+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: A question of morals regarding these child abusers

Re: A question of morals regarding these child abusers

Quote Originally Posted by William Treseder View Post
    I’ve said in other posts in this thread, that if the sentences for these freaks were more severe, then less people, myself included, would not be keen on advocating execution.
    The cosy lifestyle behind bars that these killers get, irks a lot of people.
    Just the really severe cases or the entire prison population?

Your wriggling out of this one Bob. Right now, as things stand, I would have no qualms about pressing a button to end the lives of the 4 I have mentioned. They are all as guilty as sin, there are no questions of doubt about that, and yes I would sleep tonight without a problem.
    As I have explained above, if the sentences were as I’ve described for these scum, then I would no longer be advocating the death penalty.. As it is though, they are all living in relative comfort, compared to some of our pensioners. I’ve lost my mum and other loved ones at an early age, and countless numbers of good people I know have passed on too early. Add that to the innocent victims of those 4, and i’d press the button as soon as I could.
    I'm wriggling?

Your wriggling out of this one Bob. Right now, as things stand, I would have no qualms about pressing a button to end the lives of the 4 I have mentioned. They are all as guilty as sin, there are no questions of doubt about that, and yes I would sleep tonight without a problem.
    As I have explained above, if the sentences were as I’ve described for these scum, then I would no longer be advocating the death penalty.. As it is though, they are all living in relative comfort, compared to some of our pensioners. I’ve lost my mum and other loved ones at an early age, and countless numbers of good people I know have passed on too early. Add that to the innocent victims of those 4, and i’d press the button as soon as I could.
    I think you’re missing the point if people could be always 100% sure they were guilty and then have the power to kill them like that, more people would be up for it.

But the fact guilt is rarely 100%, it would be the government doing the killing and the cost of it that’s a big argument against it. That’s ignoring the moral facts or ignoring the the argument whether being dead is even that much of a punishment? They won’t know they’re dead, you could argue it’s an easy way out.

Also the point the OP was making is what gives the people who are bad enough to be sharing a high security prison the moral high ground?

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    I'm wriggling?
    I’ve made my stance clear.
    Have you been on the Sherry today ? 😜

Quote Originally Posted by Croesy Blue View Post
    I think you’re missing the point if people could be always 100% sure they were guilty and then have the power to kill them like that, more people would be up for it.

But the fact guilt is rarely 100%, it would be the government doing the killing and the cost of it that’s a big argument against it. That’s ignoring the moral facts or ignoring the the argument whether being dead is even that much of a punishment? They won’t know they’re dead, you could argue it’s an easy way out.

Also the point the OP was making is what gives the people who are bad enough to be sharing a high security prison the moral high ground?
    Is indeed the point I was making , Charles Bronson is an evil violent man but never mind that let him strangle these sex beasts , he is a liver anyway and we can all cheer him from our cosy homes

Whilst the following week an armed robber kicks feck out of someone serving time for fraud and the silence is golden

Quote Originally Posted by SLUDGE FACTORY View Post
    Is indeed the point I was making , Charles Bronson is an evil violent man but never mind that let him strangle these sex beasts , he is a liver anyway and we can all cheer him from our cosy homes

Whilst the following week an armed robber kicks feck out of someone serving time for fraud and the silence is golden
    If some lifer kicked fu*k out of the guy who murdered little April Jones, I wouldn’t look on him as some sort of hero, but I would have a bit of a smile on my face. Wouldn’t you?

If some lifer kicked fu*k out of the guy who murdered little April Jones, I wouldn’t look on him as some sort of hero, but I would have a bit of a smile on my face. Wouldn’t you?
    Not really , the man's a criminal and is behind bars for the rest of his life , perhaps the liver who gets him is behind bars for mugging old age pensioners , he's a **** as well

Quote Originally Posted by SLUDGE FACTORY View Post
    Not really , the man's a criminal and is behind bars for the rest of his life , perhaps the liver who gets him is behind bars for mugging old age pensioners , he's a **** as well
    Yes both ***** but then one less ****. **** A shouldn't be made a hero but he has reduced the cuntness in the world. He is still a **** and will have time added to his sentence, win win.

Feedback

You are after vengeance not justice. Locking them away and ensuring they have a long life so they can think of their crimes and how they are viewed will torture their soul.

We all act on impulse and on occassions regret it. These people are no different except their impulses are far more extreme. They will know and appreciate how abhorrent their crimes are and eventually any psychological barrier they have created will come crashing down.

Let them live and suffer their crime. Their only release will be death. should we grant them that? Is that more merciful for a tortured soul

Feedback

Another one completely missing the point.
    Nobody would advocate the death penalty if the scum of the earth were locked away for the rest of their life, in squalid conditions, with absolutely no perks, and made to work for their keep till they dropped down dead.
    Is that really too difficult to grasp?
    The true mark of a civilised society is how it treats its criminals

Feedback

Quote Originally Posted by Eric Cartman View Post
    Where has anyone said they care about the killers at all. That straw man gets dragged out every time.

If you execute people for murders and sex offences you will eventually end up killing an innocent person.

That is a line i don't think we should cross but you might feel differently.
    State sanctioned murder is still murder, and after the execution, you still have the same number of murderers alive.

Quote Originally Posted by TISS View Post
    You are after vengeance not justice. Locking them away and ensuring they have a long life so they can think of their crimes and how they are viewed will torture their soul.

We all act on impulse and on occassions regret it. These people are no different except their impulses are far more extreme. They will know and appreciate how abhorrent their crimes are and eventually any psychological barrier they have created will come crashing down.

Let them live and suffer their crime. Their only release will be death. should we grant them that? Is that more merciful for a tortured soul
    Unfortunately many are released far sooner than I personally find acceptable.

Many, particularly the most vile wouldn't really reflect upon their crimes as abhorrent either.

Quote Originally Posted by TISS View Post
    The true mark of a civilised society is how it treats its criminals
    I agree 100 percent