http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/education-43106736

Genuinely feels like a big moment but I can't figure out what has sparked it. When Labour took on board the concerns of students and young people it was seen by many on here and across the media as a cynical attempt to purchase votes. Is this sudden change in direction a realisation that the system is broke or just lip service being paid to a subset of society whose political awareness and activity is experiencing a slow steady growth?

The current system is awful, taxpayer nor student has any idea what the degree course will cost them. They are paying interest before they even open a book on day one and a lot of courses do not appear to offer value for money.

It is laughable that the party of 'economic credibility' are insisting they didn't realise that universities would all charge top whack. This ham-fisted quasi-privatisation isn't a good fit for further education. It was ideology over logic and they may potentially realise that with the review.

I think someone needs to ask May the question that tripped Corbyn up. If the fee system changes as a result of this review then what happens to those between the ages of 18 and 30ish who got the raw end of the deal. Corbyn said he would 'deal with it' in his usual 'no flesh on the bones' style and got hammered. I don't know what May would say but would it really be fair for a generation to be paying more than those before them and more than those after just because they happened to be heading into further education at the wrong time.

Fwiw I am not completely sold on a free system but when senior civil servants, private industry leaders and politicians all went to university for free and benefitted greatly, the current system (implemented by that very generation) seems sick and twisted. Maybe they should pay a bit more...