+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Need a 'Leicester' game

Need a 'Leicester' game

We need a game this season like that Leicester game where Gypes got his marching orders taking one for the team.
    The response in the crowd to that sending off was phenominal and the players realised we were right in the thick of it and feeling it with them.
    This team has, to a man, run through brick walls for us this season and now with a very potentially exciting run in it's time for us to assist and do our bit.
    Something changed that night against Leicester for the relationship between team and crowd. A similar change could make a significant difference to our fate this season.

Re: Need a 'Leicester' game

I feel they are running into walls their efforts have been splended,digging into games ang getting a result, last season we would have lost em.

I loved that game for the fact it proved everyone wrong that ccs could have a great atmosphere

The thing I remember most about that night was Paul Quinns performance at make shift centre half after Gyepes got sent off. He was a gritty player of somewhat limited talent but he was immense that night and threw himself in front of everything. He was injured as well but couldnt be subbed as we had used all our replacements before the sending off. He was limping around with a bandaged leg marshalling the troops under a sustained onslaught. His best game by far for us I think.

Quote Originally Posted by dml1954 View Post
    The thing I remember most about that night was Paul Quinns performance at make shift centre half after Gyepes got sent off. He was a gritty player of somewhat limited talent but he was immense that night and threw himself in front of everything. He was injured as well but couldnt be subbed as we had used all our replacements before the sending off. He was limping around with a bandaged leg marshalling the troops under a sustained onslaught. His best game by far for us I think.
    Yes i recall his performance too. Hadn't had much game time in his Cardiff career but stepped up that night and was an absolute warrior.

I remember the pub lock in afterwards

Quote Originally Posted by dml1954 View Post

Weren't we effectively down to nine as Chris Burke was hobbling around with cramp or a muscle pull towards the end?

Quote Originally Posted by dave1927 View Post
    We need a game this season like that Leicester game where Gypes got his marching orders taking one for the team.
    The response in the crowd to that sending off was phenominal and the players realised we were right in the thick of it and feeling it with them.
    This team has, to a man, run through brick walls for us this season and now with a very potentially exciting run in it's time for us to assist and do our bit.
    Something changed that night against Leicester for the relationship between team and crowd. A similar change could make a significant difference to our fate this season.
    Think tonight is that game. All be it away from home.

Quote Originally Posted by Fine Lines View Post
    Think tonight is that game. All be it away from home.
    That game may be on Sunday against local rivals and rivals for promotion.