+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Mame32

Re: Mame32

Quote Originally Posted by Richyrich View Post
    You need the roms by the sound of it.

https://www.emuparadise.me/Complete_..._File)_ROMs/37

Download and put in the roms folder of mame.
    the roms are on the DVD, but you are right, i would think he will need to install mame on the PC then move the roms over to the roms folder

I thought the DVD might just auto-install, thats why i recommended that DVD, as it looked a easy option

incase you want to try it tomorrow

here is my rough guide, from memory

Put your DVD in and you will see the 9 folders

right click on mame, then select copy

now go to your C drive and right click paste ( this should love all the mame files to your c drive )

double click on the mame folder on your c drive

you should see a mame.exe file, double click on that and it should install mame

( my guess ) is that the roms will be in the folder called roms

( this is from google ) Do not unzip the games... leave them as is.

when you have started up your mame, click on "All games" option, which should be located on the left column, to display the list of all games.

Scroll down to find the name of the game you just added.

here is a youtube video, of course the mame.exe version will be different, but you can see how it works

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sMWSbsFvpWQ

as i said, i will give you a bell tomorrow, but in Bristol in the morning, then up for the game, then straight to Swindon with the girls

Had it up and running for a bit but it's now saying. Unsupported 16 bit application.

The program or feature \??\C;\Mame\MAMENU.EXE cannot start or run due to incompatibility with 64 bit versions of Windows.
    Had it working 5 mins ago but nowhere has the
    .Exe file come up after copying the files into the C drive.
    I got game working once by clicking on the yellow icon called MAMEW file which is a Application File

Richyrich

you want the 64 bit version of mame from here.

http://mamedev.org/release.html

I am lost on this richy. No idea on computers especially Windows 10. I used to just get by on Xp but this Windows 10 is completely different

Having a go at downloading a link again tonight, determined to get this up and running tonight, got an error message saying mame 32 could not find directdraw mode large enough for 512x512, uncheck the double display size option

Quote Originally Posted by uncle bob View Post
    Having a go at downloading a link again tonight, determined to get this up and running tonight, got an error message saying mame 32 could not find directdraw mode large enough for 512x512, uncheck the double display size option
    Have you tried the 64bit one that Richyrich linked

2nd one down

file

mame0195b_64bit.exe

it should run and extract to a Folder, call it MAME

In that folder should have another called ROMS

on your DVD, right click on the folder roms, then move cursor ( arrow ) to copy

then in your MAME folder on your C drive ( the one you created when you extracted it to the MAME folder )

right click and paste

all the roms on your dvd will then be moved to your MAME folder

start up MAME ( the icon will be a M in your MAME folder on your C drive )

The rom folder is already in the mame folder.

I've tried downloading it again from the mame site and about to sing it down 3 flights of stairs. I hate windows 10

Quote Originally Posted by uncle bob View Post
    The rom folder is already in the mame folder.
    but the one on your C drive will be empty, thus you need to move them from your DVD drive to the C drive

Mame folder was one of 9 I transferred to my c drive and when I click on the mame folder now in my c drive it opens up with about 50 different folders including the rom drive?