Quote Originally Posted by MacAdder View Post
Some people just cannot let go of the past.

The said people I'd wager are a cluster of closet Liverpool fans with axes to grind because their beloved team have won very little of anything worth winning in their lifetimes.
Whereas in contrast Giggs, Manager of Wales, the most decorated British footballer of all time, the arch nemesis of them all, continues to thrive in the game.

I try and steer clear of this type of thread but tonight I'm feeling weak.

How long are we going to debate the man in this tedious manner and derail potentially decent threads?
He's the Boss of Wales whether we like it or not and if we are Welsh, we should be firmly behind the man, no matter what has gone on previously.
Do we want Wales to continue to build on others' fantastic work and progress to the next level or do we want to see us fail because of one man?
The notion that people might choose the latter is ludicrous.

It does make one wonder whether those that appear to spout their bitterness at Giggs are not just bitter ManU haters or WUMs but if they are even Welsh.
I'm not sure anyone has said they want Wales to fail.

I have a personal problem with Giggs - the main one being that I don't think he will be loyal. If Wales get off to a flyer in qualifying and, say, the Southampton job becomes available - I have the impression Giggs will be gone. However, make no assumptions here, but I think that, as soon as Wales kick off their first game, all that will be put to one side as everyone will be hoping for a Wales win. No doubt there are people out there who want Giggs to fail for various reasons, but that will be a small group of people surely?