+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 5 years ago today

5 years ago today

Re: 5 years ago today

happy days

Thanks for the reminder, and spoiling my joy at the Mancs result.

Mine is rolled up in a cubby hole in the boot of my car. Where it has been since full time of the game against Brighton.

It was freezing that night

By pure chance I was back in the UK for that match, and I felt dirty wearing it...but it was feckin' cold that night!

And it was free....(but then again so are STDs.)

It was a master plan. Coldest night for ages and I for one wore that scarf for the warmth. I mean, it was an ugly scarf ffs I wouldn't have wore it for any other reason. And I imagine people will be sceptical about that, but it's the truth. And i think many other fans were wearing it for the same reason as I was.

I often think i should throw mine toward the pitch in a show of defiance even this many years on.

Quote Originally Posted by WJ99mobile View Post
    A few traitors wearing blue in there!

Ugh.

If you wore it to keep out the cold, couldn't you have actually taken your own scarf to an open air event on a cold night in February?

Quote Originally Posted by Bluebirdman Of Alcathays View Post
    If you wore it to keep out the cold, couldn't you have actually taken your own scarf to an open air event on a cold night in February?
    Do you mean pay for one?!

I thought the excitement of a match in the middle of a promotion charge would be warming enough, but alas it wasn't a good game to attend.

We are second in the league again and this is 2nd thread in two days to bring up the rebrand. Brilliant

Quote Originally Posted by thehumblegringo View Post
    We are second in the league again and this is 2nd thread in two days to bring up the rebrand. Brilliant
    Its an anniversary - and we should never forget, to make sure it never happens again!

Quote Originally Posted by thehumblegringo View Post
    Shame it can't be put to bed once and for all.I am just thankful for what we have now which is much better than for the vast majority of the time I have supported this club.

People go crazy for free shit. Nothing more nothing less. If they were white you still would have had grown men trying to get more than one.

Time to forget this. We play in blue now, we have a good team and a great manager. Leave it rest now.

Quote Originally Posted by GRUMPYS DEN View Post
    Shame it can't be put to bed once and for all.I am just thankful for what we have now which is much better than for the vast majority of the time I have supported this club.
    This.

If they offered shit on a stick for free people would take it

Give a feckin rest

I remember a few of us tried to set up a protest for that game, to throw our scarfs onto the pitch in the 27th minute, multiple posts on both forums, facebook pages ect, think about 10 people including me did it, I lost a lot of respect for our fan base after that.

Quote Originally Posted by Badly Ironed Shirt View Post
    Thanks to Tan's mum
    I used to think you sometimes had useful things to offer a thread but I can't remember the last time you offered anything other than the same tired observations. I wonder if there's anyone left in Wales who doesn't know you're a bit pissed off with what happened?

Quote Originally Posted by Penarth Blues View Post
    I used to think you sometimes had useful things to offer a thread but I can't remember the last time you offered anything other than the same tired observations. I wonder if there's anyone left in Wales who doesn't know you're a bit pissed off with what happened?

To be fair, what can I offer in this thread that hasn't already been said? I was being flippant, and I was also making a thinly veiled joke about Tan bottling his chance to apologise for splitting the fan base. I honestly can't work out what was handled worse - the first rebrand, the first reversal, the second rebrand, or the second reversal. As per yesterday, I think people are being selective about which posts of mine they take interest in and remember.

Quote Originally Posted by chris lee View Post
    I remember a few of us tried to set up a protest for that game, to throw our scarfs onto the pitch in the 27th minute, multiple posts on both forums, facebook pages ect, think about 10 people including me did it, I lost a lot of respect for our fan base after that.
    I was pushed back to my seat by two blokes, purely for standing on 27 minutes with my blue scarf aloft. I went to two games after that, and that's me done with the club until Tan sods off.

Quote Originally Posted by Badly Ironed Shirt View Post
    I was pushed back to my seat by two blokes, purely for standing on 27 minutes with my blue scarf aloft. I went to two games after that, and that's me done with the club until Tan sods off.
    Bullshit