+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Fan against Fan?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Re: Fan against Fan?

Quote Originally Posted by BlueWales View Post
    As far as the 1927 Club was concerned red certainly turned fan against fan.

Half stopped going and the other half are now called London Bluebirds.

Only one or two anti reds have come back to watch City.
    If true, thats their loss. We are Cardiff City and play in blue again now. Whats the point in having a protest about wearing the red and then not coming back when they won the argument and the colurs were changed back ?.

Quote Originally Posted by dml1954 View Post
    If true, thats their loss. We are Cardiff City and play in blue again now. Whats the point in having a protest about wearing the red and then not coming back when they won the argument and the colurs were changed back ?.
    They're probably still protesting the Tan regime. And the indignity of having to have a Chinese dragon incorporated into our club crest.

Quote Originally Posted by NYCBlue View Post
    They're probably still protesting the Tan regime. And the indignity of having to have a Chinese dragon incorporated into our club crest.

Possibly but I dont remember them bringing that into the argument at the time - they just wanted the colours changed back, which they were. Perhaps they will never be happy. Dont see a problem with the altered crest personally - the bluebird is prominent and the dragon is important in Wales as well. Most clubs change their crest/badge regularly.

Possibly but I dont remember them bringing that into the argument at the time - they just wanted the colours changed back, which they were. Perhaps they will never be happy. Dont see a problem with the altered crest personally - the bluebird is prominent and the dragon is important in Wales as well. Most clubs change their crest/badge regularly.
    So they can sell more replica shirts at absurd prices.

I don't know. I'm just speculating. They obviously have their reasons.

Actually it's a Welsh dragon tail pointing up, chinese dragon tail is down

Quote Originally Posted by Igovernor View Post
    Actually it's a Welsh dragon tail pointing up, chinese dragon tail is down
    You better tell Tan that.

“The new crest has been designed in house at Cardiff City,” said Tan. “It is very good and I am happy. The dragon this time is an Oriental dragon".

They're probably still protesting against the Tan regime. And the indignity of having to have a Chinese dragon incorporated into our club crest.
    Just put that right for you ex pat.