Quote Originally Posted by life on mars View Post
I dont doubt any of his his know skills and how he operates in the very best clubs ,however my view is about all round skills including adveristy and that is perhaps one should be measured .

Fergie for instance created a team from relatively low cost youth side , Busby turned a shattered side into a great one , Shankley did much the same , Wenger again a manager who without breaking the bank changed the very ethos of football training ,diet , nutertion , and tactics, think Pepe has been in a lucky place with a number of very wealthy clubs , the others I would say built greatness, uniquness , over a period , and that for me puts them in a better place , than set up self built club just to conveintly step into, i'm sure he's very capable, fully proven ?? not for me .
Perhaps Pep has been with the very best clubs because hes recognised as the very best coach in the world.

What your saying is like saying Messi isnt the best player in the world until he goes and does what he does whilst playing for Burnley or Stoke.

Pep brought youth through at Barcelona just as Fergie did at United. Fergie also broke British transfer record, after British transfer record signing players, its not like he didnt do it without money. Tacticallty Fergie was always found wanting against Pep. Yes the Arsene Wenger who originally come to this country was a breath of fresh air and helped changed the ethos in this country in terms of players looking after themsleves, but as for tactics you dont think Pep has an ethos that extends far beyond this country. Wenger hasnt even won the Champions League yet hes a great and Pep isnt?!?!!

Its not even worth comparing football to the eras of Shankley and Busby because its a completely different game.