+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Fan against Fan?

Fan against Fan?

Over the last few months I've read that Tan has set fan against fan. This is supposedly down to the change to red.
    Being from Ireland I'm no expert, but I can't keep thinking this is a load of bollox. I didn't hear this when we won the championship. I didn't hear this in the premiership either.
    As mentioned I'm no expert, but do fans feel a small minority walked away because of the mindset of some fans?
    Lack of so called mindset? NP was no St. James's Park, no matter what **** say. We turned into a family club, something that I'm proud about.
    These so called fans walked away on principle? Yet were happy to put up with Clemo, Terlezki, Grogan (9 seated plane) Hamman and Risdale?
    Personally I think many of them miss a side of CCFC that most of us are delighted to see the end of.

I've had a few pints, I might be waffling a bit here.

Re: Fan against Fan?

I read that again, I've definitely drunk too much.

Do you live in Ireland? I thought you would have mentioned that once or twice before!

Yes I do.

Quote Originally Posted by Louth View Post
    Over the last few months I've read that Tan has set fan against fan. This is supposedly down to the change to red.
    Being from Ireland I'm no expert, but I can't keep thinking this is a load of bollox. I didn't hear this when we won the championship. I didn't hear this in the premiership either.
    As mentioned I'm no expert, but do fans feel a small minority walked away because of the mindset of some fans?
    Lack of so called mindset? NP was no St. James's Park, no matter what **** say. We turned into a family club, something that I'm proud about.
    These so called fans walked away on principle? Yet were happy to put up with Clemo, Terlezki, Grogan (9 seated plane) Hamman and Risdale?
    Personally I think many of them miss a side of CCFC that most of us are delighted to see the end of.

Clemo was the chairman with the 9 seated plane. Grogan was apparently pretty decent , but he was way before my time.

Ok, so let's get this straight. You live in Ireland so, presumably, didn't see some of the incidents and arguments I saw at CCS. Yet, from your vantage point in the Emerald Isles, you feel qualified enough to dismiss it as "bollux".

Please tell me you are exempt from things such as Jury service.

Quote Originally Posted by Badly Ironed Shirt View Post
    Ok, so let's get this straight. You live in Ireland so, presumably, didn't see some of the incidents and arguments I saw at CCS. Yet, from your vantage point in the Emerald Isles, you feel qualified enough to dismiss it as "bollux".

Please tell me you are exempt from things such as Jury service.
    Attendances were higher when we played in red while in the Championship.

Please tell me you're a member of the local drama group

I attend several games a season. Many friends are ST holders. Not once have I heard about this.
    Yo

I attend several games a season. Many friends are ST holders. Not once have I heard about this.
    Yo
    People still had the Riddler's price freeze back then. They counted ST holders who didn't show up. The telling thing is the number of ST holders that didn't renew after that offer expired

Yo
    a good part of that was the cut off point for season ticket purchases being well before the end of the premier league season.

So people were buying them in hope we'd stay up, then being lumped with watching the most unorganised football I've have ever witnessed with Solskjaer

edit - but I suppose we were red when we got promoted werent we...

We`ve obviously got a problem with returning fans and thats for them to decide in my book.
    from getting to the FA cup final to the change of colour and relegation from the Premier league we had added about 8 thousand fans on top of the 15 to 16 thousand we had averaged for 10 years before that.
    Those extra fans did n`t need much of excuse to disappear it`s as simple as that.
    I would concede there was a group of hard core support in that 8 thousand that would still be going if we never changed colour.

Quote Originally Posted by insider View Post
    We`ve obviously got a problem with returning fans and thats for them to decide in my book.
    from getting to the FA cup final to the change of colour and relegation from the Premier league we had added about 8 thousand fans on top of the 15 to 16 thousand we had averaged for 10 years before that.
    Those extra fans did n`t need much of excuse to disappear it`s as simple as that.
    I would concede there was a group of hard core support in that 8 thousand that would still be going if we never changed colour.
    I doubt if that hard core is over 1k. It would be interesting to know.

Quote Originally Posted by insider View Post
    They'll all be driving taxis in Cardiff in a few years time "I haven't been down the City since they changed the shirt colour". The "sold Toshack" taxi drivers will be dead by then.

Yo

A Keep Cardiff Blue meeting was gate crashed by a few fans who hurled abuse and threats at those in attendance.

A march before the Man City league game (I was at the march, but not at the game) saw a number of fans throwing insults at each other.

I was pushed by 2 blokes when doing a blue scarf raising protest at one game and was told "we play in effing red now".

Which part of fan v fan do those incidents fail to meet?

As far as the 1927 Club was concerned red certainly turned fan against fan.

Half stopped going and the other half are now called London Bluebirds.

Only one or two anti reds have come back to watch City.

Quote Originally Posted by BlueWales View Post
    As far as the 1927 Club was concerned red certainly turned fan against fan.

Half stopped going and the other half are now called London Bluebirds.

Only one or two anti reds have come back to watch City.
    If true, thats their loss. We are Cardiff City and play in blue again now. Whats the point in having a protest about wearing the red and then not coming back when they won the argument and the colurs were changed back ?.

Quote Originally Posted by dml1954 View Post
    If true, thats their loss. We are Cardiff City and play in blue again now. Whats the point in having a protest about wearing the red and then not coming back when they won the argument and the colurs were changed back ?.
    They're probably still protesting the Tan regime. And the indignity of having to have a Chinese dragon incorporated into our club crest.

Quote Originally Posted by NYCBlue View Post
    They're probably still protesting the Tan regime. And the indignity of having to have a Chinese dragon incorporated into our club crest.

Possibly but I dont remember them bringing that into the argument at the time - they just wanted the colours changed back, which they were. Perhaps they will never be happy. Dont see a problem with the altered crest personally - the bluebird is prominent and the dragon is important in Wales as well. Most clubs change their crest/badge regularly.

Possibly but I dont remember them bringing that into the argument at the time - they just wanted the colours changed back, which they were. Perhaps they will never be happy. Dont see a problem with the altered crest personally - the bluebird is prominent and the dragon is important in Wales as well. Most clubs change their crest/badge regularly.
    So they can sell more replica shirts at absurd prices.

I don't know. I'm just speculating. They obviously have their reasons.

Fan v Fan was a myth. Didnt see one argument over Tan ever. Not saying there werent any but if there was a big issue im sure id have seen something.

It's gone now and it's something I'd like to see left in the past.

Groundhog Day. Boring. Zzzzzzzzzzzzzz.

Quote Originally Posted by NYCBlue View Post
    Actually it's a Welsh dragon tail pointing up, chinese dragon tail is down

Quote Originally Posted by Hilts View Post
    Fan v Fan was a myth. Didnt see one argument over Tan ever. Not saying there werent any but if there was a big issue im sure id have seen something.
    I've seen a few arguments nearly come to blows where one is just trying to say let it go and support the team but only at away games. I don't get how bis can make out it was the red bullying blue because that simply wasn't true

Quote Originally Posted by Igovernor View Post
    Actually it's a Welsh dragon tail pointing up, chinese dragon tail is down
    You better tell Tan that.

“The new crest has been designed in house at Cardiff City,” said Tan. “It is very good and I am happy. The dragon this time is an Oriental dragon".