+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Mame32

Mame32

I remember about 15 years ago having an old PC and somebody gave me a copy on a cd of Mame 32. It was all the old classic arcade games on a cd disk that I loaded up onto my PC.
    I've no longer got a PC or monitor but would definitely buy a cheap one if I could get mame already installed onto it and ready to play. Any ideas of where I'd start or if I bought an old PC could anybody do me a copy onto a disk obviously I'd pay you for it, I have no clue of how to download roms etc. So would just like to get a copy of it onto the PC I buy and be able to play straight away once I bought a joystick. I'm on a mission today to get this sorted.

Re: Mame32

Or if you don’t want to download you can play online

http://www.playretrogames.com/mame/all

Cheers Croesy Blue. I will save this thread and try it when I get a PC in next day or two

you will really need a very basic PC, so dont go spending too much on it

Last time i DL'ed the MAME set for someone, it was 50 gig from memory, i DL'ed it on the clients machine so didnt take a copy ( foolish i know, if i had, i would have sent you a copy )

If you really want a easy option, ebay for a fiver

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Retro-arc...-/232657492726

I Picked up 3 PC's for £48 delivered on ebay , which was more than fast enough to run MAME, the guy put all 3 in the " staff lounge " fort them to surf the net, play on MAME and like

screens are about £25 for a 17" screen

or just search on ebay for " desktop win 7 pc " and you will find hundreds of them, just make sure the PC has a DVD drive ( as some might not )

Damm you Bob

I am now looking at running the retro roms on the raspberry Pi

like i dont have enough to do with my time

Ordered the disk you left a link to.
    I live in Cwmbran and just seen this. Is this worth it?

https://rover.ebay.com/rover/0/0/0?m...2F263494033357

Actually, my Mrs just said I could have her laptop if I wanted it. It's a Toshiba satellite c855d -13N
    It has a joystick port on the side and a dvd player. I've very little experience in using a laptop.
    Will this be ok to run it on? I guess I'll just need to buy a joystick then?

Yeah it’ll work on a laptop

Quote Originally Posted by uncle bob View Post
    Ordered the disk you left a link to.
    I live in Cwmbran and just seen this. Is this worth it?

https://rover.ebay.com/rover/0/0/0?m...2F263494033357
    about 25 quid too much imho,

Actually, my Mrs just said I could have her laptop if I wanted it. It's a Toshiba satellite c855d -13N
    It has a joystick port on the side and a dvd player. I've very little experience in using a laptop.
    Will this be ok to run it on? I guess I'll just need to buy a joystick then?
    as Croesy Blue said, yes it'll run fine on it, always found that joysticks a little flakey on laptops, but give it a whirl, you have nothing to lose, if you cannot get it to go, we will dust ourselves down and go again

I run it on a raspberry pi zero with a SNES joypad on my TV - i did it for the kids to play on.......honestly!!
    Last edited by GL1Blue; 19-02-18 at 16:33. Reason: Can't spell.....

I ended up going for a cheap PC tower from eBay. Can you recommend a good simple joystick I should buy to play the games?

I ended up going for a cheap PC tower from eBay. Can you recommend a good simple joystick I should buy to play the games?
    what games you playing on ? ?

as a sad geek, i believe in the right controller for the games

This will be from China, but look on ebay for them from the UK if you want them quicker

SNES

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Wired-USB...kAAOSw4A5Y1IRc

A street fighter / Arcade / MAME type of joystick

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/USB-PC-St...m4383.l4275.c1

from the UK aswell

Quote Originally Posted by GL1Blue View Post
    I run it on a raspberry pi zero with a SNES joypad on my TV - i did it for the kids to play on.......honestly!!
    does it work ok on the Zero, as i have the first Pi and the Snes was a little cumbersome at times on it, the new 3 looks like the one to go for

Only games like donkey Kong, metro cross, pacland

Quote Originally Posted by blue matt View Post
    does it work ok on the Zero, as i have the first Pi and the Snes was a little cumbersome at times on it, the new 3 looks like the one to go for
    Works really well mate, used the latest pi zero w for mine, sure I ssh into it to add new games aswell

I've got my PC set up. I've put the cd rom inside the PC and no idea how I install it? Any ideas?
    When I put it into the dvd tray a list of files come up (9)
    Atari 2600
    Gameboy Advance
    Mame
    Nintendo 64
    Nintendo NES
    Sega master system
    Sega mega drive
    Snes
    Turbografx

What do I do from here any ideas? Lol

I've got my PC set up. I've put the cd rom inside the PC and no idea how I install it? Any ideas?
    When I put it into the dvd tray a list of files come up (9)
    Atari 2600
    Gameboy Advance
    Mame
    Nintendo 64
    Nintendo NES
    Sega master system
    Sega mega drive
    Snes
    Turbografx

What do I do from here any ideas? Lol
    the DVD should have readme files with instructions, but from memory of old installed

click on the emulator you want to install, so in your case MAME, you should see a .exe

something like mame0195b_32bit.exe

click on that and it should auto install

If I click on one of the above a list of individual games come up and if I click on one of them it's basically nothing to open and run a game

Hey blue matt. Any chance I can call you for 5 mins? To complicated to type it all

Not sure how I send a private message

click on his name and the option appears

Richyrich

If I click on one of the above a list of individual games come up and if I click on one of them it's basically nothing to open and run a game
    You need the roms by the sound of it.

https://www.emuparadise.me/Complete_..._File)_ROMs/37

Download and put in the roms folder of mame.

Richyrich

Hey blue matt. Any chance I can call you for 5 mins? To complicated to type it all
    Sorry mate, i went to watch some TV and fell asleep on the sofa, its a bit late now

will give you a bell tomorrow