+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Fan against Fan?

Re: Fan against Fan?

Quote Originally Posted by Hilts View Post
    Fan v Fan was a myth. Didnt see one argument over Tan ever. Not saying there werent any but if there was a big issue im sure id have seen something.
    Of course it's a myth. Fans bursting into meetings issuing threats was all made up. History being conveniently rewritten here.

Quote Originally Posted by jamieccfc View Post
    I've seen a few arguments nearly come to blows where one is just trying to say let it go and support the team but only at away games. I don't get how bis can make out it was the red bullying blue because that simply wasn't true
    There were some alleged threats at the start and then lots of arguments, but fan v fan was unnecessary and anything that went beyond arguments is more a reflection on those .

Let's face it, we didn't need Tan to set fan v fan it's been going on as long as I can remember.

Even now we bizarrely have ex fans who delight in anything that doesn't go right and thus setting themselves against the remaining fans and they without doubt are the instigators now as those who still go have moved on without them

I've seen a few arguments nearly come to blows where one is just trying to say let it go and support the team but only at away games. I don't get how bis can make out it was the red bullying blue because that simply wasn't true
    Where did I say it was "red bullying blue"?

Quote Originally Posted by Lawnmower View Post
    There were some alleged threats at the start and then lots of arguments, but fan v fan was unnecessary and anything that went beyond arguments is more a reflection on those .

Let's face it, we didn't need Tan to set fan v fan it's been going on as long as I can remember.

Even now we bizarrely have ex fans who delight in anything that doesn't go right and thus setting themselves against the remaining fans and they without doubt are the instigators now as those who still go have moved on without them
    So much so that you run off to other forums to discuss one of those instigators! You haven't moved on, and neither has the club judging by the piss poor attendances in a promotion chasing season.

Quote Originally Posted by NYCBlue View Post
    They're probably still protesting the Tan regime. And the indignity of having to have a Chinese dragon incorporated into our club crest.
    Most I know refuse to go until Tan has left. The current badge is not a source of angst from speaking to a number of people I know who no longer attend.

Quote Originally Posted by jeremy corbyn View Post
    I doubt if that hard core is over 1k. It would be interesting to know.
    We will not know - but the crowds are barely hitting 18000, and the last season pre rebrand saw crowds never dipping below 20000 and the team were doing not so well in the League.

Quote Originally Posted by Badly Ironed Shirt View Post
    We will not know - but the crowds are barely hitting 18000, and the last season pre rebrand saw crowds never dipping below 20000 and the team were doing not so well in the League.
    Pre rebrand? So what was the average attendance the first season in red?

Quote Originally Posted by Louth View Post
    Pre rebrand? So what was the average attendance the first season in red?
    Over 22,000. Slightly higher than the previous couple of seasons.

Kinda funny that this subject gets brought up today of all days.

I remember a Cardiff fan getting punched out cold into the canton stand at ninian for allegedly looking at someone else, I remember mark Watkins (rip) relating a story on here about a fan throwing up on his partners handbag I think, I saw a bloke have another bloke by the throat at the Carling cup final and on and on in terms of fan v fan - over different eras for different reasons - some people like to use physical strength to prove their point - that won't change what tends to change is the subject/issue

Quote Originally Posted by Croesy Blue View Post
    Do you live in Ireland? I thought you would have mentioned that once or twice before!
    Relevant to the point he was making.

Quote Originally Posted by The Lone Gunman View Post

Like deja vu reading the same few people post the same lost almost word for word in the 15047382 thread.

Some people don't need to write their opinions, we know it word for word.

I don't get it if I decided that was it which I don't think I could I wouldn't get involved in anything Cardiff city never mind looking for any negative I could against the club each to their own I suppose

So much so that you run off to other forums to discuss one of those instigators! You haven't moved on, and neither has the club judging by the piss poor attendances in a promotion chasing season.
    They were already discussing you. Nothing I haven't said on here or would to your face.
    But then, unlike TLG, the late Mike Roderick etc.. all of whom I argued with, but got on with, ( argued the toss with Dave for bloody years before Tan was even thought of) because they were/are likeable people you are anonymous and seem only to want to try to bring everybody else down to your miserable level.

As for attendances that's a whole debate which has been done a thousand times before.

I don't get it if I decided that was it which I don't think I could I wouldn't get involved in anything Cardiff city never mind looking for any negative I could against the club each to their own I suppose
    This is still a football board, is it not? I still watch football, I still talk about the game, and I still value the opinions and friendships I have formed on here. I will be going to watch Cardiff at some point in the future, I just refuse to do so whilst Tan is at the club.

My presence on this board only becomes an issue when I say something ludicrously anti-Cardiff like Bennett's tackle on Sane was awful, and Cardiff fans should show a bit more dignity instead of "Pray for Sane" type threads.

Strangely, lawnmower has taken the debate to other forums - I remember him enjoying a thread I had on here that was detailing what I thought Cardiff needed on an opponent by opponent basis. As always with the lawnmower, it only becomes an issue if you have the gall to disagree with him.

He's being completely selective in claiming that there's always been a fan v fan issue at Cardiff. There is at every club, but 2012-13 took it to low levels from my observations. That other people didn't see some of the things I mentioned doesn't really mean that those things didn't happen - or does it?

They were already discussing you. Nothing I haven't said on here or would to your face.
    But then, unlike TLG, the late Mike Roderick etc.. all of whom I argued with, but got on with, ( argued the toss with Dave for bloody years before Tan was even thought of) because they were/are likeable people you are anonymous and seem only to want to try to bring everybody else down to your miserable level.

As for attendances that's a whole debate which has been done a thousand times before.
    There's only one thing worse than being talked about, and that's not being talked about.

If I gave you my name, what difference would it make?

Badly Ironed Shirt is Roath I'm 95% convinced of it

Quote Originally Posted by thehumblegringo View Post
    Badly Ironed Shirt is Roath I'm 95% convinced of it
    And, because you are convinced by this - it now becomes fact.

This is still a football board, is it not? I still watch football, I still talk about the game, and I still value the opinions and friendships I have formed on here. I will be going to watch Cardiff at some point in the future, I just refuse to do so whilst Tan is at the club.

My presence on this board only becomes an issue when I say something ludicrously anti-Cardiff like Bennett's tackle on Sane was awful, and Cardiff fans should show a bit more dignity instead of "Pray for Sane" type threads.

Strangely, lawnmower has taken the debate to other forums - I remember him enjoying a thread I had on here that was detailing what I thought Cardiff needed on an opponent by opponent basis. As always with the lawnmower, it only becomes an issue if you have the gall to disagree with him.

He's being completely selective in claiming that there's always been a fan v fan issue at Cardiff. There is at every club, but 2012-13 took it to low levels from my observations. That other people didn't see some of the things I mentioned doesn't really mean that those things didn't happen - or does it?
    Not just a case of disagreeing though is it. Check the thread. You would post about 4 times, mostly rubbish each time I mentioned anything, even when I was directly addressing someone else. Even when I agreed to disagree with him as it was becoming a waste of time.

I know I defend the club a lot and I'm certainly not ashamed of that. I think too few pander to those who hate us from the outside. If you look at other clubs there's plenty like me.

I also use my own personal experiences to make my mind up, rather than relying on others to do it for me.
    I'm happy with that.

However you seem unwilling to admit that you jump on every negative forvthe club with glee. If you can't see how that pisses off loyal fans of the club and leads them to think you are a weirdo then there's something wrong with you.

I have plenty of good debate on here with the other posters, it's just you who I find ridiculous.

End of debate for me

I would put you on ignore, but this board doesn't seem to have an ignore button.

😂

Not just a case of disagreeing though is it. Check the thread. You would post about 4 times, mostly rubbish each time I mentioned anything, even when I was directly addressing someone else. Even when I agreed to disagree with him as it was becoming a waste of time.

I know I defend the club a lot and I'm certainly not ashamed of that. I think too few pander to those who hate us from the outside. If you look at other clubs there's plenty like me.

I also use my own personal experiences to make my mind up, rather than relying on others to do it for me.
    I'm happy with that.

However you seem unwilling to admit that you jump on every negative forvthe club with glee. If you can't see how that pisses off loyal fans of the club and leads them to think you are a weirdo then there's something wrong with you.

I have plenty of good debate on here with the other posters, it's just you who I find ridiculous.

End of debate for me

I would put you on ignore, but this board doesn't seem to have an ignore button.

��

Just click on my profile and click on ignore user. Glad I can help you.

Just click on my profile and click on ignore user. Glad I can help you.
    Tried that. Doesn't work on the phone.

Tried that. Doesn't work on the phone.
    Then you're stuck with me, and my objectivity.

Quote Originally Posted by The Lone Gunman View Post
    32CA10F9-CFDD-473C-8134-D8B18E2484EA.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Morris View Post