Thread: 5 years ago today

Re: 5 years ago today

Quote Originally Posted by J R Hartley View Post
    Bullshit
    Oh, I must have imagined it then.

Quote Originally Posted by Badly Ironed Shirt View Post
    Oh, I must have imagined it then.
    The 27 minute protests started after you say you stopped going.

Quote Originally Posted by J R Hartley View Post
    The 27 minute protests started after you say you stopped going.
    There was a 27th minute protest at that game - or a protest on 19:27 - one of the two. It was a muted protest, but a few stood up with blue scarves - the two blokes behind me asked me and the bloke I was sat next to to "effing" sit down, the ball was out of play so we weren't causing them to miss any of the game. The bloke sat next to me sat down, I stayed up and the blokes behind me pulled me back into my seat.

I know that, when Cardiff started losing the following season, the 27 minute protest became more of a thing, but just because it was more of a thing that season, it doesn't mean that there wasn't a "sporadic" protest at the Brighton game.

https://www.flickr.com/photos/joncan...57632804814323

Here's Jon Candy's photos from the same game

I reported this on Feb 14th, 2013 - Just come across it. I'd forgotten they actually promoted it. Still them days have gone but with a lot of casualties.

http://www.cardiffcity-mad.co.uk/new...04/index.shtml

Are they having a scarf?

Cardiff City are handing out over 20,000 free scarves to fans at the City v Brighton game next Tuesday.

They will of course be red and carry the current red dragon logo. The incentive to wear / wave the scarf for the remaining home games of the season is that if you are the lucky fan photographed and selected by the club with the free gift you will get the cost of your season ticket refunded.

It's marketing genius and will no doubt be a huge success but in my mind it's another step towards ridding the club of blue and the Bluebirds. In the longer term the mindset from the owners is Malaysia FC. Only last week Vincent Tan was quoted as saying that QPR v Cardiff in the Premier League would be a Malaysia derby! What? The vision appears to be a club representing Malaysia, not Cardiff.

Just playing in red with a red badge hasn't had the desired affect in the stadium with many fans still wearing and waving blue. So now the club are trying to force the change.

The promotion from the club via email follows:

The cold-snap seems intent on snapping further every week, so next Tuesday night as we host Brighton, we will be giving every Cardiff City supporter a FREE high quality scarf as a means to keep warm, the club saying a big thank you for your support this season.

Each scarf will be handed out on arrival at the stadium - for this game only - and will become your special entry pass into our 2013/14 season ticket competition for the rest of the campaign.

During every home game from Tuesday until the final fixture we will be keeping our cameras tracked on supporters wearing or waving their 'City scarf. Photos will be taken in the concourses, stands, hospitality areas and more, forming a part of our post match FACEBOOK galleries.

After each game we will publish the photo of each lucky winner - and if it's YOU, we will refund your season ticket for the season ahead. Check our Facebook page, giving us a LIKE while you're there to make sure you get notified as soon as the galleries go live, including the winning photo!

Good luck one and all. We hope you enjoy your free gift and make sure to bring it to every game as we push for glory!!

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Morris View Post
    I reported this on Feb 14th, 2013 - Just come across it. I'd forgotten they actually promoted it. Still them days have gone but with a lot of casualties.

http://www.cardiffcity-mad.co.uk/new...04/index.shtml

Are they having a scarf?

Cardiff City are handing out over 20,000 free scarves to fans at the City v Brighton game next Tuesday.

They will of course be red and carry the current red dragon logo. The incentive to wear / wave the scarf for the remaining home games of the season is that if you are the lucky fan photographed and selected by the club with the free gift you will get the cost of your season ticket refunded.

It's marketing genius and will no doubt be a huge success but in my mind it's another step towards ridding the club of blue and the Bluebirds. In the longer term the mindset from the owners is Malaysia FC. Only last week Vincent Tan was quoted as saying that QPR v Cardiff in the Premier League would be a Malaysia derby! What? The vision appears to be a club representing Malaysia, not Cardiff.

Just playing in red with a red badge hasn't had the desired affect in the stadium with many fans still wearing and waving blue. So now the club are trying to force the change.

The promotion from the club via email follows:

The cold-snap seems intent on snapping further every week, so next Tuesday night as we host Brighton, we will be giving every Cardiff City supporter a FREE high quality scarf as a means to keep warm, the club saying a big thank you for your support this season.

Each scarf will be handed out on arrival at the stadium - for this game only - and will become your special entry pass into our 2013/14 season ticket competition for the rest of the campaign.

During every home game from Tuesday until the final fixture we will be keeping our cameras tracked on supporters wearing or waving their 'City scarf. Photos will be taken in the concourses, stands, hospitality areas and more, forming a part of our post match FACEBOOK galleries.

After each game we will publish the photo of each lucky winner - and if it's YOU, we will refund your season ticket for the season ahead. Check our Facebook page, giving us a LIKE while you're there to make sure you get notified as soon as the galleries go live, including the winning photo!

Good luck one and all. We hope you enjoy your free gift and make sure to bring it to every game as we push for glory!!
    Oh yeah, I forgot all about that gimmick. In Tan's defence, I don't think it was actually his idea - but the rumours were that it was Julian Jenkins' idea.

There was a 27th minute protest at that game - or a protest on 19:27 - one of the two. It was a muted protest, but a few stood up with blue scarves - the two blokes behind me asked me and the bloke I was sat next to to "effing" sit down, the ball was out of play so we weren't causing them to miss any of the game. The bloke sat next to me sat down, I stayed up and the blokes behind me pulled me back into my seat.

I know that, when Cardiff started losing the following season, the 27 minute protest became more of a thing, but just because it was more of a thing that season, it doesn't mean that there wasn't a "sporadic" protest at the Brighton game.

https://www.flickr.com/photos/joncan...57632804814323

Here's Jon Candy's photos from the same game
    JR is a known troll, stop biting :)

Quote Originally Posted by Blooburd View Post
    JR is a known troll, stop biting :)
    JR isn't a troll - I can happily disagree with him on some things, and agree with him on others. He's a good football poster, and although I rarely see eye to eye with him, he discusses the topic rather than the personalities.

JR isn't a troll - I can happily disagree with him on some things, and agree with him on others. He's a good football poster, and although I rarely see eye to eye with him, he discusses the topic rather than the personalities.
    Blooturd is a known troll, stop biting :)

The bogs under the canton stand were blocked with red scarves , best place for them

But as has been pointed out , that's old news now

Quote Originally Posted by chris lee View Post
    I remember a few of us tried to set up a protest for that game, to throw our scarfs onto the pitch in the 27th minute, multiple posts on both forums, facebook pages ect, think about 10 people including me did it, I lost a lot of respect for our fan base after that.
    Sorry but I couldn't join in the protest cos I didn't pick up a red scarf in the first place