+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Leeds' goalkeeper and defender Jansson ....

Leeds' goalkeeper and defender Jansson ....

... I don't think I've seen such inept displays from ANY players in the Championship as these two gave yesterday. The 'keeper's confidence was obviously shot to pieces from the outset, but he wasn't helped by that bafoon in front of him, Jansson. The commentator said that Jansson was a Swedish international player ... surely not???

The pair of them were bordering on the comical at times - the 'keeper even drawing sarcastic cheers whenever he managed to hold the ball in both hands

... and still the Wurzels could not capatalise on that calamity of a defence Leeds had.

Re: Leeds' goalkeeper and defender Jansson ....

Quote Originally Posted by Rock_Flock_of_Five View Post
    ... I don't think I've seen such inept displays from ANY players in the Championship as these two gave yesterday. The 'keeper's confidence was obviously shot to pieces from the outset, but he wasn't helped by that bafoon in front of him, Jansson. The commentator said that Jansson was a Swedish international player ... surely not???

The pair of them were bordering on the comical at times - the 'keeper even drawing sarcastic cheers whenever he managed to hold the ball in both hands

... and still the Wurzels could not capatalise on that calamity of a defence Leeds had.
    I felt for the Leeds keeper he looked shot to pieces and even struggled with basics for a while such as kicking the ball.

I don't understand home fans though when they climb into their own players - around me in the ground etheridge and zohore come in for stick from the same people every week regardless of how they play. But the best I heard was at the Bolton game this week when a bloke said to his mate before we scored that he thought Warnock was making the side play shit as warnock didn't like the premiership - entertaining some of fans are!!

Quote Originally Posted by Nobody's Rep View Post
    I felt for the Leeds keeper he looked shot to pieces and even struggled with basics for a while such as kicking the ball.

I don't understand home fans though when they climb into their own players - around me in the ground etheridge and zohore come in for stick from the same people every week regardless of how they play. But the best I heard was at the Bolton game this week when a bloke said to his mate before we scored that he thought Warnock was making the side play shit as warnock didn't like the premiership - entertaining some of fans are!!

Parts of the media were saying that Leeds supporters were like a 12th man yesterday. However, as soon as they went 2-0 down they really turned on their team ... the sarcastic cheers when out whenever the 'keeper held on to the ball or if two teamates managed to find each other with a simple short pass - even cries of ... "We're shi* and we know we are" began to ring out.

That 'keeper needs dropping for his own sake, but as you said - it does nothing for the players'confidence when the home fans start getting on their backs like that.
    I know that Leeds have three first teamers out at the moment, one of them being the influential Saiz, but I couldn't help thinking how bereft of idea and ability they were. Hernandez being the only one who had any modicum of ball control.

Parts of the media were saying that Leeds supporters were like a 12th man yesterday. However, as soon as they went 2-0 down they really turned on their team ... the sarcastic cheers when out whenever the 'keeper held on to the ball or if two teamates managed to find each other with a simple short pass - even cries of ... "We're shi* and we know we are" began to ring out.

That 'keeper needs dropping for his own sake, but as you said - it does nothing for the players'confidence when the home fans start getting on their backs like that.
    I know that Leeds have three first teamers out at the moment, one of them being the influential Saiz, but I couldn't help thinking how bereft of idea and ability they were. Hernandez being the only one who had any modicum of ball control.
    When he wasn’t wriggling on the floor after diving

Quote Originally Posted by Llanedeyrnblue View Post
    When he wasn’t wriggling on the floor after diving
    I prefer the term "feeling contact".

Quote Originally Posted by Philbccfc View Post
    I prefer the term "feeling contact".
    Stewart downing felt a bit of contact on Saturday until they went one nil down !!

I am sure I saw something from leeds fans that said Hernandez was only ever any good at home but agreed he liked dangerous yesterday

Quote Originally Posted by Nobody's Rep View Post

Aye **** a record breaking promotion.

What mongs some 'fans" are.