+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Wigan v Man City on tv

Wigan v Man City on tv

Just watching this. Not a bad game so far. Wigan giving as good as they are getting. Quite a few niggly fouls. Sane running around like a spring chicken, surprise surprise. Annoying though before the game, commentators/pundits discussing Joe Bennetts 'hideous' tackle on Sane and showed it in ultra slow motion again, then in first couple of minutes Wigan player took out Aguero with a studs up, knee high follow through from a tackle, which could have broke his leg and Jermaine Jenas said that he didn't think it was a foul or booking as he got the ball first !!. Commentator agreed. Double standards if you ask me.

Re: Wigan v Man City on tv

That number 2 the right back having a decent game... that cross though? If in doubt hit it low and hard

Poor sane out for the season

Ha ha ha ha ha , take that you murdering Mancs . They don't like it up em captain mainwaring

Well well.

That wasn't a red.

Quote Originally Posted by dembethewarrior View Post
    Well well.

That wasn't a red.
    I thought it was, studs showing.

If Bennett’s challenge on Sane warranted a red,then so did that.Both reckless and both potentially dangerous.But of course,the narrative from the arse lickers in the studio is that it wasn’t a red.

Well well.

That wasn't a red.
    It was worse than Joe's as it was directly into the front of his leg rather than from the back/side. That really is a leg breaker if the other player is unlucky as the leg can't give way if properly planted

Quote Originally Posted by Louth View Post
    I thought it was, studs showing.
    You should be allowed to slide in.. Just looked and his studs did come up.
    Id just didn't think it was after 1 look..
    After 10 clips of it now I can see the argument for a red. I'd personally put it in the top tier of a yellow.

Quote Originally Posted by dml1954 View Post
    Just watching this. Not a bad game so far. Wigan giving as good as they are getting. Quite a few niggly fouls. Sane running around like a spring chicken, surprise surprise. Annoying though before the game, commentators/pundits discussing Joe Bennetts 'hideous' tackle on Sane and showed it in ultra slow motion again, then in first couple of minutes Wigan player took out Aguero with a studs up, knee high follow through from a tackle, which could have broke his leg and Jermaine Jenas said that he didn't think it was a foul or booking as he got the ball first !!. Commentator agreed. Double standards if you ask me.
    Can’t believe some of our fans, still denying how bad Bennett’s tackle was!

You should be allowed to slide in.. Just looked and his studs did come up.
    Id just didn't think it was after 1 look..
    After 10 clips of it now I can see the argument for a red. I'd personally put it in the top tier of a yellow.
    I would too. If a Wigan player did that, the response of the analysts might have been different.

Quote Originally Posted by Louth View Post
    I would too. If a Wigan player did that, the response of the analysts might have been different.
    No doubt

Quote Originally Posted by William Treseder View Post
    Well he is back playing already. How bad could it have been?

There's about 50 pages on that tackle on another thread mind lads

Hard to believe that it's 82-12 possession wise looking on flashscores.

Quote Originally Posted by William Treseder View Post
    Sorry but I didnt say that at all. It was obviously a bad tackle but I am having a go at the double standards of the media and tv people who have gone on totally hysterically about it for weeks whilst not criticising other bad tackles they have seen since, including the one tonight which got Delph sent off. He made the tackle whilst looking the other way.

Quote Originally Posted by Penarth Blues View Post
    It was worse than Joe's as it was directly into the front of his leg rather than from the back/side. That really is a leg breaker if the other player is unlucky as the leg can't give way if properly planted
    Delph wasnt even looking at the ball or player at the point of impact - he turned his head away, obviously knowing he was going to clatter the player. How any of the commentators can say its not a red card after all the hysteria around Joe Bennetts tackle is beyond me. Delph was wound up by something that happened just before on the other side of the pitch.

I was more interested in Guardiola's reaction. He's such a sanctimonious gobshite when things don't go his way. His tantrums are laughable. He's so used to seeing things go his way, he can't handle it when they don't. Yes, they're great to watch and good on him for promoting entertaining football. However, his team can dish it out when they want to. He gets on his pulpit when an opposing player offends against one of his players, but goes nuts when it's the other way around.

Why are quite a few rows of seats at the front of the stands around the pitch out of use ?. This is affecting the crowd and money Wigan are taking surely.

Sorry but I didnt say that at all. It was obviously a bad tackle but I am having a go at the double standards of the media and tv people who have gone on totally hysterically about it for weeks whilst not criticising other bad tackles they have seen since, including the one tonight which got Delph sent off. He made the tackle whilst looking the other way.
    So saying “Sane is running around like a spring chicken, surprise surprise,” isn’t trying to make light of Bennett’s tackle?

They'll have a suspension now - they'll be down to only 19 £50 million + players

Poor dabs will have to go out and try and nick the best player from a rival club for £70 million

Pray for Pep - its just not fair

Why are quite a few rows of seats at the front of the stands around the pitch out of use ?. This is affecting the crowd and money Wigan are taking surely.
    Probably deliberate so they can cover them with tarpaulin, so as to make it look as if there are no seats there and therefore that the stand is full?

Quote Originally Posted by Gnojek View Post
    I was more interested in Guardiola's reaction. He's such a sanctimonious gobshite when things don't go his way. His tantrums are laughable. He's so used to seeing things go his way, he can't handle it when they don't. Yes, they're great to watch and good on him for promoting entertaining football. However, his team can dish it out when they want to. He gets on his pulpit when an opposing player offends against one of his players, but goes nuts when it's the other way around.
    Wigan boy should have nutted the Keunt!

Looking at the man City kit reminded me of our mauve kit. Be a good away choice next season?

Quote Originally Posted by binman View Post
    They'll have a suspension now - they'll be down to only 19 £50 million + players

Poor dabs will have to go out and try and nick the best player from a rival club for £70 million

Pray for Pep - its just not fair
    Only spent over 50 million twice I believe.

Alan Shearer is a hypocrite. He is still saying it wasnt a bad tackle even after watching it in slow motion four or five times. He is blindly backing up his colleague Jenas in spite of the evidence showing otherwise. You could tell wnen he was talking through it in slowmo that he realised what he was saying was rubbish but he still carried on. If it had been a Wigan player he would have said the exact opposite.