+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Wales to bank £1m from Ryan Giggs’ debut in China Cup but . .

Wales to bank £1m from Ryan Giggs’ debut in China Cup but . .

. . the Chinese Football Association will deduct the sum of £100,000 and £50,000 respectively from Wales’ match fee if Bale and Ramsey are not available for the trip to the Far East.

https://www.thesun.co.uk/sport/footb...tatement:Sport

Re: Wales to bank £1m from Ryan Giggs’ debut in China Cup but . .

I’m sure they will be there (injury dependant).

You cant blame them really, they ain't rocking up to see Chris Gunter appear are they

How much for Ryan Giggs to show?

It must be 150k just for Ashley Williams to play.

Bloody expensive Chinese takeaway

Quote Originally Posted by binman View Post
    How much for Ryan Giggs to show?
    I find it funny how Giggs first game as manager is at something he would never have gone to as a player, which in turn if it happens today ( with Bale and Rambo ) would mean the FAW would lose money

its irony at its best

Quote Originally Posted by Fatty Foggon View Post
    . . the Chinese Football Association will deduct the sum of £100,000 and £50,000 respectively from Wales’ match fee if Bale and Ramsey are not available for the trip to the Far East.

https://www.thesun.co.uk/sport/footb...tatement:Sport
    I'd want more of a guarantee than that. Assuming there's no other guarantees for say Joe Allen, Sam Vokes, Ben Davies China could be paying £850,000 to see a bunch of unknowns.

Quote Originally Posted by blue matt View Post
    I find it funny how Giggs first game as manager is at something he would never have gone to as a player, which in turn if it happens today ( with Bale and Rambo ) would mean the FAW would lose money

its irony at its best
    ^^^^^^^^

This.

its irony at its best
    Completely agree.

To quote my friend from Seattle, "The guy is a weiner."

Quote Originally Posted by ninianclark View Post
    He wont go himself, he will rely on somebody else to manage the team for him. He'll start limping about a week before the trip and pull out a few days before.

I hope Bale, Ramsey do pull out - feck the 150k - karma coming back to bite him on the @rse
    I must admit I hope both go and wales win the tournament

Quote Originally Posted by life on mars View Post
    You cant blame them really, they ain't rocking up to see Chris Gunter appear are they
    He's what they're paying the £850,000 for

Quote Originally Posted by jamieccfc View Post
    I must admit I hope both go and wales win the tournament
    So do most normal fans. Giggs won't be out of pocket if bale and Ramsey don't play it will be the faw and in turn probably grassroots football which will suffer. But at least it will be worth it so some knob heads can have a go at the manager because he missed a friendly against Jamaica 25years ago

Quote Originally Posted by ken smith View Post
    So do most normal fans. Giggs won't be out of pocket if bale and Ramsey don't play it will be the faw and in turn probably grassroots football which will suffer. But at least it will be worth it so some knob heads can have a go at the manager because he missed a friendly against Jamaica 25years ago
    £1m will be huge for the FAW, winning will help alleviate some of the discontent following Giggs' appointment and will get him off to the bast start possible. Plus its silverware

Any Welsh fan who doesn't want Wales to win needs to take a look at themselves

You make it sound like he missed just one friendly. He also missed competitive games when Wales got off to a bad start. And, if you think the FAW will invest the money into grass roots football, then I think you're likely to be disappointed.

Quote Originally Posted by Badly Ironed Shirt View Post
    You make it sound like he missed just one friendly. He also missed competitive games when Wales got off to a bad start. And, if you think the FAW will invest the money into grass roots football, then I think you're likely to be disappointed.
    He missed competitive games when there was no chance of progressing, and meaningless friendlies.

Not sure anyone has said they hope we lose

Not sure anyone has said they hope we lose
    In fact, no-one has said that. Still, doesn't stop it becoming a fact that we all want Wales to lose

Quote Originally Posted by Rjk View Post
    He missed competitive games when there was no chance of progressing, and meaningless friendlies.
    Yes, that's what I said.

Quote Originally Posted by Badly Ironed Shirt View Post
    In fact, no-one has said that. Still, doesn't stop it becoming a fact that we all want Wales to lose
    I said wanted Wales to lose money, not lose the matches. Read it back you self righteous bore.

I said wanted Wales to lose money, not lose the matches. Read it back you self righteous bore.
    No, that's not true now is it?

You responded to a post that read "Originally Posted by jamieccfc View Post
    I must admit I hope both go and wales win the tournament"
    With

"So do most normal fans. Giggs won't be out of pocket if bale and Ramsey don't play it will be the faw and in turn probably grassroots football which will suffer. But at least it will be worth it so some knob heads can have a go at the manager because he missed a friendly against Jamaica 25years ago"

And, like I say, he missed more than just the Jamaica friendly. He also missed competitive games when Wales started poorly.

Yours Sincerely

Self-righteous bore

Replied to Jamie agreeing with him that most normal fans want Wales to win. Then expressed an opinion some people want players not to turn up which would effect the amount of money paid. No mention of people wanting Wales lose anywhere there.

If you don't class yourself as a normal fan that's your lookout.

I think you should give up supporting football as it clearly makes you unhappy.

Replied to Jamie agreeing with him that most normal fans want Wales to win. Then expressed an opinion some people want players not to turn up which would effect the amount of money paid. No mention of people wanting Wales lose anywhere there.

If you don't class yourself as a normal fan that's your lookout.

I think you should give up supporting football as it clearly makes you unhappy.
    You should have made that clearer in your original post.

Some people just cannot let go of the past.

The said people I'd wager are a cluster of closet Liverpool fans with axes to grind because their beloved team have won very little of anything worth winning in their lifetimes.
    Whereas in contrast Giggs, Manager of Wales, the most decorated British footballer of all time, the arch nemesis of them all, continues to thrive in the game.

I try and steer clear of this type of thread but tonight I'm feeling weak.

How long are we going to debate the man in this tedious manner and derail potentially decent threads?
    He's the Boss of Wales whether we like it or not and if we are Welsh, we should be firmly behind the man, no matter what has gone on previously.
    Do we want Wales to continue to build on others' fantastic work and progress to the next level or do we want to see us fail because of one man?
    The notion that people might choose the latter is ludicrous.

It does make one wonder whether those that appear to spout their bitterness at Giggs are not just bitter ManU haters or WUMs but if they are even Welsh.

Quote Originally Posted by MacAdder View Post
    Some people just cannot let go of the past.

The said people I'd wager are a cluster of closet Liverpool fans with axes to grind because their beloved team have won very little of anything worth winning in their lifetimes.
    Whereas in contrast Giggs, Manager of Wales, the most decorated British footballer of all time, the arch nemesis of them all, continues to thrive in the game.

I try and steer clear of this type of thread but tonight I'm feeling weak.

How long are we going to debate the man in this tedious manner and derail potentially decent threads?
    He's the Boss of Wales whether we like it or not and if we are Welsh, we should be firmly behind the man, no matter what has gone on previously.
    Do we want Wales to continue to build on others' fantastic work and progress to the next level or do we want to see us fail because of one man?
    The notion that people might choose the latter is ludicrous.

It does make one wonder whether those that appear to spout their bitterness at Giggs are not just bitter ManU haters or WUMs but if they are even Welsh.
    I'm not sure anyone has said they want Wales to fail.

I have a personal problem with Giggs - the main one being that I don't think he will be loyal. If Wales get off to a flyer in qualifying and, say, the Southampton job becomes available - I have the impression Giggs will be gone. However, make no assumptions here, but I think that, as soon as Wales kick off their first game, all that will be put to one side as everyone will be hoping for a Wales win. No doubt there are people out there who want Giggs to fail for various reasons, but that will be a small group of people surely?