyway). The constant tenuous links to the Labour party from the Daily Mail and its sister publication ninianclark - seem a bit facile and immature when taken into context of the wider story.

The children's and families minister attended a dinner where women were paid to flirt with, dance with, talk dirty to and probably in some circumstances sleep with men because of their status - how ****ed up is that?! He got a 'dressing down' - was that by one of the girls? Sex scandals covered up weekly by a whole host of organisations and seemingly no principles or morals to be found anywhere amongst the upper echelons of British society.

Ordinary people seem to have moved on from our caveman past a lot quicker than our 'brightest and best'. Look at the culprits or just spend your time linking everything to the Labour party if that makes you happy.

Quote Originally Posted by Mambo View Post
    Did you know something ? ,

He's just resigned from UNICEF today http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-43162223 , that is after he resigned from 'save the children' a few months ago.

Yet another one from the do as I say not as I do brigade. Funny how they were both working for Blair/Brown as advisers !!
    Read the Tom Bowers book on Gordon Brown. Nothing funny about it. It was a deliberate startegy to stuff NGOs, quangos and charities with Labourites. In return for making a lot of political noise many of them receiveced additional funding and nods of political agreement for big salaries. Plenty of evidence in there and perfectly legal. But of course, completely immoral to use charitable bodies for political tools. It's only quite right that these creeps are now being purged.

Left and right and centre and nationalist - there are blokes taking advantage of the power they have been given in order to try and get their leg over. It's not a political thing - it's a man 'thing'.
    If you looked very closely you would see it's also a blackmail thing.

Quote Originally Posted by CardiffIrish2 View Post
    I agree it was aborning Brendan Cox, I was responding to yet another post by Wales Bales shoe horning DT into something virtuous.

As for the previous presidents. Yes that’s true, but when then the current incumbent suggests arming teachers as a response then somethings ****ed up.

Brendan Cox is an utter Bell end as I said I feel so sorry for himself kids
    Trump is integral to this story, as he's going after the traffickers. These charity cases are not isolated incidents, you are looking at organised global networks here.

Left and right and centre and nationalist - there are blokes taking advantage of the power they have been given in order to try and get their leg over. It's not a political thing - it's a man 'thing'.

This week it's Labours turn to cop it, as someone has opened the can and let the worms out. A few weeks back it was that business charity dinner with various MPs, businessmen etc trying it on with the waitresses (although Im sure the idea there was get them p issed and get them donating money), ego v ego = big donations.

If you are a Labour supporter - you need to cop it - just like if you are a Lib Dem, Tory you have to cop it if the party leader thinks all gays are abhorrent (Tim Fallon), or a Tory from the House of Lords who likes dressing up in a bra whilst snorting coke etc

Basically - if you dish it out , you need to have the temerity to take it as well - or in the case of a serial masturbater from Cowbridge just call everyone who doesnt agree with his politics - scum. A modus operandi that certain political parties and their supporters seem to have adopted. No free speech, shout down anyone who isnt a Labour supporter etc.

I dont know if youve realised - but the press isnt fair - there are right wing papers and left wing papers. Left and Right wing news outlets outside the MSM. Re Ninianclark , Ive seen him post stuff I agree with and some stuff I dont, same goes for you Eric and the other Momemntum RedTops on here.

It's politics - there is no absolute correct solution - you need a bit of both - which is why the centre ground is always the place where elections are won - so it seems. So anyone who goes way out either side of that is risking power over ideology - in my opinion - but what the feck do I know.
    I agree with most of that. It can be tit for tat and I don't really have a problem with saying Corbyn isn't a leader, Diane Abbott is a smidgen from being a bit racist and John McDonnell is an ideological hothead.

But when the right-leaning press (and we both know the guardian is not the leftist equivalent of the mail and express) say Corbyn wants us to be like Venezuela or McDonnell wants to crush business it isn't reporting in the public interest, just ideological driven 'fake news' (I hate that term).

It feels like they realise the fight is lost on the issue of austerity, it hasn't worked so they need to go for the man. The left are in the same position at a different point on the timeline, they have always felt that they can't win the argument (or war of propaganda) so they have always gone for the man ('i hate tories').

But in an era where people are encouraged by the political classes to ignore facts, figures and forecasts because they don't suit their native we stand no chance of keeping the discussion to policy.

Regarding the comment 'certain parties supporters' trying to deny free speech I think it is a more complex issue. Every discussion involving brexit on Qt for months has been drowned out by disgruntled and angry leavers booing and shouting down anywhere that dare give their opinion about the negotiation or the decision in general. We can probably safely assume they aren't lib Dems but they could be from Labour or the Tories.

I feel very sorry for the kids and Jo Cox’s parents. As for Brendan Cox what a pitiful character he is.