+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: 'Pep'

'Pep'

Always 'Pep'. Also used to me the same with 'Jose'. Never hear 'Tony' though, even though Pullis spent best part of 15 years in the Premiership.

The pundits obviously have something like a schoolgirl crush on him..

Re: 'Pep'

Isn’t it just what catches on? Big Sam, Sir Alex, Malky but Pochettino and Conte.

They get called Guardiola and Mourinho a lot too.

Quote Originally Posted by Croesy Blue View Post
    Isn’t it just what catches on? Big Sam, Sir Alex, Malky but Pochettino and Conte.

They get called Guardiola and Mourinho a lot too.
    maybe

They definitely have their favourites though but I imagine it’s more being at a big club that swings it.

Best manager in the world by a country mile.

Quote Originally Posted by J R Hartley View Post
    With hefty financial backing to buy the best in the world.

Until we see another side of his skill sets ie managing on a tight budget how would we ever know .

Quote Originally Posted by life on mars View Post

Until we see another side of his skill sets ie managing on a tight budget how would we ever know .
    People talk like having lots of money makes it easy but it comes with just as many challenges as managing a team on a budget.

Mourinho has a huge budget and is nowhere near the level Pep is. The 3 City managers before Pep had a huge budget and were no where near this level.

I think he should manage a shit team and see how well he does is such a tired cliché these days, managing a team with lots of money just comes with different challenges.

It isn’t easier, it’s just different.

You say that like hes the only top coach who has hefty financial backing.

He makes already top players into even better players. Look what hes done with Sterling ffs. No coincidence KDB has become probably the best midfielder in the world under him.

John Stones and Kyle Walker look better than ever playing under him too. Easily the best manager about for me.

You say that like hes the only top coach who has hefty financial backing.

He makes already top players into even better players. Look what hes done with Sterling ffs. No coincidence KDB has become probably the best midfielder in the world under him.
    I dont doubt any of his his know skills and how he operates in the very best clubs ,however my view is about all round skills including adveristy and that is perhaps one should be measured .

Fergie for instance created a team from relatively low cost youth side , Busby turned a shattered side into a great one , Shankley did much the same , Wenger again a manager who without breaking the bank changed the very ethos of football training ,diet , nutertion , and tactics, think Pepe has been in a lucky place with a number of very wealthy clubs , the others I would say built greatness, uniquness , over a period , and that for me puts them in a better place , than set up self built club just to conveintly step into, i'm sure he's very capable, fully proven ?? not for me .

I dont doubt any of his his know skills and how he operates in the very best clubs ,however my view is about all round skills including adveristy and that is perhaps one should be measured .

Fergie for instance created a team from relatively low cost youth side , Busby turned a shattered side into a great one , Shankley did much the same , Wenger again a manager who without breaking the bank changed the very ethos of football training ,diet , nutertion , and tactics, think Pepe has been in a lucky place with a number of very wealthy clubs , the others I would say built greatness, uniquness , over a period , and that for me puts them in a better place , than set up self built club just to conveintly step into, i'm sure he's very capable, fully proven ?? not for me .

Fergie broken the transfer record nearly every other season.

Did he spend loads at Barca? People say he inherited an easy job but they weren’t that special for a few years before he was in charge.

Perhaps Pep has been with the very best clubs because hes recognised as the very best coach in the world.

What your saying is like saying Messi isnt the best player in the world until he goes and does what he does whilst playing for Burnley or Stoke.

Pep brought youth through at Barcelona just as Fergie did at United. Fergie also broke British transfer record, after British transfer record signing players, its not like he didnt do it without money. Tacticallty Fergie was always found wanting against Pep. Yes the Arsene Wenger who originally come to this country was a breath of fresh air and helped changed the ethos in this country in terms of players looking after themsleves, but as for tactics you dont think Pep has an ethos that extends far beyond this country. Wenger hasnt even won the Champions League yet hes a great and Pep isnt?!?!!

Its not even worth comparing football to the eras of Shankley and Busby because its a completely different game.

Honestly look up pep's time at Barcelona b. If people actually spent the time to read about him they wouldn't post such nonsense but then again

Quote Originally Posted by Croesy Blue View Post
    Did he spend loads at Barca? People say he inherited an easy job but they weren’t that special for a few years before he was in charge.
    One of the first things he done when made manager of barca was to say ronaldinhio has to go bearing in mind he was considered one of if not the best player in the world

Quote Originally Posted by jamieccfc View Post
    One of the first things he done when made manager of barca was to say ronaldinhio has to go bearing in mind he was considered one of if not the best player in the world
    he was the best player for youtube highlights at the time, but performing ofr a whole game was becoming a rarity

Quote Originally Posted by Rjk View Post
    he was the best player for youtube highlights at the time, but performing ofr a whole game was becoming a rarity
    He was out in nightclubs most of the time. But I don't think many managers never mind your first shot at a big club would make the first decision of getting rid of him he'd won the ball on dor 2 years before I think

He was out in nightclubs most of the time. But I don't think many managers never mind your first shot at a big club would make the first decision of getting rid of him he'd won the ball on dor 2 years before I think
    yeah you're right there

Best player ever for me for that couple of years when he was bang on his game at Barca.

Best player ever for me for that couple of years when he was bang on his game at Barca.
    He was unbelievable even got the bernebeu to applaud him. First time I really saw him was the 2002 world cup and the last great Brazil side with the 3 R' s upfront

He was unbelievable even got the bernebeu to applaud him. First time I really saw him was the 2002 world cup and the last great Brazil side with the 3 R' s upfront
    Not only applaud but stand up and applaud. He was sensational that night.

Ask Malky how he got on in the prem with decent backing.

Or how Everton have done this year.

Until he takes a job at Steveage Borough and guides them to Champions League glory, the jury will be out

Quote Originally Posted by EastbourneBlue View Post
    Until he takes a job at Steveage Borough and guides them to Champions League glory, the jury will be out
    Might teach him how to be a better loser if nothing else.